GF1 & GF3 HELP!!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GF1 & GF3 HELP!!!
Apprentice
Member # 6664
Profile #0
Hi All, Can anyone help me out a bit?? In GF1- I seem to have it completed, However, the WEST WORKSHOP stays red on the map display, but I have cleared the area. Even after several retrys. Am I missing something?? In GF3 - on Dhonal's Isle, I have the same type of problem at Darkstone Core.... Then I can not enter either Creators Hall, or the Purification Plant...... What can I be missing for entry???? Thanks for any help.... :)
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #1
You can explore areas even when they aren't cleared- you just have to make it to the zone where you can reach the next area on the map.

The west workshop is very tough to clear- you have to meet some very specific requirements (not have a control baton, collect one in the workshop, or something like that). Clearing it doesn't really matter, since it's a dead end anyway.

Darkstone core is also a dead end, so clearing it doesn't do much either. You may not have completely explored Darkstone core yet. You may have to kill the beasts to the west, or the tough golem to the SW.

Can you be more specific about not being able to enter the Creator's hall or the purification plant?

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6664
Profile #2
Schrodinger :
Thanks for your help, I'll try it out.

As for not entering Purification Plant, or the Creators Hall,.... When I approach the zones, from either of their two entrances, I can move in a few steps, then I approach a slid down type of door, but they will not open... I don't see any levers, or control for them.
Also, at Purification Plant, I take poison damage hits until I leave the area.
Still no open door into the area.

Thanks, :confused:
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #3
At the purification plant, enter from the south. Go west to talk with servant mind and have him open the doors for you.

With the creator's hall, make sure you have the quest from Lord Rahul to destroy the source of the rogues. That should help you enter the building.

--------------------

Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Apprentice
Member # 6664
Profile #4
Schrodinger:

Thanks, I'll give it another try at Creator's Hall.

Hope it works, wouldn't want to start over, actually, I hope I somehow, haven't done something I shouldn't have, on the way there that would keep me from getting through.

That kind of brings a question to mind,.... If I were to start the game over, as another character, would the previous game saves still be available?? That way I could be playing the game twice, and go from one game to the other as needed. That way, one helps to play the other and avoid some problems, or at least helps to know how to deal with them.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
Yes. Just save it in a different save slot. Just be careful not to accidently save a game in the wrong slot.

Dikiyoba is assuming that the G3 save screen is the same as the G1 and G2 save screens.

Edit: Sig change.

[ Tuesday, January 10, 2006 14:24: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #6
Schrodinger is elementalizard? Do you remember me? I was who mail you a request, how to make the Tinker Bauble ( I'm matteopezzotta)... Wow, you are the member three? So you are an administrator? I was thinking that you are only a Geneforge 3 normal player...

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #7
Hi- I had figured as much, since you appeared on these boards right about the time you emailed me. Hope you GF3 experiences have been going well!

I'm not an administrator, I was just lucky enough to register on these boards as soon as they were announced to moderators.

--------------------

Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Schrodinger:

Hi- I had figured as much, since you appeared on these boards right about the time you emailed me. Hope you GF3 experiences have been going well!

I'm not an administrator, I was just lucky enough to register on these boards as soon as they were announced to moderators.

Understand. Anyway yes, my Geneforge 3 experiences have been going well, with your FAQ ;)

[ Saturday, January 14, 2006 03:49: Message edited by: MagmaDragoon ]

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Apprentice
Member # 6703
Profile #9
Are you using the single Quicksave and Quickload buttons instead of pressing the Escape key and then selecting to save and/or load? There are 14 different save slots you can pick yourself, then one autosave slot, and then one quicksave spot. In all there are 16 save games.

You can have as many different games going as you want and still load from any other game. You could have 15 different characters with 15 totally different games going (the autosave would write over itself and couldn't be used manually).

Let me know if any of this is confusing or you need more help. I'm in a huge hurry so I'm rushing to write this and it might come out a little confusing.

*Warning: *Gameplay Spoilers* on how to do things coming! This contains no Story Spoilers at all, but it does spoil how to finish certain puzzles.*

For Darkstone Core, did you kill all the Golems in the southwest and then take the Golem notes? Did you kill the named Drayk in the Northwest named Hsssak and then talk to the Servant Mind that's near him? The named Drayk, Hsssak is right by the Servant Mind. This particular Mind is being temporarily controlled by Hsssak and so it will be red to you and attacking you. You should be getting plenty of hints not to attack or kill the Servant Mind (and you should realize these are the most loving towards the people who made them of all the creations ever and should never kill them for the most part). If you kill the Drayk named Hsssak first, then the Servant Mind will no longer be hostile, he'll turn back to neutral or friendly and you can talk to him and get him to open up stuff. If you did kill the thing, you can never clear that dungeon, but it also has no effect whatsoever on the game ending or the gameplay through the game. It's absolutely fine to leave it red and finish the game.

For Creator's Hall, it should give you a hint the first time you enter that tells you what you should be doing in order to open the doors here.

I don't know if it's the same for Loyalist and Rebel, I played as Loyal. You have to go back to the Main Army Camp and tell Greiner to help you assault the places. There's a line of quests that leads up to here from Rahul where you're finding out what's wrong with Greiner and then after that's done you give him his orders. The doors are sealed shut until he goes up to help you at that point (when you're a loyalist). For Rebel, I've no idea what line of things gets those doors open.

Purification Plant has multiple entrances, but it's good to talk to the Servant Mind in the Southwest first to get him to open some doors. Then if I was you, I'd enter it from the North side coming South, you can get to it from South Keep at the Southeast part of the area. There's this Drawer inside the Purification Plant that is hiding the key you need in order to get through various parts of the level. This Drawer type thing that holds the key is in the middle east of the Purification Plant (that is on the far East side, about the middle though halfway up, a little more to the North than South). Once you get the key it lets you get through certain doors and you need to go to the West and take this west door to go deeper into the plant. Once you're deeper into this Plant, there are these power things you need to deactivate in the Northwest and Southwest part of this area, 4 total, 2 in the Northwest and 2 in the Southwest. When you deactivate those, the quest is done for this area and also it turns off the acid and power things that keep hurting you. This is the only way to turn off the damage in this area is to go as deep as you can into the area first. Put on things that defend you against poisons and acids (you should have plenty that do unless you sold them all). Buff yourself with defenses if you have Blessing Magic and go for the area. You can always wait and do the level later near the end of the game where you will barely take any damage while doing this area too.