Vezzedra help?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Vezzedra help?
Apprentice
Member # 5218
Profile #0
Hello,

I have gotten to the Warren of the Three and wiped everything in it out except Vezzedra. Eko Blade was no easy trick especially since I'm still at 43 hp and only have enough essence for one decent creation (always a clawbug). I can't hit Vezzedra with anything. Ideas??

Also- how the heck are you supposed to kill ghosts, especially hunter ghosts. I can kill a regular ghost if it's by itself but with more than one I'm doomed!

Thanks

Nijojo
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #1
What are you -- Agent, Shaper, or Guardian? What level? What difficulty are you playing on?

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #2
I find magic works well for ghosts, but then I'm a level 48 Agent, with 8 creations and 250+ HP. Try on Easy difficulty.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #3
If you're talking about those nasty ghosts in the dead pass, where the mysterious horns keep blowing and so on, they're just very tough. If you're still having trouble with High Vezzedra, do not go into the Dead Pass; it is out of your league at this point.

Eventually you get powerful enough to waste the ghosts easily. But it's worth pushing yourself a bit to go through the propitiation ritual, in combat mode and on Speed, before you're actually high enough level to make the ghosts easy. That's because if you do that you can grab a good charm and a very nice sword in this area.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5218
Profile #4
Okay Student of Trinity- you just spoke Greek to me.

Problem is I'm kind of stuck. How do I get more experience when I can't get through anything without having more experience? Kind of a vicious circle, ain't it? I've tried just plowing through stuff in combat mode but I run into Drayks or something else nasty and die very quickly.

I'm a Shaper level 22 with 1 animal- a clawbug. It's the only thing I ever have any luck with and I only have 94 essence points (and 45hp) For some reason my essence dropped when I went from level 20 to 21. Weird. So how do I level up when I'm stuck?

My problem is HOW do I hit High Vezzedra? I can't even hit her! I last awhile, but doesn't do me any good since I always miss no matter what I throw at her. I'm using a Living Knife right now and I donned the dead-eye cloak. It hasn't helped much.

What does it mean when it has a percentage next to your miss. Higher or lower percentage mean you were close? It keeps telling me I missed (11%) with dead-eye and (1%) without.

Thanks

Trish
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #5
I guess you haven't hit the Dead Pass yet. It's in the Taker lands. I don't know where else you're meeting hunter ghosts, but I guess I've just forgotten about those earlier hunter ghosts. It has been a while since I played G2.

A 22nd level Shaper with nothing but a single Clawbug is craziness. I'm amazed you've made it that far. You should have a good little squad at this point, something like half a dozen Vlish. What are all your attributes? (Strength, Intelligence, Magic Shaping, etc.) Have you been using your skill points efficiently?

Your available Essence goes down if you make or evolve creations, but the only way your maximum Essence should ever drop is if you unequip an Intelligence-buffing item. Did you take off a Student's Belt or something when you hit level 21?

Anyway, the percentage it shows when you miss is your chance to hit. I'm not so surprised that your Shaper's personal chance to hit High Vezzedra is low: Shapers aren't supposed to be good at combat. But a pack of Vlish ought to be making short work of the wretch, while your Shaper pops a beer pod and calls out encouragement from far to the rear.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5218
Profile #6
LOL! I can just picture this.

No I've been to dead pass, but can't get through it. I meet the Hunter ghosts or some other pack of ghosts and then I'm playing the funeral march. So... kind of frustrating. I can't get through the Northern pass either, or crystal caverns (or is it mine) working on Infiltrator's Fort (got an Artila and some serviles to kill yet). Can't seem to get anywhere in Ellrah's Tomb or the Complex Core. As I said- stuck.

The part I didn't understand was going through the ritual of what??

About the only creation I can make that packs any real punch is a clawbug. I only have enough essence for one decent one (90 points). I'll have to get you my stats in a bit. not handy at the moment. I know I put a lot on mechanics awhile back so I can pick locks and disarm mines pretty well. LOL. It's come in handy a lot.

Okay will post back later

Trish

P.S. I might have had the student's belt....have the girdle of insight now I think.

Okay- here are the stats:

Level 22-

Health- 45 Essence and spell energy 94

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 2
Intelligence: 4
Endurance: 4

COMBAT:
Melee: 4
Missile: 5
Quick Action: 4
Parry: 3

Magic:
Battle: 2
Mental: 2
Blessing: 2
Spellcraft: 1 (this is grayed out for some reason)

Shaping:
Fire: 3
Battle: 4
Magic: 3
Healing: 6

General:
leadership: 6
Mechanics: 9
Luck: 3

Armor: 55
Stun: 85%
Mind: 20%
Poison: 30%
Acid: 20%

Okay- that's it.

[ Monday, May 23, 2005 13:17: Message edited by: Auri Fitzgerald ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #7
Well, a big part of your problem is your relatively high combat stats. It costs a lot of skill points for a Shaper to reach your levels of Melee, Missile, Quick Action and Parry, and you get very little bang for your buck. If you were a Guardian, by now you would be sitting around 10 in these four abilities, and doing okay. As a Shaper, you should have straight zeros in these four abilities, with the possible exception of Missile Weapons. The skill points you sunk in these areas, areas in which your Shaper will never excel, could have given you much higher Shaping skills, Magic skills, and Intelligence.

You also should not have raised Mechanics so high -- there are many items available that boost it for you. (I'm assuming you don't have these items since you haven't mentioned any of the southern areas in which they can be found. If you do have several, then your Mechanics isn't actually out of line.) And it is actually not worthwhile keeping your three Shaping skills equal.

Instead you should have picked one, and specialized in that type of creation. Magic is definitely my favorite choice, but some prefer Fire. You should have cranked Intelligence up to at least 8 or 10, giving you lots of Essence. You should also have raised Blessing Magic higher, and maybe Mental or Battle Magic (but probably not both).

If you had done these thing, by now you should definitely have your small army of experienced Vlish, and be comfortably tearing things apart. As it is, you will be badly handicapped for a long time, trying to live down your poor skill point investments in combat skills and Mechanics. You may well want to scrap this character and start over.

If you do want to keep struggling along, you should probably go South, then West, eventually heading towards Rising. There are some comparatively easier areas in that direction, which you might be able to beat. I don't really envy you the job, though: at this point your enemies may well be getting stronger faster than you are. You might also consider lowering the game difficulty level, or even using some of the cheat codes to boost your experience (as a way of 'undoing' your earlier unwise choices by getting more skill points).

The fact that your Spellcraft is greyed out is weird. I don't understand that. I don't think that's supposed to happen under any circumstances. If you just don't have enough skill points to buy any Spellcraft, you should just not be offered the little "+" button next to it. Maybe there is actually something wrong with your game file.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5218
Profile #8
Well ouch!

How do I get through the southern areas? What gets me through that?

Thanks

Nijojo

P.S. Cheat codes? Do tell...
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #9
I know u probably wouldn't want to cheat, but being stuck takes the fun out of the game.
Just open the cheat window (shift + D) and type dbugkill. it will save u time and energy
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #10
No, that's not the one you want, since I don't believe it gives you any experience points. It will get you through the game and let you see some of the geography, if not the story, but it won't let you get stronger and beat things.

If you hit shift-D, a command line box pops up. You can enter "Iwanttobestronger" and it will give you more experience. Repeat a few times, pumping Intelligence and maybe Magic Shaping, then make at least four decent creations (Vlish are great at this stage). Finish off ol' Vezzedra, then head south through Clawbug Canyon from the Road to Medab, and see how it goes.

[ Monday, May 23, 2005 16:00: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5218
Profile #11
I will try that. Thank you very much. Not sure why you like Vlish so much, though. I've used them to little avail. They seem to be very weak physically... Guess that's why I'm partial to the clawbug- but it's worthless for long distance attacks. I can make a Cryoa now, though.

Thanks. Will update

Trish

P.S. Those things down south that you were referring to- those wouldn't happen to be acid sprayers would they? I found me a lot of those- one spot has about 6 in there and I can't disarm em fast enough. *sigh*

[ Monday, May 23, 2005 16:18: Message edited by: Auri Fitzgerald ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #12
For the sprayers use combat mode, and try speed pods and/or run away a bit between deactivations. Or take the other, southern route through the valley of Cryoas.

Vlish are excellent; they're not too bad even hand-to-hand, but their ranged attack is very nice. A single Vlish may be disappointing because it may not kill things in a single shot, but six of them work great ganging up from long range. Heal them up as they get hurt and they'll fight well for you.

Clawbugs might be fine; I've never really tried them much. They hassle of having to close with the enemy, compared to the convenience of long-range blasting with Vlish, has never seemed worthwhile to me. Too often, closing with one enemy exposes you to attacks from a more distant ranged enemy, that would have stayed out of the fight if you had engaged the first enemy from range yourself.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5218
Profile #13
Aaah okay. What I've found is that clawbugs deliver ruthless blows but of course only short range. Using your little trick mine is now around level 22 and takes down ghosts easily and does a good job against golems too. Getting better. I still only have 66 hp so can't do much. Problem is the clawbug is the most expensive critter I have right now in means of essence. but I've tried all the ones I can make so far and to this point it has been the best in close range combat.

You're probably right about the range thing, but I usually take care of that (depending on what it is) using range weapons of my own. Or, I let the clawbug go in and kill off what it can then I go in and clean up. Course, now that mine is leveled up so high I'm a little more protective of it!

When I get enough essence to sustain more than one creation I might try meself a Vlish again.

Thanks

Nijojo