How does Dominate work?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How does Dominate work?
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #0
I'm curious about the spell 'Dominate'.

Does spellcraft increase your chances of defeating an enemies mental resistance?

And does increasing mental magic/spellcraft/intelligence increase the length of time you can control an opponent for?

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #1
Spellcraft increases chance of a succesfull spell, increases chance of any spell to be succesfull (read the instructions)

Increaseing Mental Magic and Spellcraft will increase efficency, i.e duration of spell. Increaseing Intelligence will not.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #2
quote:

Spellcraft increases chance of a succesfull spell, increases chance of any spell to be succesfull (read the instructions)

I knew that bit...

quote:

Increaseing Mental Magic and Spellcraft will increase efficency, i.e duration of spell. Increaseing Intelligence will not.

How do you know this?

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #3
Because i have read the Instructions? Seriously, read the, they come with the game being installed. They explain head on what will boost a magic (Which is Level of Spell, Level of Skill and Level of Spellcraft added) and what will not.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #4
He is right. Trial and error.

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #5
quote:

Because i have read the Instructions?

I have too. It doesn't mention anything about Dominate's duration being increased via Spellcraft/Mental Magic. Perhaps I interpreted it differently to you...

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #6
The insturctions says bluntly what will boost ALL magic, what all magic is base don, which is Said type level, Said level of spell and level of Spellcraft. It goes for all spells in the game, and i seriously doubt JEff would give Dominate a diffrent script just for the hell of it and not even mentioning it in the Instructions.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #7
quote:

The insturctions says bluntly what will boost ALL magic, what all magic is base don,

I know that, Contra. However, it doesn't specifically mention spell duration, especially relating to Dominate. So I'm not 100% sure.

I know that with Spellcraft+Mental Magic increases likelihood to hit enemy with Dominate, likelihood to charm (it specifically mentions this in the instructions). But not the duration of the domination.

Spiderweb has never been great at giving in detail descriptions, but then what average gamer wants to know abou the mechanics of the game?

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #8
Mental+SC will boost spell efficency, meaning both accuracy and duration (You notice this when you got high SC and Blessing Magic, Speed tends to last for ages). As i said before, it would be highly unlikely that they decided that just for one spell Int would be a factor of power. SO unlikely that it is safe to say that it is untrue.

--------------------