Three Questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Three Questions
Apprentice
Member # 5748
Profile #0
I have played the game through several times, without any cheats, and I have yet to learn a few things:

1. What is in Gazak-Uss?
- I have reached Inner Gazak-Uss but, even with total Mind Resistance, the Eybeasts keep massacring me. Any advice on that would be appreciated (I'm using a Agent, and she's freakin' ripped on canisters). I am fairly certain it does not lead to any other areas. I saw a bunch of Eyebeasts and Drakons in a back room; I assume that was the "finale."

2. What is behind the forgotten door?
- It's in Benerii-Uss Holding, far north-west corner. At first I thought that would be Gazak-Uss, but the crystal shards turned out to go with a different door. It'll drive me nuts if I don't find this out. It says in every ending I've seen that "there is something growing, behind a forgotten door in Taker lands." Based on the map, there's no space to fit another square for a new area, but if you look at the Benerii-Uss Holding Map, there's not enough room for anything really big back there. Makes me wonder...

3. What's with Learned Pinner's river escape?
- If you go back behind Pinner's place you can see what the game describes as "a private dock set up for a quick escape" or something to that effect. If you look out into the river you'll notice the lighter blue that indicates you can travel to another area by stepping there. However, you know, it's on water! If I only had a boat... there is the one from Geneforge in the Drypeak Warrens storage rooms... Really, Medab has no other north exit, so it holds together that this actually leads somewhere. By the way, I have given Pinner "a stabbity death" by now, so if she needs to be alive, I'll have to do some more playing.

Also, I wonder if killing Shanti allows you to get her cool necklace or has some cool consequence ... she's gonna die anyway, right?

Please post if you know this stuff, or have any insights on it. I'm dying to know (over and over, in Gazak-Uss).
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
1. I've always fled eyebeasts, staying out of range so that they can't hit me even though I can hit them. There's disappointingly little there except for a few neat items.

2. Nothing. At least GF2, there's nothing. Maybe GF3 has some insight into this — I wouldn't know.

3. As far as I know, you can't go that way, but I could be mistaken.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5748
Profile #2
Depressing. I guess I'm done. In the meantime I shredded everything in Gazak-Uss, and now have 10 AP default and 15 when I hasten. Useless, though, since I'm done with all the quests. Maybe I'll go slay all the Barzites. Only ones I haven't.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #3
Good luck on killing Barzhal (I've heard he's realy tough).

I've got 100 posts!!! :eek: :cool: :) :D ;) :P

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Warrior
Member # 2607
Profile #4
Killing Shanti doesn't really do anything, at least not in the first few zones. (If you kill her in one, she just appears again in the next) Well, it means you don't learn whatever skill she teaches (Daze for agents, but different for shapers and guardians) if you kill her before that point. I wasn't game to try it in one of the 'town' areas, with all those other NPCs around.

Actually, I might have killed her in that little house that she stays in until she goes missing, but I think the town turned hostile on me. Save first. Unless you want the town to turn hostile.

Hmm...

I can't believe I'm the only person to have tried killing Shanti, but I'm glad I'm not the only one to have thought of it.

--------------------
1. Forge my Genes, will you!? (attack!)
2. That's all for now. Thanks.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #5
You are not !
The very third time I played through the demo, I killed her in the first 2 zones. In the Drypeak, the first time just after Shanti talked to Takena, as soon as the conversation ended, I killed Takena, No effect. I also killed a guard once and the town didn't go angry.

--------------------
BOOM!!
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #6
You find out what was behind that mystery door in Geneforge 3.

Shantih's necklace really does seem to be just a necklace, as she says. You can't get it.

Barzahl is no big deal, certainly not after Inner Gazak-Uss.

Kill Eyebeasts the same way a hopped-up Agent can kill anything: pop round a corner, flash a couple Kills or Auras of Flames, then pop back out of sight, making sure to save at least on AP. Exit combat mode, then re-enter immediately. Repeat until whatever it is becomes whatever it was. Minor variation if no convenient corner is at hand: finish up with Strong Daze. Worst case, attack only once per round, and use the remaining 10 AP to get back and forth from behind cover.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #7
I dunno where you find it, but behind the door is a special drakon, I beleive.

--------------------
BOOM!!
CSM RIFQ
Apprentice
Member # 5715
Profile #8
In Inner Gazak-Uss there are a few glowing green things that aren`t runes or canisters that can`t be picked up.Every time you go near one they glow and either a rotdhizon,eyebeast, or an Ur-Drakon comes
toward you.
Now I know this is easier said than done but try to avoid the glowing rocks.

--------------------
Dylan
Warrior
Member # 3357
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Ringer:

3. What's with Learned Pinner's river escape?
- If you go back behind Pinner's place you can see what the game describes as "a private dock set up for a quick escape" or something to that effect. If you look out into the river you'll notice the lighter blue that indicates you can travel to another area by stepping there. However, you know, it's on water! If I only had a boat... there is the one from Geneforge in the Drypeak Warrens storage rooms... Really, Medab has no other north exit, so it holds together that this actually leads somewhere. By the way, I have given Pinner "a stabbity death" by now, so if she needs to be alive, I'll have to do some more playing.

I don't think that you can access that patch normally, but it only leads to East Medab.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #10
Howja get to it?

--------------------
BOOM!!
CSM RIFQ
Warrior
Member # 3357
Profile Homepage #11
by editing the gforscen.txt file so that water doesn't block movement.