To hit

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: To hit
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #0
I have level 20 Searing Artila, but they have 0% to hit when I fight against the shades in the Crystal Caverns. So, I Bless them, but, same percentage...I have the same problem fighting the Sharon's Experimental Vlish.
I play a "blessing" Shaper, with no weapons skills, just...blessing magic. What can I do?
I've put some skill points in Battle Magic, but my hit percentage is really poor...

Please, people, help me! I think my Shaper is really weak, where can I put my points?

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
You might want to consider putting more points into shaping skills to make your creations more powerful. Also, make sure your creations have plenty of Dexterity.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #2
I'm level 17, and have 10 points in Intelligence, who gives me 186 essence pts, but of course, it's never enough.
Do you play with a few powerfull creations (like 2 boosted cryoras), or with a lot of smaller ones?
I play with 4 thads, 2 searing artilas, and 1 cryora, all with just 2 points in intelligence. I find the game really difficult!
I understand pretty well the Avernum system, but I don't get the Geneforge's one...

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #3
Experiment with creations, choose the ones you like best, and make just a few powerful ones. I haven't played in a while, but I think I have three or four creations. Maybe two by this point. Works better for me.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #4
The FAQ of Geneforge 2 is sweet.

NAME TO HIT TO AVOID

Fyora (0) (0)
Roamer (+10) (0)
Drayk (+90) (0)
Drakon (+65) (0)
Cryoa (+20) (0)
Cryodrayk (+100) (0)
Ur-Drakon (+65) (0)
---
Thahd (+5) (0)
Clawbug (+10) (0)
Battle Alpha (+25) (+10)
Rotghroth (+60) (0)
Thahd Shade (0) (+20)
Plated Bug (-10) (0) Worse chance to hit than Fyora
Battle Beta (+25) (+10)
Rotdhizon (+60) (0)
---
Artila (+10) (0)
Vlish (+25) (+10)
Glahk (+40) (0)
Gazer (+70) (+20)
Searing Artila(0) (+10)
Terror Vlish (0) (+10)
Ur-Glahk (+40) (0)
Eyebeast (Auto) (+20)
As can be seen, a Searing Artila hits even worse than a normal Artila. For better percentage, try Cryoas, and especially Vlish. You'll also save a good deal of skill points.

EDIT: The base percentage (0) is that of the Fyora.

[ Monday, August 30, 2004 01:38: Message edited by: Seaweed ]

--------------------
Mow down the sexy people.