Question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Question
Apprentice
Member # 6509
Profile #0
Hmmm there don't seem to be a lot of posts here (or I'm not looking at this board right!). Ok, I think this is the only one! Possibly since the game has been around a while...

I do have one question. Liking the game, it's my first from Spiderweb.

My question is: How safe is it to leave stuff laying out in the game? My character gets encumbered pretty quickly and I would like to just leave items I might use laying on the floor by a vendor I sell off too. I think it's safe but don't know for sure.

Tahnks for the help!
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #1
Don't worry man, they'll be there whenever you go back. Trust me I know. I used a dead guys house as a dumping ground for trash, literaly trash.

--------------------
Pass the sauerkraut and chips please.
Apprentice
Member # 6509
Profile #2
Thank You Goldenking!

I feel light as a feather already.

Well, I will once I get to plaaaaaaaay later tonite!

:)
Warrior
Member # 5483
Profile #3
I just threw things in a pile like I did on 1 & 2, but my stuff disapeared. However, I found this was not so if you store them in a container or two.

--------------------
Ignorance Is bliss -Cypher (Matrix)
Don't think you can; know you can -Morpheus (Matrix)

sanity is overrated :)
Apprentice
Member # 6509
Profile #4
Thanks TOG for the update. I'm playing 1 currently (having fun too!) but I'll keep that in mind once I move along to the sequels...
:)
Warrior
Member # 5483
Profile #5
You're very welcome. Since you're only on G1, I'd like to suggest you play it through a couple of times before moving on to the sequel and same w/ G2. I found that after playing the sequel, I can't stand go back. :( Please don't make my mistake.

--------------------
Ignorance Is bliss -Cypher (Matrix)
Don't think you can; know you can -Morpheus (Matrix)

sanity is overrated :)
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #6
I've never had stuff on the ground disappear. Whenever there are a maximum number of items on the ground in that zone, the system refuses to accept another dropped item. In other words, I drag the item to the ground area and try to release it, but it "sticks to my hand" and I can only put it back in my inventory.

EDIT: But yes, I did notice a difference in Geneforge 3. Thankfully, the ability to put items in cabinets and so on — which was so handy in Nethergate — made a reappearance in G3. I hope Avernum 4 has the same feature.

[ Tuesday, December 06, 2005 17:57: Message edited by: IRA Witch Herd ]
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #7
The only exception is that if you die, items may get destroyed...but then, who really cares at that point. ;)

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00