Which Faction to Join ?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Which Faction to Join ?
Apprentice
Member # 5672
Profile #0
I have finished playing the demo (this means my
knowledge is limited to the first and most of the second island), but...

1. First of all, how many different factions are
there? Loyal shapers, Rebels, ...
does Litalia belong to a different faction than Rebels?

2. I have found that way too many people ask
which faction of thought I belong to, I tried to be somewhere on "everyone is free to make their own decisions" side (which I guess is more Rebelish), but never completely admitted
that in public. As a consequence both in Sun Ru
and Rebel camp on the second island I am considered with doubt, no one accepts me with open arms and teaches me all the kowledge they have :( .
So, is it better to choose a faction right at the start, or is there a way to postpone the decision
until very end?

3. How do "drastic" items influence the opinions
of those around, I don't mean killing someone,
but giving research notes from the mine to a human mage or delivering a canister to Rebel on the
second island?
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #1
quote:
1. First of all, how many different factions are
there? Loyal shapers, Rebels, ...
does Litalia belong to a different faction than Rebels?
There are only two factions: The loyal shapers and the rebels. Litalia is on the rebels side.

quote:
2. So, is it better to choose a faction right at the start, or is there a way to postpone the decision
until very end?
Your last chance of changing sides is on Gull Isle, in the town of Stonespire.

quote:
3. How do "drastic" items influence the opinions
of those around, I don't mean killing someone,
but giving research notes from the mine to a human mage or delivering a canister to Rebel on the
second island?
Helping the rebels on Harmony Isle, I believe, will significantly affect your reputation.

In my humble opinion, the Shapers are somewhat less corrupt than the rebels. The rebels fight - or, at least, claim to fight - for a better treatment of the creations of the Shapers, but intend to sacrifice hundreds of millions of lives, including the lives of many creations, to achieve their goal. Besides, they excessively use skill canisters, which poison the mind.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #2
Giving the rebels the canister on Harmony Isle will on affect that island. Since no one is able to travel between islands but you no one knows what the other island is really doing.

You can gain everything and move on no matter which side you assist. A little looting and a lot of living tools will help. As said above as long as you help each side a little you will have many opportunities to switch.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4131
Profile #3
I killed the Rebels on harmony isle.I now want to join them.is there anyway to make up for this?

--------------------
I like Biscuits!!!!
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #4
Repair the Creator.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #5
You can always use the cheat: clear all sects
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #6
If I'm not mistaken major actions are remembered.
Warrior
Member # 4131
Profile #7
Join the Rebels,Kill the Rebels,Join the Rebels,Kill the Rebels

who offers the better creations???

--------------------
I like Biscuits!!!!
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #8
Although I've only played through the game as a Loyalist, I'm quite sure the rebels offer the better training. No loyal Shaper will offer training in the shaping of Gazers or Drakons, although Khyryk on Gull Island will give you Rotghroth training. A friendly Drakon the Isle of Spears will give you a single level of Gazer for the right price, but that's about it. The rebels doubtless offer full training in all the fourth-tier creations.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #9
I also ended up being Loyalist, so I can't help with the Rebels. Worse! I was a Loyalist who spoke in favor of Rebels' rights. But, anyway. The best I could get, creations wise, was a Rothgoth (he rots in a goth way), Drakon, and Eyebeast. Mostly from Cannisters. Mr. K didn't want to train me, but in his benefit I'll say at least he was nice about it (and I got to loot his tower)

Only two major groups. But be careful how you talk, if not you won't get full benefits from them, though you'll still make it to the end. What I mean is: if you are Loyalist, talk like one, and vice versa. (I wonder, if you help the rebels, but your speech is pro-Loyalist, do you also get the same treatment?)

Eigenvalue: The cannister will turn the man into a monster (I think it's something similar to what happens when Shapers use cannisters, but faster?) but that's about it. I saved it and gave it to another character later.

Also: as for things you can give to multiple people, there are one or two such instances. The only one I experienced was with Kanoa (sp?) and the end result was. . . neat and cool in a way as far as game story goes, but nothing wow about it. So, I guess, there's no difference in the end whom you give things to.

Also: For example, you'll get a puresteel ring at one point. You can give this to two different people. One gets you nothing. The other gives you a thing that's not amazing, but. . . at least you can sell it (sorry about the vagueness, but I'm afraid to say too much, and I may have said nothing at all. *gulp*)

Good luck!

[ Thursday, April 07, 2005 19:02: Message edited by: buried spelunker cowry ]

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #10
As far as training goes you'll get the most out of the loyalists. You can always loot the rebels for their canisters.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #11
There isn't a single rebel Shaper or Drakon that will train you in Gazer or Drakon? Amazing, since they seem to be capable of producing them in quantity.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Apprentice
Member # 5664
Profile #12
there is a canister in icy end by the drayk that leads icy end that lets you create a gazer. i also found a canister somewhere that let me create a drakon too but i cant rmember where it is
Apprentice
Member # 5667
Profile #13
On the Isle of Spears, Orois will train you in making Gazers, for a hefty fee. But he won't care if you're a loyalist or a rebel.

--------------------
Whatever happens, happens.