When i heal my self i use essence ... how i get back?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: When i heal my self i use essence ... how i get back?
Apprentice
Member # 1952
Profile #0
any idea? i understand shapper monsters keep the essence .. but what abou spells like the hand "heal" button

is there a rest/camp command?

thanks
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
When you enter any town area, like Vakkiri, you automatically regain all your health an essence not tied up in creations. Be sure to clear areas so you can always get back to to a town.

—Alorael, who finds it slightly irritating to have to leave a town and return if he uses any essence while in it. It was probably made that way to make combat in towns an actual challenge, but it gets annoying.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5182
Profile #2
You can also use essance pods. They help to quickly restore some essance during battle.

--------------------
Kitten
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #3
Eh-
I don't think that you regain all of it. You regain like 500 or 700 hp or something like that though so it tends to be all of your HP. I just know that with a powerful Drayk I have had to return once or twice to a town.
Edit: This might have been GF2-

[ Tuesday, November 16, 2004 10:33: Message edited by: m's avatar ]

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Apprentice
Member # 5218
Profile #4
It's important to be clear that when you have a creation with you, ie a clawbug for example, that whatever essence you used in that creation cannot be regained until it dies. If you absorb it you only get about half back. So best to let it die unless you REALLY need that essence. I try to leave about 10 essence points when I make a creation (I only have 102 right now total) so I have enough to cast spells like heal, cure, and unlock. Essence pods are good, but all you need to do to recoup is to go to a friendly village (Vakkiri, Ellrah's Keep, Pentil, and Kazg will work unless you've made someone mad there) You don't even need to find the pools there, you need only go in and you're replenished. I always return to recover from battle before continuing to another world. If you've cleared all the areas (or at least made them passable) so they're green you can jump to ANY area without having to go in sequencial order. I'm working on the East Docks right now, but I can jump to Vakkiri quite easily since everything inbetween is cleared.

Hope that helps

Auri
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #5
It's best to leave more than 10 essence points, especially later in the game. I haven't played in a while, but 102 seems like a relatively new game to me - I think my chracter has at least 30 essence free, and I'm pretty sure he has five or six drayks. Having to go back to town constantly is annoying.

Also, don't forget essence pools - there are pools throughout the game which recharge your essence and energy (or is it health?) when you stand close to them, as if you had entered town. When you find these pools, try to remember where they are - they can be very useful. They are also usually in relatively safe areas, which is why I use them to drop off heavy items which I can pick up before returning to town, but that's just a personal preference.

EDIT: Forgot this was GF, not GF2.

[ Friday, November 19, 2004 19:36: Message edited by: Lady Davida ]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Warrior
Member # 4345
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Auri Fitzgerald:

It's important to be clear that when you have a creation with you, ie a clawbug for example, that whatever essence you used in that creation cannot be regained until it dies. If you absorb it you only get about half back. So best to let it die unless you REALLY need that essence. I try to leave about 10 essence points when I make a creation (I only have 102 right now total) so I have enough to cast spells like heal, cure, and unlock. Essence pods are good, but all you need to do to recoup is to go to a friendly village (Vakkiri, Ellrah's Keep, Pentil, and Kazg will work unless you've made someone mad there) You don't even need to find the pools there, you need only go in and you're replenished. I always return to recover from battle before continuing to another world. If you've cleared all the areas (or at least made them passable) so they're green you can jump to ANY area without having to go in sequencial order. I'm working on the East Docks right now, but I can jump to Vakkiri quite easily since everything inbetween is cleared.

Hope that helps

Auri

It doesn't matter wheter you absorb it or let it die. When you absorb it you immediatley get half the essence back, but the rest of the essence is now freed up, no longer keeping it alive, so simply return to a town, drink an essence pod, or find an essence pool and you'll get the rest back.

--------------------
"Damn Scots. They ruined scotland!"-Groundskeeper Willy, the Simpsons
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #7
I strongly encourage creating fyoras in the beginning.(and don't destroy them) They're cheap, and unlike avernum/exile creatures dont reappear, so if you destroy the creature, any exp gained is gone. Of course, the other creatures are useful too, but they just start out later in the game and cost more essence.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!