Spawners

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Spawners
Apprentice
Member # 6259
Profile #0
I am currently getting it handed to me by the spawners in the Inner Mines. Any strategies to deal with these? I bought the speed spell thinking that would help but I don't have high enough skill and never have any essence.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #1
What Shaper are you playing as?

What Creations/Companions do you have

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Apprentice
Member # 6259
Profile #2
I am a guardian with Greta and a fyora.
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #3
try having speed pods and such for that speed boost.

as far as other stuff... well, if you have decent missile weapons skill, using crystals (icy and spray crystals for you right now, most likely), you can get two shots per round normally (3 with a speed pod, 4 with haste, i think). that might help you some.

other than that... well... how attached are you to that fyora? chances are you've got it upgraded to a point where you don't have any essence left, which means you have none for other things. at the very least, you probably have it upgraded more than is really necessary. basically, if you think of it as your travelling companion, then fine, keep it. if you view it as an expendable resource (hey, you can always create more, right?) then you may want to dump it for some thahds to absorb damage, and maybe even deal a little, or something like that.

of course, this is all just IMO.
Apprentice
Member # 6259
Profile #4
Uh oh. I didn't realize that crystals used the missile skill. I haven't upgraded that at all.
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #5
pretty sure that crystals and wands use the missile weapons skill. regardless, you shouldn't have too hard of a time hitting them. if you need a little help with it, you could try using a battle pod if you have any (assuming you don't have essence for the spell).
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #6
Also, Alwan is fairly helpful this early in the game, especially as when he "dies" you can just go pick him up again.

He's in one of the rooms back at your school. He'll join you for the first island, even if you've told Litalia that you want to join her (a rebel).

So, War Blessing helps, A thahd might be helpful, but if you get Alwan you can let him take the pain instead.

Okay. Have a try...

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6259
Profile #7
I am pro shaper but I have had greta tagging along and she is now higher level than Alwan. If I take alwan do I still have a chance? And does he only follow you for the first island?
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Justin Y.:

I am pro shaper but I have had greta tagging along and she is now higher level than Alwan. If I take alwan do I still have a chance? And does he only follow you for the first island?
If you stay on the Shaper Team, Greta will leave you when you reach the Docks on Dhonal's which lead to Gull.

Alwan stays with a Shaper right throughout.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------