what is cheat code for getting coins?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: what is cheat code for getting coins?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3683
Profile #0
I think there is a cheatcode for more money in G2. What is it in G3?
Posts: 266 | Registered: Wednesday, November 12 2003 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #1
There is none try searching for cheats or cheat codes and you will find that out on your own use A trainer or editor for money
Apprentice
Member # 5931
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Dragongirl:

I think there is a cheatcode for more money in G2. What is it in G3?
WOW... you need money? I finished the game with almost 20,000 coins. It was that low because I had purchased some training from Krykh (sp) before heading to Spears.

Most of my training was in the healing crafts, but I think I purchased a few shaping techniques.
I finally finished the game using no creations, no canisters, few enhancements and only Alwan by my side.

Now, I shall try to go back and finish G2. Man, it seems tougher than G3! :eek:
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #3
you must not have been a guardian with high parry skill then.
Apprentice
Member # 5931
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Jaid:

you must not have been a guardian with high parry skill then.
Not sure what you mean by this. I play guardian in each of the games. I try to up my parry and quick action skills when possible but concentrate more on endurance and strength as well as healing.
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #5
everything i've heard about parry in GF2 is that it was way too good. once it was high enough, you had a 50% chance of getting them with their own attack (if melee). failing that, you have a 50% chance of simply blocking the attack. failing that, you have a 50% chance of reducing the damage.

which means, a 25% chance of taking damage if in melee, and only a 12.5% chance of that being full damage, or double those against ranged attacks.

and, as i understand it, that assumes they are able to hit you in the first place.

how exactly does that make the game more difficult if you have high parry?
Apprentice
Member # 5931
Profile #6
quote:

how exactly does that make the game more difficult if you have high parry?
Maybe it just seems the rogues are tougher than in G3. Possibly because you have to fight so many of them alone, whereas, in G3 you have Greta and Alwan through the first 3 islands (depending on which side you play and other factors).

Anyway, I won't keep this going as this is not the G2 board.

Thanks for responding tho. :D
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
As others have mentioned, Parry isn't nearly as good in Geneforge 3 as in Geneforge 2. In other words, it's merely a decent skill instead of one that completely breaks gameplay for one class, and thus throwing all your skill points into it is ill-advised. Either way, it's reasonable to go for around 15 parry by the endgame, but how fast you go for it will differ.

[ Wednesday, August 24, 2005 23:13: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #8
Doesn't also depend on whether or not you are playing on Torment?

[ Wednesday, August 24, 2005 23:46: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #9
Use the cheat 'igotarock' over and over again, and sell the rocks.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
You can sell rocks?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #11
Of course, but it's better to trade them for free training.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3683
Profile #12
who would buy a rock?
Posts: 266 | Registered: Wednesday, November 12 2003 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #13
no one. they have a value of 0. doesn't matter how many you have, they never add up to being possible to sell (unless it's like the trowels, and some rocks *do* have value).

of course, you are welcome to prove me wrong onm that (i've hardly checked every single rock i've come across, but as far as i can tell, they have no value whatsoever. i presume they were put in the game just because Jeff thought it made sense that there would be rocks all over the place. of course, for some odd reason you can't throw the rocks it seems... go figure).
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #14
The top area of this thread board has some scripts to download that make one of the signs at South End turn into some kind of character editor. If you're desperate for money, just download those scripts and replace the old ones, and just get to the South End sign to activate some instant gamer-made cheats.

Word of caution, back up the old scripts before putting in the new ones in your GF3 Scripts folder.

[ Thursday, August 25, 2005 12:54: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #15
quote:

no one. they have a value of 0. doesn't matter how many you have, they never add up to being possible to sell (unless it's like the trowels, and some rocks *do* have value).

of course, you are welcome to prove me wrong onm that (i've hardly checked every single rock i've come across, but as far as i can tell, they have no value whatsoever. i presume they were put in the game just because Jeff thought it made sense that there would be rocks all over the place. of course, for some odd reason you can't throw the rocks it seems... go figure).

I think it was fairly obvious that we were being sarcastic about it. Everyone that has played any GF game knows that rocks have no value whatsoever. Now, I can understand that Jeff would put rocks in the game. Yet creating a cheatcode for it? Niceeee
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #16
i thought it was fairly obvious you were being sarcastic too. however, it looked like some people were actually taking it seriously =P

although, it would be kinda funny if there was a quest to bring someone 2,000 rocks or something silly like that =P the reward could be a bunch of stone blocks (which, as i recall, are also completely worthless... but i can't really think of any other reason to gather rocks. but then again, neither am i a game designer)
Apprentice
Member # 2634
Profile #17
quote:
Originally written by Jeros:

The top area of this thread board has some scripts to download that make one of the signs at South End turn into some kind of character editor. If you're desperate for money, just download those scripts and replace the old ones, and just get to the South End sign to activate some instant gamer-made cheats.
I'm using this on my second time through. And it makes the game so much easier to play...my first time through, I collect everything I can sell in each area to get the cash I need. Honestly, I think gathering and selling stuff takes at least as long (maybe longer!) than actually playing the game...it's just really tedious. Clear an area, then go through every corner of it AGAIN gathering items to sell, making several trips because my pack gets full. Ugh.

Now I just go to the sign, fill up on cash, and go about my business. I pick up nothing I don't need. It makes playing so much easier, and I don't feel guilty because having played through once without cheating I know that there is enough cash out there to buy everything I could want; I just don't have to actually go through the tedium of picking up and selling stuff.