Heavy Stone

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Heavy Stone
Apprentice
Member # 3347
Profile #0
On my first playthrough I found a 246? pound stone, but now on my 5th or 6th game, I have not run accross the heavy stone again. I remember a topic that talked about the stone, but cannot find that again either.

Now that I better understand how the enhancements work, I wonder what the stone does. Has anyone used it yet, and what does it do?

I think I found the stone on the first island? Is that the case and if so, where is it.

--------------------
“Where did this apple come from?”
--Alan Turing
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #1
So you went looking over every stone you found in your path?

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Warrior
Member # 5186
Profile Homepage #2
Maybe it was a one-time glitch. They do occur. Eg. I attacked Master Hoge at the Roamer Swamp in Harmony Isle and though I didn't kill him, he didn't appear at the Bulwark Inn.
Apprentice
Member # 3347
Profile #3
I really haven't gone around looking at every stone, but I do look at some of them. Playing the game is what I try to do. It is already tedious enough having to pic up every piece of 1 coin crap to pay for later stuff without going around looking at every rock.

I tried to combine them on the anvil when I first had them/it. That was before I had an understanding of how the forges worked and what could be charmed. Just imagine the joy of collecting 243? rocks together and looking for that next rock to get the carry more weight enhancement.

Does anyone remember the discussion that I am referring to about the heavy stone?

--------------------
--Alan Turing
Apprentice
Member # 3347
Profile #4
14 pages back I found the posts on easter eggs...

Here is what was said at the time...

Lord Nargil wrote on April 30,
"This may not count as an easter egg but in the entrance to darkstone mine I found a stack of 258 or so rocks enhanced with fire resistance"

Student of Trinity wrote on May 04,
"Yeah, those rocks are there. Carrying them all did not actually seem to improve my fire resistance any, but I suddenly thought that this might be an overflow effect, and that maybe if I dropped half of them or so, I would suddenly have enormous fire resistance.
Not obviously all that helpful because there isn't so much fire damage in the game, but still."

Since I found these posts I have gone back and searched the Ruined Mine Gates, Darkstone Mine and the Core aswell with no luck.

If indeed this item can enchant, just imagine the implications.

--------------------
--Alan Turing
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #5
I have a shaper (Noah) in the mines now and I found the stones. Currently they're just sitting in a very lovely pile -- I dropped about 10 at a time to see how big the mess around me would get. Not all that big, but since they're all just stones, it does look kinda nice -- not so nice that I'd bother to do it again, tho.

I'll go pick one up and see if it is enchantable, tho I doubt it. Besides, it's not equip-able and the fireresistance doesn't show up on your stats no matter how many (or few) of them you have in your inventory.

EDIT: Just went back and tried it.
No, you can't equip it.
No, you can't enhance it.
And you can make a pile of stuff that is up to 5x5.

[ Monday, July 18, 2005 04:34: Message edited by: mok ]