Some interesting things about the endings

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Some interesting things about the endings
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #0
I just finished the game with the loyalist ending, then decided to see other ending pieces by going around killing various people and using canisters before getting on the boat again several times and noticed a few interesting things that were quite odd: (spoilers warning!!!!!)

1. Though a few bits are different beforehand, ultimately things turn out just about as well for you as a loyalist whether or not you used canisters provided you did everything else right.

2. Killing agatha after having freed her does not affect the ending in any way and it still mentions her being executed later.

3. If you kill Khyrk, the shapers interviewing you bring it up, but then when it is describing island by island later on it still talks about him running the island in obscurity.

4. Killing Daiwaniya only causes the absence of a certain piece of text, but no new comments.

[ Thursday, July 14, 2005 18:03: Message edited by: Walter ]

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Apprentice
Member # 4112
Profile #1
I think things don't change much depending on how much canister you used; instead, they really change depending on how many islands you put under Shaper control.
In the loyalist ending, if you "commit too many crimes against Shapery", you will not survive your enjailement.

--------------------
AKA xKiv : I/O,I/O, it's off to disk I go ...
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #2
I finished it loyalist and it was fine. Then I reloaded (to see what'd happen) and killed Rahul, his wife and the main Donhald settlements. Then I left for Terrestria, funny thing that they (the shapers) felt happy to hear how I destroyed the geneforge and even made me repeat the story, but then they capture me and well, the rogues attack and I am killed by a guard or shaper.

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #3
Wonder if the penalty is the same for just helping the rebels on harmony or killing khyrk, and weather for some offenses you are forgiven if you didn't use the canisters but not otherwise. Makes it kind of tempting to play through the entire game as a rebel, but then when you get to the geneforge destroy it (someone said the boat in dhonal west gate is triggered by destroying the geneforge, not talking to rahul so it should work), or play as a loyalist until gull then switch.

[ Tuesday, July 19, 2005 21:09: Message edited by: Walter ]

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Apprentice
Member # 4112
Profile #4
Prediction: You will get killed.
By the Council Guardian, if you played as rebel-destroyd-Geneforge.
By the rebel attack party, if you played loyalist-turned-against-shapers.

--------------------
AKA xKiv : I/O,I/O, it's off to disk I go ...