Out of Tools.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Out of Tools.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #0
I started up my Hunter Guardian on Torment again, and he is doing fine. I am in the Twin Minds lair, opening the locked doors to kill the pylons within.

But, alas, as the topic states: I am out of tools. I have bought up every tool in every shop so far in the game, and I don't have enough Mental Magic to use Unlock.

Any suggestion to how I can find some tools or continue with my game without cheating or useing a code?

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Apprentice
Member # 6065
Profile #1
When you were playing the game were you saving up on living tools all the time? OR were you using them every chance you got? That may explain why you used them up, I save up as much as I can and always use the spell unlock, I did this in Geneforge 1 and ended up with about 73 living tools, which was a waste, and in geneforge 3 (demo) I had over thirty, with out any use until I got into the shapers private quarters (San Ru). And that was with guardian, but also have you looked in cabinets, chests, nests for living tools?

--------------------
I like swords!
-Fighter
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #2
Try using the trick where if you have a creation standing near an item that is not yours with someone near by, but have your character standing somewhere with no one around you can steal it without getting caught to pick up living tools on the counter in stores. Also, I've always had plenty of living tools, did you invest no points in mechanics, not carry around +mechanics gloves, and then open any door you found even if it takes over 10 tools with a quest that opens it for you?

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Apprentice
Member # 6065
Profile #3
The higher the mechanic skill the lower usage of living tools, so did you up mechanics? And ya steal whenever possible.

[ Sunday, July 03, 2005 14:59: Message edited by: neophyte ]

--------------------
I like swords!
-Fighter
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #4
Mechanics 6 (8 with Tinker gloves). Allready stolen all tools with the creation trick (used Greta), and I use my tools whenever I can, because they usually last anyway and useing tools give allot of good XP.

In G1 tools were completely useless, because unlock worked instead and picking locks did not give XP.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #5
Yes I suppose its true, but you have to draw the line somewhere, such as using 10 living tools to open a lock that will soon be unlocked by a quest for instance.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #6
If you really want to open every single door, you should leave some of them until your Mechanics is higher and then come back to open them.

This is especially true for very hard doors, because they will give you 50 experience whether you are level 15 or 25.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.