Darkstone Forging Items (possible spoilers)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Darkstone Forging Items (possible spoilers)
Warrior
Member # 1250
Profile #0
What does the Ivory Skull forging item do? I read the description, and it says that it has "Curse Power." Is this a detrimental forging item, or does it do something useful?

Also, a sidenote to my intended question... what do Steel Spines do for your equipment?
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #1
I think the Ivory Skull is bugged in first version.

Steel Spines are efficient, if put on armor they damage those that attack you in melee. If put on weapons the weapon do more damage (I think).

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
Ivory Skull on a weapon lets you put a weak curse on enemies. I don't know what it does on other equipment.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #3
What is the stats on this weak curse?

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #4
Ivory Skull on armor increases your to-hit chance with melee weapons (and possibly missile weapons or spells, I'm not sure)

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5368
Profile #5
Speaking of this sort of thing... What sort of equipment, forged or otherwise, would you suggest for someone taking the hard and magic-free path of Guardian? By this I mean what you have a reasonable chance of acquiring well before the endgame.

I am trying to find an optimal mix to just keep my guy alive without going to the insane measures some have taken. Steel spines would certainly help in a pinch.

[ Monday, June 13, 2005 19:10: Message edited by: Hectonkhyres ]
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #6
The crystal shroud is great for Guardians. Make it as soon as possible.

Otherwise, your best options are probably steel spines and golden crystals. Golden crystals will give you a lot of resistance to other effects, and may enable you to ignore several touch effects, however they are pretty rare so use them only on armor you intend to keep for a while (crystal shroud, symbiotic cloak).

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00