I'm stuck

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: I'm stuck
Apprentice
Member # 4094
Profile #0
I am playing as a shaper and I have been trying not to take sides (shaper versus rebels/Litalia).
I have one Fyora and the agent from South end. Currently I'm trying to get through the Infested Path but I just can't get through. My characters aren't strong enough to get through without potions or spores, and I it seems like I've used up all the spores/potions around already. I can cast a very few weak spells and I dont' have much essence anyway. I can't seem to make it through any of the other areas either. My team keeps getting killed at Dhonal Docks (by the roamers and vlish) and the vlish woods. What can I do? I know I could get through Dhonal Docks by getting the rebels to do me a favor, but I REALLY don't want to do that "favor". Still I may have to try that because it seems to be the only way to progress.

--------------------
Beware the canisters!!!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Sounds like you've been allocating your stats suboptimally; one creation isn't really enough for a Shaper. What abilities do you have? You should be allocating lots of skill points into intelligence and shaping skills, a bit into blessing magic, enough Leadership and Mechanics to get by, and not much into anything else.

By the way, you'll have to take sides eventually. You'll likely find yourself increasingly disadvantaged by tying yourself in knots trying to avoid doing so.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Cat:

I am playing as a shaper and I have been trying not to take sides (shaper versus rebels/Litalia).
I have one Fyora and the agent from South end. Currently I'm trying to get through the Infested Path but I just can't get through. My characters aren't strong enough to get through without potions or spores, and I it seems like I've used up all the spores/potions around already. I can cast a very few weak spells and I dont' have much essence anyway. I can't seem to make it through any of the other areas either. My team keeps getting killed at Dhonal Docks (by the roamers and vlish) and the vlish woods. What can I do? I know I could get through Dhonal Docks by getting the rebels to do me a favor, but I REALLY don't want to do that "favor". Still I may have to try that because it seems to be the only way to progress.

Well,

Apart from making some "Mortar" creations (Artila), youy can get Alwan to join you. He's like Greta, except that you pick him up in your school. Also, If you haven;t already, the testing ground is fairly good.

- Archmagi Micael

P.S. Though I have no idea how strong the enemies you are facing are (I've gotten as far as I can with the Demo). You can also set teh game difficulty to the easiest.

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #3
::Blinks:: You got one FYORA? Why would you have such a weak crestion so late in the game? No wonder you are getting owned.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
I made it all the way through GF1 and GF2 as a Shaper with a pair of fyoras that I kept from the very beginning of each game. When they gain 30+ levels, they're actually pretty effective. I reabsorbed them and made a drayk, but it didn't do even half as much damage as they did.

But then, my skills were allocated weirdly.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5957
Profile #5
I'd reccomend just restarting your character from the beggining. Its not that hard to get to dhonal docks and if you're stuck there with a fyora then its probably best. Either that or absorb the fyora and make something useful.

--------------------
Procrastination is not the problem, its the solution
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #6
Because of how damage levels work...

Fyoras actually get fairly strong now.

I have a Loyalist Shaper right now that is playing no canisters, and all he has (Due to variant restrictions) is access to Fyoras and Cryoas. He has 3 Fyoras that he has raised from the very start, and they are strong! They are doing about as much damage as a Drayk of the same level. (One Fyora is level 30ish) While they have similar firebolt damage, they do not have similar bite damage, and I think the Drayk would have a bit, but not much more, health.

Also, due to variant restrictions, his only allowed offensive spells are firebolt and icebolt. He does have a full array of Mental Magic though.

They did hit a rough patch about mid game. I can not explain exactly why that was... But they bogged down for a bit... And then once they hit low to mid twenties, they picked up again and started pulling their own weight.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.