A Map Editer Included in Geneforge 5? perhaps?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A Map Editer Included in Geneforge 5? perhaps?
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #0
it would be cool if we can edit our own maps in Geneforge 5, making our own scenario,

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #1
Yes, it would be cool, but I seroiusly doubt that will happen.

Other threads have discussed similar things, and all have come to the conclusion that there will most likely never be a Blades of Geneforge game, which is what you're implying. Do we really want--or need--to create another BoG blog?

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
*shakes a magic 8 ball*

Doesn't seem likely.

Keladon once said that Blades of Avernum could be modified to give a Geneforgish game with NPCs being used for creations and some other specials to duplicate spells. It would be a lot of work since you wouldn't have the interface showing essence level but that could be dealt with as a message at the bottom.
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #3
custom scenario perhaps?

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Keladon once said that Blades of Avernum could be modified to give a Geneforgish game with NPCs being used for creations and some other specials to duplicate spells. It would be a lot of work since you wouldn't have the interface showing essence level but that could be dealt with as a message at the bottom.
Hmm. Never thought of a Geneforge-like BoA scenario before, but it does seem possible, at least in theory.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Apprentice
Member # 8861
Profile #5
There won't be a map editor in G5 but there will be an editor for it.
quote:
Also hoping for a built-in editor. The A5 one is beautiful!

It is extremely likely that this will happen.

- Jeff Vogel
Check the G4 forum on Geneforge 5 March Update page 1 at the bottom of page.

--------------------
The editors are ubercool!
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #6
but if they DO include a map editer for G5, i would be more than happy to pay triple for the game! :)

--------------------