Skill Canisters!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Skill Canisters!
Warrior
Member # 8344
Profile #0
Lets talk about canisters for Geneforge 1-4.
Im currently in GF1.
I used.....
some where between 20-50 canisters out of the maximum from the isle.

SHAPER LVL 16
My stats

str 2 base
dex 2 base
int 8 base
end 4 base

mel 3 base
mis 2 base
qui 3 base
ana 0 base

bam 3 base
mem 3 base
blm 3 base
spl 3 base

fir 5 base (1) item (shaper robe)
btl 4 base (1) item (shaper robe)
mag 4 base (1) item (shaper robe)
hea 4 base (1) item (shaper robe)

lea 10 base
mec 5 base (2) item (tinker gloves)
luk 1 base

My Abilities

firebolt 3
searer 4
searer orbs 3
unlock 2
terror 1
dominate 1
blessing 2
speed 2
mass energize 1
heal 4
cure 2
mass restore 0
fyora 2
roamer 4
drayk 2
thahd 3
clawbug 1
battle alpha 0
artila 4
vlish 3
glaahk 1

ornk 0
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #1
What about them? I always use them as a Shaper, but ignore them when I play a loyal Guardian.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #2
I always thought canisters should just give you skill points. That they should make you more powerful in general. But then again I never liked skill points in the first place. And eventually you wouldn't get as many skill points from canisters but you'd get more detrimental effects. But that's harder to implement.

I've been a canister junkie for years. My palms are raw, my eyes are dull, and my skin radiates powerful miasma. Also, I have this unnerving tendency of slaughtering people.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Warrior
Member # 8344
Profile #3
I also want to find out the secret of the shapers.
how do i get there without getting killed by the pylon in the spirit city?
what order do i have to do with the pylons?
(plus i think there is a free canister in the temple)
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
Go here for the walkthorough and look for the section about the secret. Otherwise be prepared to spend hours touching pylons in order to find the order that doesn't shock you.
Warrior
Member # 8344
Profile #5
now i get it!
if it zaps me i have to start over!
the ones u touched but didnt get zapped are saved right? (if you didnt get zapped after you touched the others)
RIGHT???
:confused: :confused: :confused:
ok now i no how
go to drayk vale start at that one then ancient crypt diarazad junkyard wastes west wastes wind vale then spirit city (is that correct?)

[ Tuesday, July 17, 2007 15:59: Message edited by: TJC Shaper ]
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
Dikiyoba thinks that's right. You'll know for certain when you try to cross the ruins into the Spirit City temple, though. If you can get across them, you did it correctly. If you can't, well, you messed up somewhere.
Warrior
Member # 8344
Profile #7
like i said!
i edit my first post because its my stats.
Please read the first post and tell what to spend on.
(am i strong enough to attack the front gate or do i need to go further in the shaper crypt?)
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #8
If you are running a shaper, then you rely on your creations. Then you are better off increasing shaping skills and healing, and you can increase missle weapons for crystal use and batons if you want to attack. Melee is harder in GF1 unless you run a guardian or agent since you have to use 3AP to switch weapons and close with the attacker that usually has a decent missle attack.
Warrior
Member # 8344
Profile #9
What do i spend my points on?
i need some ENDURANCE (so i can do west, south workshop and power core and be less likely to die
but SPEND mostly on wat?
INTELLEGENCE SHAPING HEALING?
i need mental for door unlocking right?
blessing for stronger creations.
do i need dex? (makes me faster)
so i can go before my creations?
plus i hate acid attacks (some rumor that dex adds resist fire)
i need 10 leadership (recommended) to join any sect without doing quest. i dont need battle magic?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #10
I think it's 12 leadership so you don't have to do any of the quests to join a sect. High leadership early on in the game gets you some easy experience. Mechanics helps with traps and unlocking doors for experience.

You don't need dexterity as your creations do the fighting for you and you can go last to heal, haste, and bless using spores or spells.

Endurance always help increase your health to stay alive.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #11
12 leadership sounds too high for G1. I think I only ever had 10 or 11. I usually get my mechanics to 14 or 15 and ignore the unlock spell altogether, but since I think the highest trap is 14 mechanics and the tinker's gloves provide a +2 to mechanics, the highest mechanics needs to get is 12. I get those two skills up as soon as possible (Vakkiri has a lot of rewards for doing so) and then ignore them for the rest of the game. A few points of luck helps too, but not too many, especially since you can buy luck later on.

As a Shaper, put skill points into at least one of the shaping types for powerful creations, intelligence for essence, and blessing magic and healing for support. Add strength (for carrying capacity), endurance, spellcraft or dexterity/quick action as you need them.

Dikiyoba.