Does time matter in any Geneforge game?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Does time matter in any Geneforge game?
Apprentice
Member # 8548
Profile #0
I remember that running out of time on many quests is something that held me back in lots of old school RPGs. I was so happy when an official patch removed the ultimate time limit in Fallout (not the water limit though). Is this an issue with Geneforge? I really love how deep it is, and I like traveling a lot and taking it all in, but I would hate to miss a quest because of being slow!

Actually, does time matter in any Spiderweb game? I'm thinking of trying some other stuff, too.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #1
As far as we can tell, time plays no part in Geneforge other than for bragging how fast you can finish the game.

In A3, at least, you had to deliver packages and such within a certain time limit.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
Time doesn't matter in Geneforge.

In Exile 3 and Avernum 3, there are two major things that happen after a certain amount of time, but the amount of time is fairly generous.

Time does play a role in one of the Spiderweb-made Blades scenarios, but you are told about it explicitly there.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #3
As far as I can tell, time is totally meaningless in all the Geneforge games. I find this to be a good thing, since nobody can get mad at you for being too late. Besides, I like to do just about everything that can be done before finishing the game.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.