Training ground question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Training ground question
Apprentice
Member # 4044
Profile #0
Is there a secret to surviving the advanced training ground stuff on the first island? I've played all the quests, killed all the beasts on the first island. I've gotten the empty bracelet from the second room inside the complex. But when I go to the room to the north and step on the rune, this stone beast appears and completly clobbers me and all my characters.

And it's not like I even come close to killing him. My hits do little damage and all he requires is one hit to kill anyone he wishes.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
This is the training of advanced shaper skills. I got through it on higher levels. Come back after you have gotten to Dhonal's Island. Also use a lot of spells. Haste, essences shield, augmentation, protection, so on and so on. Putting many creations between you and the Golems helps, but by the fourth part you'll be fighting Pylons.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
Yeah, the golems are bad news. At quite a bit higher level I took them all out with my Agent, but this involved high speed and dashing back out the door. To take the last stage of the test I had a running battle all the way back down the corridor to the essence pool.

(Well, a running battle from my point of view. The poor golems just kept getting zapped by this blurry attacker who was always popping back out of sight before they could land a blow.)

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #3
What do the stones that get added to the bracelet do?

--------------------
fishing
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #4
An agent or guardian can deal with multiple golems (or any other powerful creature)... Protecting creations is hard, but protecting yourself is easier; you just need to be able to deal damage to the golems and heal yourself every turn. Good armor and stun resistance, good HP level, Haste, Heal (not Light Heal), and a few essence pods when necessary should be able to do it. Better defenses (Essence Armor and Steel Skin are fantastic) and AP boosting items will make it easier, as will a weapon with the Regenerate enhancement. Quick Action and anything else that boosts damage will help reduce the amount of time you have to endure a beating.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1412
Profile #5
The final reward for passing the five advanced Shaper's quests (the Bejeweled Bracelet) is, IIRC, exactly the same thing as the Five-Fanged Bracelet from Sharon's Grove from GF2. It provides a +2 boost to Fire/Battle/Magic Shaping as well as +1 to the Strength, Dex and Endurance of creations. Great if you have lots of creations, and useless (except for 10% protection) if you don't have any.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #6
Oh nice! I never shape any way. So beyond the challenge its pointless.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Apprentice
Member # 5652
Profile #7
My strategy to kill them was to use the essence pool to put steel skin, augmentation, and essence armor on all my creations. Then once the golems appeared, I ran out of the room, sent a rabbit by the door, led one golem out, and let the door close. That way I was able to engage them one at a time, and they weren't able to transfer health to each other.

--------------------
"Many minds make quick work of uncertainty"
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #8
I took on the golems at a low level. I didn't bother getting past two stones, as I was playing an agent, but to beat the first two challenges I took advantage of the Battle Beta standing out front. Basically I led the golems out (one at a time, for the second challenge) and let the Beta take care of them.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #9
You are all pussies!

I took the Golems in a toe to toe fight without any of this running away wussiness (just a bit of cowering in the corner while my creations took care of business). Mind you, by the time I was ready for the final fight my creations consisted of two eyebeasts and something else I can't remember (maybe a rotghroth).

As a shaper I was a weed so had to make sure that none of them got anywhere near me - but two hasted eyebeasts can really dish it out. Other than that I just healed and battle raged them as required. By the end the eyebeasts were all out of spell points and were attacking the Golems with melee - but they got them all eventually.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #10
Kangaroo, pot calls the kettle.
I got through the training ground with only my Shaper and mid-level creations for protection. This was way before I was far enough along to get eyebeasts and Rotghroths. It took a lot of blessing and no running.
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #11
Not so much pot calls kettle, as tiger calls alley cat calls pussy cat ;) .

I'd be interested to know what you did it with - when I tried it earlier on with battle alphas/betas they couldn't dish it out fast enough (at least for the fifth stone fight).
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #12
This is one of the very few times I used meatshields. I never did like doing that.

Anyways I used battle Alphas that had only endurance (about seven) and several fyoras with only endurance. Using bless, protection, augmentation, essence shield… I would use essence orbs so I could hit as many at a time as possible. The golems and pylons would attack the creations first most of the time. This would allow me to preserve my health long enough to barely survive.
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #13
Adding endurance to your creations would seem to be the difference.

I think I'll have to work out the highest essence to endurance conversion rate available to maximise meatshield performance. I'd always assumed that it was more efficient to create another creation rather than add endurance to an old one.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #14
Two creations that can withstand three hits are far more valuable than three creations that can only withstand one hit.