A question about G2

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A question about G2
Apprentice
Member # 7269
Profile #0
What happened to the creation of Eass? You know, the one being held secret from everyone and the one mentioned in the end screen. I want to know what happened to it, what it was etc.. Something should be done about it!
Warrior
Member # 7223
Profile Homepage #1
You mean the one behind the un-openable door?

Go play G3, and figure it out.

[ Saturday, July 01, 2006 00:55: Message edited by: Elijah ]

--------------------
Polaris

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
- H.P. Lovecraft
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #2
Time for you to play Geneforge 3...

Edit: D'oh! Simultaneous posting.

[ Saturday, July 01, 2006 00:56: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 7269
Profile #3
*smack my own face* But I got bored in the 3rd island of G3 =(
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
Eh, it's not enough of a surprise to be worth playing through the rest of a game you don't like just to see it.

It's basically just a really big Drakon.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #5
About this door... There isn't a way to editing scripts and open it?

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Warrior
Member # 7223
Profile Homepage #6
Uhhh, Magma? There's nothing behind the door (in scripting terms). It's there so you can end the game, go back, and say "There it is!".

--------------------
Polaris

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
- H.P. Lovecraft
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #7
Oh.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #8
I remember that door was one of the main things that got me all excited about GF3. What a disappointment when I saw that stupid Drakon

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #9
Guys, I think you'll always be disappointed if you're hoping for the unexpected in Spidweb games. After all think who the villains turned out to be in Exile III, in Geneforge 3 and in Avernum 4.

I suppose a meaningful plot twist - one that turns something upside down in some way - would be difficult to achieve in terms of game mechanics (too many NPCs' scripts becoming conditional, lots of special encounters and descriptions requiring ifs and elses). Not to mention the difficulty of trying to prevent players from messing it up by doing things before the revelation that ruin it (e.g. killing the wrong person). To me it's a miracle that the games have as many possibilities as they already do, considering it's a one-man show.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4