quick action and parry

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: quick action and parry
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #0
For a guardian on torment in G3, should you invest in quick action and parry. I wanted to try a guardian, but I'm used to agents and shapers.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
Parry has been reduced in effectiveness from GF2 (5% per level to 3% I think). It still can help and is probably easier to get than dodging the attacks with dexterity and luck.

Quick action gives you a second swing at a melee attack and can help with powerful health monsters. It doesn't take much to get a regular second swing.

What you need more of is intelligence to cast spells. You have enough for minor healing and daze. You need a couple more levels (Int at 5) if you want to use augmentation and the other buffing spells. Don't even think about speed until after the first island unless you want to neglect everything else.

I'm testing out raising leadership and mechanics to 10 each. The leadership gives you more conversation options and higher experience than killing some monsters. Mechanics will get you through the trap test in Fort Kentia for some extra XP if you do it early enough.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
The problem with Parry is that it will rarely let you block missile (= magical) attacks -- it only gives a 1% block rate against them. That was the bigger change from G2, in which high Parry would block all of almost anything. It is still worth investing in for the damage reduction, but it's no longer the most critical skill.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00