Creation strength and dexterity

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Creation strength and dexterity
Apprentice
Member # 7083
Profile #0
Okay, I know from reading various posts the the attack strength of creations is solely boosted by strength, whether it's a ranged or melee attack. What I'm not clear about is whether accuracy plays by the same rules or if dexterity comes into play here.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #1
Just Strength. For creations Dex ONLY influences dodge rate. Strength covers damage and hit rate for all creation attacks.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #2
And magic attacks a part of "all", right?

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Intelligence is useful for range attacking creatures like fyora, artila, and vlish to increase the number of times they can use their attacks. When hasted they can run out during long combats.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #4
It's more useful to make sure they are high level by pumping your shaping stats and creating them early. Energy is determined for creations just like it is for PCs, so both Intelligence and Level are multiplied into the mix. A level 20 creation will have a base Intelligence of 10, 12 if you want to control it, so spending the overpriced essence to boost its Int score will only increase its staying power by about 8% -- less than that, really, since it does regenerate Energy each round.

Also note that energy used varies widely by the attack and is the same as the spell with the same effect. Fyoras and Drayks should almost never run out, as they copy Firebolt (4 energy). I forget how much the Vlish attack costs, but it's also relatively cheap. Artila, Roamers, Cryoas, Cryodrayks, and Terror Vlish cost 40-50 energy a hit but even with them, at high levels, they can go quite a while. Drakons and Gazers and especially Eyebeasts are the only ones that are likely to have severe energy problems, at 75-200 energy a pop.

EDIT: Yes, magic attacks are included. When I say "all attacks" I mean ALL attacks made by creations. There are no exceptions. (Actually, this may apply to every character in the game outside of your PC. Not sure about that.)

[ Monday, June 12, 2006 18:49: Message edited by: Slarty ]

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #5
oh yeah

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #6
Again...

You "revived" this (useless) topic only to say this? You know, is polite reviving topics only if you have something useful to say. :)

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba