Shaper strategy

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Shaper strategy
Apprentice
Member # 6833
Profile #0
My strategy as playing as a shaper (or as any other class) is to have as much money as possible to get as much training as possible as early as possible. But as a shaper this isn't always possible. I mean surviving through all hardships with only fyora to help you (i usually only use one) is possible but not easy . I am begging anyone out there with a heart to please give me tips on how to play as a shaper :confused:

--------------------
I love my life
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #1
Simplest formula for success as a shaper:
Upgrade to Artila as soon as possible. Pump your Magic Shaping skill and make as many as you can afford. You should have no problems at all on the first island. Then upgrade to Vlish.

If you do that, you can pretty much handle other details however you want, and you should be fine.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6833
Profile #2
I'm sorry but this is for Geneforge2. Practically everything I say is about Geneforge2.

--------------------
I love my life
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #3
The same strategies apply. Get a few Artilas, then get some Vlish.

--------------------
Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #4
Don't you get a vlish from Shanti in the very beginning of G2. That game was too easy in the beginning.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
No, it was only an artila. It's also possible to create a cryoa after the first few sections.

Dikiyoba.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #6
Well, in defense of the Cryoa, it makes it to easy on normal, but the Cryoa is sort of needed on Torment to survive long enough to get something else decent, like Vlish.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
I can attest that it is possible to beat GF2 on Torment with one fyora and one drayk and nothing else. Choose your fights judiciously. Or, more specifically, choose their order carefully.

[ Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:10: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

No, it was only an artila. It's also possible to create a cryoa after the first few sections.

Dikiyoba.

Whoops. Never did have a head for magic.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
If you have a high enough leadership skill, you can convince a thahd to join your party. It doesn't stick around very long, but it can help with the early game if you get it soon enough, and you can convince other creations to join you not too long after that. Leadership is also useful in getting out of or getting more help for some battles.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #10
Start with 8 skill points to buy 2 levels of missle weapons, raise mechanics to 6 and leadership to 2 at the start. Kill everything that you can in the first 2 map sections (rats add up). Remember to switch from dagger to javelins before you see the first fyora. Open every locked door that requires only 1 living tool. It's possible to get to 2000 experience before leaving the 2nd section if you are lucky and kill all the rats before Shanti gets bored and nails them and rush to the main encounter.

When you get to the Dry Peaks Warren go to the southwest corner to get the venom baton (you can fight almost anything). This should get you up to level 3 before the fighting gets hard. Then get the iron bars for experience.

If you want to wait on creations, then you need 2 levels more of quick action from your early levels.

At this point you can raise your leadership to 5 and do the options for experience for another level. Talking to serviles, guards, etc.

Then you can decide whether to go with a fyora or artila. Either one will help. If you are careful you can do the Dry Peaks Fields and the east part of the mines without help from a creation. If you can do that then the Infested Forest (get the Vat Thrad) and Sharon's Grove are possible. I've done all of them before creating anything and it makes it easier to start with a cyora or a decent artila. Speed pods, icy crystals and daze help to even thing up.

The hard part is slipping through the Salt Marsh without getting swarmed by clawbugs and roamers. Once you can do that it's easy to reach Medab and later Magus Complex to get Vlish.

[ Thursday, June 08, 2006 19:22: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #11
About clawbugs and roamers. If you sneak past them and go back later to kill them, you will only get like 1xp. But, if you kill them when you are really underleveled, like, say, level 4 or 5, you can get a whole lot of experience for them... LOTS of experience. That place is an experience bonanza because the mlvl is so much higher than clvl. Having a Cryoa or two allows you to deal with the roamers, clawbugs, and thorn guns.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Apprentice
Member # 6833
Profile #12
Ok, but i was thinking, what if you pump battleshaping and a bit of magicshaping. I mean a pack of battlealpha and vlish are not bad early on. You can plough through all the low level enemies on low difficulty with this combination, and having two or so huge hulks protecting my shaper is sort of reassuring. Think about it :)

--------------------
I love my life
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #13
If you are going the battle shaping route, then thahds are cheaper and you won't feel as bad about them dying. Vlish are great for the stun and can replace beginning artila.
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #14
Attack, then run away, then attack again......repeat the steps

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."