Missle Attacks

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Missle Attacks
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #0
After reading some of the threads on characters I was playing with missle based types.

quote:
PC Missile attacks: Bonus = Dexterity + Missile Weapons + Level of item used
I thought in GF2 that I could make a shaper where I started with 2 extra levels in dexterity (8 skill points) instead of 2 extra levels of missle weapons and get the same result. After 3 tries I found that the attack bonus from dexterity was so much less than missle weapons that I missed about 20% of the time, The damage bonus only occurs with missle weapons. Killing fyoras in the tutorial section shouldn't have been so difficult. Each level of missle weapons adds a die of damage.

Still for the beginning part of the game, having missle weapon skill at 4 and later raised benefits all classes. Using a baton is better at the start unless you are an agent. Before the end of the demo, an agent has raised battle magic and spellcraft so he has a higher average damage. Once an agent gets a multiple attack spell like essence orbs the advantage is definite. Shapers can't get spells raised as easily so missle weapons is better because batons do 6 dice of damage as a base so the skill point cost is as high to match spell damage.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #1
In G2, dexterity does not add damage to your missiles. Sorry.

It was G3, and only G3 that finally brought this about.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Delicious Vlish:

In G2, dexterity does not add damage to your missiles. Sorry.

It was G3, and only G3 that finally brought this about.

Can I know if is the same with Strengh and Meele Attacks?

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #3
No, it's not. Strength has always added to melee damage.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #4
This is a little unfair, isn't?

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #5
No, it's not. Being able to attack from a distance is a huge advantage for any attack type. HUGE. MONUMENTAL. That's why melee weapons had better dice than spells and missile weapons in G1 and G2.

What was perhaps unfair is that battle magic had two pumpable stats to missile weapons' one. Given the other advantages of battle magic (unlimited supply, lack of encumbrance, lack of hassle) that was a pretty unfair comparison.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #6
Some time soon I am going to fine tune my Hunter Guardian... No points in endurance, minimal strength, pretty much everything in to missile weapons and dex. Creations will be made through use of items to boost skill level, and magic skill training will be paid for. Luck will also be pumped up quite a bit. Even quick action and parry will be left at base, bought with training, and boosted with items.

No skill points wasted.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.