G3 Dialog options and plot line

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: G3 Dialog options and plot line
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #25
Most of those people probably just thought that the Shapers would obliterate the army and therefore didn't side with them.
Shock Trooper
Member # 2599
Profile #26
quote:
Originally written by Axem Ranger Six:

I really don't remember dialogs talking about lots of servile deaths. ... Were there any dialogs that stuck in your mind, maybe, that you can point me to?
I remember when I talked to some gatherers on the first island, in the area where the gatherer is that complains about how Lankin stole her notes on the best gathering points. This has been awhile back, but I recall them talking about how many of them were killed by rogues. And even now, they had to risk their lives to continue gathering or starve, and gatherers were being killed in the attempt.

There are other dialogs where you find groups of serviles cut off and starving, and they talk about how they were all that were left of their group, that the rest were killed by the rogues.

Even those serviles and gathers the rogues don't kill directly, if you were not there to intervene, you get the impression that they would gradually starve to death.

Sorry I don't recall the dialogs exactly. Maybe sometime I will start a new game and journal these dialogs.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #27
Yeah, but the thing is, people mention lots of random human deaths, too -- and the gatherer camp is a case in point. People dying was one of the reasons Lankan rebelled, no?

We do hear about some dead serviles, but it seemed like we heard about more dead humans. IMH memory.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #28
Well, in theory, the rebels are helping out the non-Shaper humans as well by overthrowing the Shapers, so massive non-Shaper casualties aren't good for their cause either.

But the rebels sound a lot like Takers under a different name, and the Takers have always been mad and bloodthirsty. Plus, the rebels have all the canisters, which drives people who use them mad and bloodthirsty as well. It's unlikely that the rebels would go too far out of their way to prevent needless deaths, especially since that would make their goals more difficult to complete.

Besides, if the rebels did go out of their way to prevent needless deaths and just killed the loyal Shapers, then the rebel path would be the justified and moral path to take, and there wouldn't be a good enough reason to side with the Loyalists. G3 would loose some of its replayability. Some people would be happier with a decent choice to take, but G3 really isn't that sort of game. It's a "Choose the lesser of two evils" game.

Dikiyoba.
Shock Trooper
Member # 2599
Profile #29
quote:
Originally written by Dmknoiygba:

... Besides, if the rebels did go out of their way to prevent needless deaths and just killed the loyal Shapers, then the rebel path would be the justified and moral path to take, and there wouldn't be a good enough reason to side with the Loyalists. G3 would loose some of its replayability. Some people would be happier with a decent choice to take, but G3 really isn't that sort of game. It's a "Choose the lesser of two evils" game.
I resumed G3 and finished a game as a Loyalist. Even if the rebel path had prevented needless deaths of innocents, there would definitely be moral conflict. I get the impression as a rebel there is no option to destroy the Geneforge, and the Geneforge we saw from the previous two installments is an utterly dehumanizing device. The rebels also manufacture and use canisters, which have a more gradual dehumanizing effect. So there would still be plenty of moral conflict, if this is what is desired.

Does anyone know for sure as a rebel if one gets the option to destroy the Geneforge?

Pages