Canister Abuse (GF2)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Canister Abuse (GF2)
Warrior
Member # 5363
Profile Homepage #0
Quick question...
In GF2, do canisters harm you in any way?

--------------------
Learn from others mistakes. Its safer
and more entertaining than learning on your own.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
No. The canisters have much less of an impact in GF2. You notice a bit of glowing and get a little irritable, but they won't actually make you attack anyone.

Edit: sp

[ Tuesday, May 09, 2006 14:15: Message edited by: Miya ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #2
However, using canisters changes the ending and makes it less satisfying. So, while there are few in-game effects, it does "harm" you from role-playing point of view.

And there is at least 1 place (approaching Taker lands from the south) where using canisters makes you automatically attack hostile serviles. I don't know if you could avoid this fight if you weren't a canister user.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
Originally by Zeviz:

quote:
And there is at least 1 place (approaching Taker lands from the south) where using canisters makes you automatically attack hostile serviles. I don't know if you could avoid this fight if you weren't a canister user.
Yes, you can avoid the fight. (Of course, you can always kill them anyway, if you wanted to.)

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Clarification.

[ Tuesday, May 09, 2006 14:35: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Apprentice
Member # 7083
Profile #4
It also depends what ending you're going for. The Barazhites are perfectly fine with you being a walking/oozing monstrosity blasphemous to every law of nature. The Awakened have plenty of their own abominations of knowledge, hunger for power, and lack of self-control as well. The Loyalists are bit more touchy about that kind of thing :cool:
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #5
SPOILER-------------------- The worst ending you could get in G2 was the canister-using unaligned ending. Basically, you just die.-----------------------------------------------------------SPOILER

EDIT: The Takers and Barzites are both fine and happy to let you do canisters. The Awakened are a little iffy, but otherwise alright. The Shapers are the only ones who have problems with you using canisters.

EDIT2: By the way, has anyone ever gotten the non-canister using Barzite ending?

[ Tuesday, May 09, 2006 20:41: Message edited by: Mr.Bookworm ]

--------------------
Polaris
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Mr.Bookworm:

The worst ending you could get in G2 was the canister-using unaligned ending. Basically, you just die.
Bookworm, please give a spoiler warning before telling people what happens at the end. Also, this is not what happens at the end with a canister using unallied in GF2.
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #7
SPOILER-----------------------------------------------------------------The worst ending you could get in G2 was the canister-using unaligned ending. Basically, you just die.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------SPOILER

EDIT: The Takers and Barzites are both fine and happy to let you do canisters. The Awakened are a little iffy, but otherwise alright. The Shapers are the only ones who have problems with you using canisters.

EDIT2: By the way, has anyone ever gotten the non-canister using Barzite ending?[/QB][/QUOTE]

Spoiler---------------------EDIT3: Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Shapers execute you in the canister-using unaligned ending? That's what I meant by dying.-------------------Spoiler

[ Tuesday, May 09, 2006 20:44: Message edited by: Mr.Bookworm ]

--------------------
Polaris
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #8
Spoilers
//////////
//////////
//////////
//////////
//////////
//////////
//////////
//////////
//////////
//////////
//////////
//////////
//////////

No, in the unallied ending you live the perfect yet lonely life. They give you a job, and head off to destroy everything that remains of the sects. I killed every sect leader except the Awakened, and they approved of that. Even the Loyalist broke shaper laws, so they were fine with you killing them as well.

I'd have to go back and read it again to give exact details, but it's actually the most prosperous of the endings, IIRC.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
I'm pretty sure you do get executed for canister use if you just leave at your earliest opportunity without doing anything, though. (If you didn't use canisters, you get sent off to war and die there, so that isn't much better).

To get the "real" unaligned ending, I believe you have to kill at least the Taker and Barzite leaders. (You may as well scour the whole damned map clear of all life, just to be safe. I know for a fact that doing so gets you the best ending.) Your canister usage has an effect on the unaligned ending, but not a huge one.

[ Tuesday, May 09, 2006 22:35: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 7083
Profile #10
The unaligned ending doesn't have someone telling you that it's time to report back, so chances are that Bookworm jumped off a bit too early. The agent in the loyalist encampment gives some hints about what to do, but doesn't spell it out for you. Going above and beyond that makes for a happier ending (and more satisfying if you reached the conclusion that the island is populated by nutjobs).
Apprentice
Member # 7079
Profile Homepage #11
When you make spoilers, I don't think it should be done how you did it Bookworm. NOTE: The spoilers in this post are NOT!! real spoilers
Better: SPOILER!
Worse SPOILER! Spoiler Text.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

I'm pretty sure you do get executed for canister use if you just leave at your earliest opportunity without doing anything, though. (If you didn't use canisters, you get sent off to war and die there, so that isn't much better).

To get the "real" unaligned ending, I believe you have to kill at least the Taker and Barzite leaders. (You may as well scour the whole damned map clear of all life, just to be safe. I know for a fact that doing so gets you the best ending.) Your canister usage has an effect on the unaligned ending, but not a huge one.

I cannot believe you tried that, seriously. GF2 was the only game which I thought I had gone through all the different endings; however, I don't think I've ever just left without doing anything :rolleyes: .

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #13
Dikiyoba tried it once, just to see what the ending was. Then Dikiyoba reverted back to the saved game and continued where Dikiyoba left off.

Edit: Typo.

[ Monday, May 15, 2006 07:59: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]