GF II: Phariton's Hall

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GF II: Phariton's Hall
Apprentice
Member # 7106
Profile Homepage #0
In Phariton's Hall, the hallway in the middle has a row of doors.

Can you get inside those rooms? How do you do it?

(I already stole all of Phariton's goodies without killing him--I'm aligned with the Awakened--by hasting and unlocking the doorway closest to the exit, leaving the map, and coming back through that now unlocked door. He's a tough sucker to kill!!)

Also, how do you get into the room in Clawbug Canyon?
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #1
quote:

By opening the door of course. :D

--------------------
I hate you all
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
Originally by Alostrael:

quote:
Also, how do you get into the room in Clawbug Canyon?
You have to be allied with the Takers in order to get it open.

Dikiyoba doesn't remember which doors and how to get them open. It might involve allowing the mines in that hallway to go off, if that's even the right spot.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Alostrael:

In Phariton's Hall, the hallway in the middle has a row of doors.

(I already stole all of Phariton's goodies without killing him--I'm aligned with the Awakened--by hasting and unlocking the doorway closest to the exit, leaving the map, and coming back through that now unlocked door. He's a tough sucker to kill!!)

According to Schrodinger's faq (http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/918441.html) the mines in the central passage release creations that attack you. So I am guessing those creations come out of the rooms you are talking about. I do remember something like this and worrying about whether I'd miss any loot in the rooms with creations if I disarm the mines. (I think the answer was "no", but I don't remember exactly.)

[ Saturday, May 06, 2006 23:14: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #4
Yes, those doors open when the mines go off, and monsters emerge. I generally do this to get the extra experience points for the monsters (which is larger than you get for defusing the mines). I seem to remember some minor loot — potions, probably — in one of the rooms, but it was nothing worth worrying about.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #5
Killing Pharithon is easy, use 2 switch (make sure that he is not lookin at you), then use the third when he is closer at the incubator.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Apprentice
Member # 7106
Profile Homepage #6
Cheers for all the quick answers!!

I assumed the monsters came out of the mines, not the doors. *slaps head* Silly me. I already disarmed all those mines, so I guess I don't care about what's inside now.

Onwards to Taker lands!

Btw, I finally finished Avernum 4, and I personally like GF 2 the best out of all of the Spiderweb games. I've played it like 5 times (I don't know if I can stomach playing Avernum again). I like that you can always get all four characters back in Avernum, but I prefer the graphics in GF 2. I also think that the way you arrange your pack in Avernum 4 and GF 3 is really annoying. I prefer GF 2, where you can just automatically click on items and they go right into your pack, instead of click item on ground - move to spot in pack - rearrange junk. Also, I wish that if you have multiples of ANYTHING in your pack that they go into the same spot with a little number (you know, like with potions or herbs), instead of having 4 tunics taking up four separate spots and 5 pairs of boots in five different places. I can't wait for GF 4!!

Thanks for the kind welcome to your board.