Frills

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Frills
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #0
How is a floor designated as a frill? Is there any way to make custom floors a recognized frill for floor x, so that when you hit "Frill Up Terrain" it will be considered a frill for that floor? Or are frills another one of those things that are hard-coded into certain floors and can only be changed by writing over them?

[ Tuesday, February 20, 2007 13:35: Message edited by: Lazarus: ]

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #1
As far as I know frills are hard-coded and you can only change them by replacing the graphic.

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #2
"Hard coded" means hard coded into the open source Editor. Soon you will be able to customize every feature of the Editor, if you have a compiler. (You can get free compilers.) Even the new Niemand editor is open source or will soon be.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #3
I don't really care that much, and even if I did I doubt I could code it myself.

Now that I think about it, one can do frills using the "Change Terrain Randomly" feature. Probably should have thought of that before I made this thread... meh. :P

--------------------

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
The spray cans are also useful for this to some extent.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #5
To respond to the last two posts, I find the most effective technique is to spraycan some random terrain (like stalagmites into a surface town), with an easily-typed number. Then, just use the Change Terrain Randomly feature repeatedly.

For example, when I've worked with custom trees (usually a block around the 430s), I'll spraypaint terrain 400 (a control panel) everywhere, then change it to the different trees bit by bit. (Like if there were 5 tree types, the first change would be 20%, then 25%, then 33%, then 50%, then 100%)

The trick is getting the proportions right, and not accidentally typing the wrong terrain number...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #6
Frills are floors, not terrains. They cannot be spray painted. Or did that get changed in the latest version of the 3D editor?

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #7
Floors can be spray painted in the version I have, the newest version for windows (So without Niemand's modifications) They can also be 'sprayed' using 'Change Terrain Randomly' when you're in floor painting mode.

--------------------