Custom Sounds for PC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Custom Sounds for PC
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #0
If anyone knows how to do this in a simple way that doesn't require, say, including a whole new program file with a scenario download, I'd like to hear it. Otherwise, I may end up asking some PC user out there to make me a whole new program file.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #1
Include a whole new program file.

As far as I can tell by looking at the files in the BoA folder, the sounds would either be in the executable or some generic data file. Either way, to change it would be reverse engineering, and doing so would reduce the chances of that scenario being hosted on SpidWeb drastically. Be a nice thing to add to the wish list, though.

(Just curious: why would it have to be a PC user?)

EDIT: Took a look at the complete title of the thread. You mean Mac users are already capable of including custom sounds?

--------------------
Wow. A post count consisting of a non-zero digit followed by zeroes. I feel like I should commemorate this occurance by creating a completely useless, self-absorbed thread instead of answering someone's question.

[ Monday, July 17, 2006 18:14: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #2
He means he dosnt have a PC so he needs somebody with a PC to do it for him.
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #3
Is it a .dat file or the application itself? I mean, I'm pretty sure it's the application itself-- and if so, is there a way around it? If not, well... I know registration data is in a separate .dat file, so if I add in sounds to the .exe and JV doen't like it... yo, suck me.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

EDIT: Took a look at the complete title of the thread. You mean Mac users are already capable of including custom sounds?
Yes. It's pretty limited and not officially supported, but it's possible to include a few custom sounds in the Mac custom graphics file and use them.

Oh, and for the record, TM does not care whether SW is willing to host his scenarios. He's already had them reject one or two for alleged copyright infringements. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #5
The sounds are within the .exe, the folder's name is "100", and they range from 1 to 174. They are .wav files.

You can either replace an already existing sound or add a sound, though I've forgotten, if adding a sound gets you into trouble.

edit: you could ask Jeff, if he'd tolerate a couple of replaced sounds for a specific scenario. Don't see why he shouldn't.

[ Tuesday, July 18, 2006 19:24: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #6
Dude, he threw Corporeus off of his tables because it had a custom PC graphic.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #7
Notus once said that there is one open slot. So you can add one sound to the whole lot.
See here: Missing Sounds Petition

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version