graphics editing program ?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: graphics editing program ?
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #0
Hey everyone i need an art program that i can use for custom graphics. I know that there is a link hidden away somewhere but Im to lazy to search properly , So i was kinda hoping that someone could supply a link to a program that will support copying parts of graphics as i intend to make a pc graphic thanks in advance goodbye
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #1
A link to what? If you mean an application specifically for making BoA graphics, as far as I know, no such thing exists. If it's just a good general drawing/painting program you're looking for, what OS do you use?

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #2
I somehow doubt you are asking about this, but... if you are talking about what you can use to edit resource forks, then you could try resedit: http://www.mac.org/utilities/resedit/ResEdit_2.1.3.sit.hqx

I think that there are a number of clones, but I know that there are similarily named applications for PC that do nothing of the sort.

If you are talking about image editing programs, like paintshop pro, or MS paint, photoshop, etc, then you are probably better off finding your own. There are about one million image editing programs out there, and everyone's tastes are different.

But here are a couple of Windows programs for image editing/manipulation:
http://www.tucows.com/preview/214261
http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967

Don't know any decent Mac applications, not suprising considering I'm on the Wintel platform.

[ Wednesday, November 30, 2005 02:11: Message edited by: CPeters ]

--------------------
Microsoft Patents Ones, Zeroes (March 25, 1998)
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Niemand:

A link to what? If you mean an application specifically for making BoA graphics, as far as I know, no such thing exists. If it's just a good general drawing/painting program you're looking for, what OS do you use?
no not for just BOA graphics just an image editing program and im on versian 10.4.3.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #4
Try 'The Gimp'. It's free.
The Gimp/Macintosh

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Shock Trooper
Member # 1249
Profile Homepage #5
I'm looking for a free program that could save as .png or .gif files that internet browsers can display, as AppleWorks 6 doesn't seem to do that.

Do you know of any such programs for Mac OS9 or OSX 10.2?

[ Wednesday, November 30, 2005 11:13: Message edited by: Milu ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
Preview (for OS X) definitely will save as different file formats. Go to Export in the File menu.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1249
Profile Homepage #7
OK. I found a way to fix my Appleworks in the meanwhile but thanks anyway, I might need that later.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
GraphicConverter is also worth getting. Apart from being able to open and save pretty much any graphic format under the sun, it has decent editing capabilities -- it's not Photoshop, but it's definitely a step above an average painting program.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #9
I mostly use GraphicConveter myself, but only because a free copy came loaded on my laptop. It is reasonably good and I think that Thuryl's description is quite accurate.

I also use Appleworks a good deal, but I have found that its color palette is subtly different from that of the built in BoA graphics.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"