Name Issue

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Name Issue
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #0
In my town dialog, the character's names won't show up. Instead it just says "townsman" or "official". Also if this could be at all related, any nodes using codes, like giving rewards or opening shops, doesn't work right. I even started a new town and used the dialog straight from a town in VODT, and the dialog worked, but no names. Suggestions???

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #1
Have you actually assigned the names to the characters (in the town script, not the town dialog script), or did you just use the name as the question for the first node? Jeff only recommends doing the latter in order to make scripts easier to read; it has no actual effect as far as I know.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #2
I'm not 100% sure if this is the cause, but did you check the "unique NPC" box?

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Bandwagon Bandwagon Bandwagon:

I'm not 100% sure if this is the cause, but did you check the "unique NPC" box?
This shouldn't have any effect on the name. Are you sure you asigned the name in question field od dialogue? I'm not sure if the name shows up if you haven't put the name in the dialogue script.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
The name in the question field does not matter at all. It's the set_name in the town script that actually sets the name.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

The name in the question field does not matter at all. It's the set_name in the town script that actually sets the name.
Oh yes? I didn't know that. Again something new learened. What actually is the name for? Only for easy recognition for the party, are does it have some deeper meaning.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
It's just a name. It serves pretty much the same purpose as a real person's name: to make the creature a little more special and recognisable. Keep in mind that the name you set with set_name will appear in dialogue, in combat and when looking at the creature.

[ Monday, August 29, 2005 15:20: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!