Custom Item Error

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Custom Item Error
Apprentice
Member # 6245
Profile #0
I just started using the BOA editor.I was doing preety well while using default items etc. But when I tried to create custom items I ran into problems. First of all i tried a few samples. But they bever came up in the editor.
here's one.

begindefineitem 455;
clear;
it_name = "LONGSWORD";
it_full_name = "SWORD OF TRUTH";
it_variety = 1; // 1-handed weapon.
it_damage_per_level = 8;
it_bonus = 5;
it_protection = 2;
it_floor_which_sheet = 1004;
it_floor_which_icon = 0;
it_inventory_icon = 0;
it_icon_adjust = 0;
it_ability_1 = 22; // Blademaster
it_ability_str_1 = 5;
it_ability_2 = 25; // Pathfinder
it_ability_str_2 = 5;
it_ability_3 = 86; // Regenerate. The more str, the more is healed.
it_ability_str_3 = 5;
it_ability_4 = 61; // Affect action points, +[0 to str] each turn
it_ability_str_4 = 4;
it_value = 5000;
it_weight = 20;
it_identified = 1;
it_magic = 1;

The items never show up in the add items menu.
Also i've been trying to create Spellshards,Mind Crystals and The Orb of Thralini.I figured out the Orb but couldn't get the others.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #1
I'm not a star with these things, but as they don't even come up in the editor, I suspect you put it in the wrong file. These item, terrain etc. definitons, should go into the scenario data text file. For example: my scenario FILE is called: "rivers.txt". My scenario DATAFILE is called: "riversdata.txt" (so make a file which has the same name as the scenario text file, but put "data" behind it). Are you sure you made the last file and put the item definitions in it?

if this doesn't work and you did create the file and everything's all right, the editor should give an error, saying what's wrong. I suggest first trying with the data file, and then see if you get errors.

(By the way, are you usinbg a Mac or Windows (it doesn't matter, I'm just curious))

[ Wednesday, August 24, 2005 07:05: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 2796
Profile #2
Hi,
I'm confused! (so what is new) I looked at the G1004 graphic file and "it_floor_which_sheet = 1004;
it_floor_which_icon = 0; " looks to me like a spear or pike.

I would try not using "it_ability_x" and it's associated "str" just to see if the problem is in this area.

Just trying to help.
gcmaxxon

--------------------
quote:
" He loved maps, and in his hall there hung a large one of the
Country Round with all his favourite walks marked on it in red ink."
---The Hobbit
pg21

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
I'm willing to bet that Thralni/Marvin was right. The calls are likely not in the right place.

As far as Mind Crystals, you're going to need a very simple script. Give the item ability 208, and then link to a state that uses the call alter_stat.

This is what I used for the script for a Mind Crystal in Bahssikava (altered slightly to reflect your situation):

reset_dialog();
add_dialog_str(0,"As you stare deep into the Mind Crystal, you start to hear strange, whispering voices in your mind. The words are barely audible, but they seem to be trying to teach you something.",0);
add_dialog_str(1,"You concentrate, and you start to get an impression of what ability the item is trying to teach you.",0);
add_dialog_str(2,"[Name of Ability to Change]",15);
add_dialog_str(3,"[Description of Ability to Change]",15);
add_dialog_str(4,"This crystal can only be used once, so choose carefully whether or not to use it now.",0);
add_dialog_choice(0,"Don't use it yet.");
add_dialog_choice(1,"Use the crystal.");
if (run_dialog(1) == 2)
alter_stat(who_to_alter,which_stat,how_much);
As for spellshards, you'll need to do the same sort of thing, but you'll want 206 (or possibly 219) — and good luck with anything that targets multiple creatures, because that will be virtually impossible.

[ Wednesday, August 24, 2005 10:07: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6245
Profile #4
Thanks you guys were a great help.
By the way I corrected the item graphic. The mind crystal's working fine too. Trying out the spellshard now.

But the items still didn't come in the list. It kept showing Unused. I finally deleted and reinstalled the editor. Everything's fine now.
P.S I'm using a Windows

[ Wednesday, August 24, 2005 23:43: Message edited by: adds ]