Data on Lethal Blow

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Data on Lethal Blow
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #0
How often does Lethal Blow work, and what EXACTLY does it do?

Programming gurus, I'm looking at you... >_<

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #1
I have some intuition about this matter, but as it's just intuition, I won't post it here on this forum.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5362
Profile #2
and yet u just did
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #3
I think there is a percentage chance to triple damage with an attack. I think it is 3% per level of lethal blow. To get lethal blow you have to have 8 points of anatomy and 8 points of blademaster. By the time you get it about 60th level, triple damage will often be thousands of points of damage. Also with multiple attacks at high level 2-3 it is pretty likely it will happen.

Checked this out in the HLPM dragon fight. Did no lethal blow versus dragons with lvl 80 fighter 8 points lethal blow. Did lethal blow versus vengeful shade--
regular hit did 834 damage.
lethal blow did 3620. The higher the level you are against an opposing creature the greater the damage multiple it does. I think it divides your level by the creatures level to determine the damage multiple. For example -- level 80 fighter versus level 20 vengeful shade= 4X damage for lethal blow. I think there is a maximum multiple -- it might be 5 x damage.

I also tried out a fight against some ghouls -- my percentage of hits that were lethal blows went way up. You get a higher chance to land the lethal blow the higher level you are versus a critter.

[ Friday, March 25, 2005 18:51: Message edited by: Toasty Warm ]

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by aliklik:

and yet u just did
He didn't talk about it, he just mentioned it.

[ Tuesday, March 22, 2005 16:54: Message edited by: Millicent, Dear Millicent ]

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
Xerch'de/Rate.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
There might be other places where wz's intuitions may have been discussed in more detail. *cough* *lyceum* *cough* *gasp* *splutter*

Oh my. Nasty cough I have today.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 5362
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Millicent, Dear Millicent:

quote:

and yet u just did
He didn't talk about it, he just mentioned it.

What i meant was that if he had an answer (even intuition), he should have either given it or said nothing. Rather than saying well i think i know but i'm not sure. Actually he could have said that as long as what he thought followed, but it didn't.

[ Tuesday, March 22, 2005 18:33: Message edited by: aliklik ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
There's a reason that he said what he did the way he did. The fact that you don't know it doesn't negate the fact that the reason exists, and others do know it.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5362
Profile #8
If the person asking the question knows it already, then there is no point in alluding to that which is already known. If the person asking the question doesn't know your opinion, then you should state it not just allude to it.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
quote:

If the person asking the question doesn't know your opinion, then you should state it not just allude to it.
Unless, of course, there's some reason why it isn't possible to do so.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #10
Let me put it simply, aliklik: his post informed some of us of something that could not be said in any other way, something we didn't know before and do know now. I think we've skirted the CoC enough and it's time to drop it.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1425
Profile #11
For a singleton the anatomy points needed seem like a waste of SP, though lethal blow is a tempting skill. My question is whether it is worth it for a singleton?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #12
Way to misread the rules, Kel and Thuryl. -_-

The rules say that talking about Hex-Editing is bad- but he in no way talked about the Hex-Editing he used to access this information. The topics "NPC Adjacent Space Bug" or "put_stain bug", however, are virulently inappropriate. For instance, stating that "NPCs are not counted while searching" or "put_stain is bugged" is not illegal, nor is posting data about Lethal Blow. Stating that "you can access this in line yada-yada..." is.

Anyway, thanks again, Arsenic.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #13
Yeah, I figured better safe than sorry.

--------------------