Summoning

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Summoning
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #0
Are the monsters that can be summoned via the built-in spells set to certain monsters or to the monster ID. If I replace the ID, does the summon also change?

Or is it limited to Hostile, Level Specific monsters? If I boosted Arcane Summon high enough, could I summon any creature? Is there a way to exclude certain creatures from being summonable?

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
cr_summon_class (Defaults to -1) - Determines whether a creature can be summoned by summoning spells. If left at -1, no. Otherwise, the higher the number, the more powerful a spell it takes to summon it (5 and above means it is very, very difficult to summon).
(From the docs.)

That is, only creatures specified as summonable can be summoned. If you clear out the entire creature when over-writing it, then it's no longer summonable, but if you just add on things, it still is. You can easily make something not summonable by using the trick to change default things and setting its class to -1.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #2
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Thank you Kelandon.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5415
Profile #3
This is slightly off the topic, maybe, but I was shocked to discover that summonings somehow can grab creatures from another scenario you had open recently. I have one I am working on where I was testing out variations of the basic monsters in, and when I returned to a save file of the KZR scenario and did an Arcane Summons suddenly these monsters I had been working on from my scenario showed up. It was way bizarre.

And, for some odd reason, during some summonings in both Bahs and Backwater, the giants that showed up were missing the top half of the graphic, so the giant legs were running around attacking people. I don't know if both of those scenarios change the settings for that monster so it only uses one graphic instead of the normal two (if so, why???), or if there's some other sort of wonkiness going on.

The reason I bring this up is I'm thinking of trying to make PC summons restricted to certain kinds of monsters in my scenario, but the examples I ran into above imply that even if I come up with a way, weird monsters from other scenarios (or bizarre nightmares like the torso-less giants) might accidentally show up anyway.
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by DreamGuy:

This is slightly off the topic, maybe, but I was shocked to discover that summonings somehow can grab creatures from another scenario you had open recently. I have one I am working on where I was testing out variations of the basic monsters in, and when I returned to a save file of the KZR scenario and did an Arcane Summons suddenly these monsters I had been working on from my scenario showed up. It was way bizarre.

And, for some odd reason, during some summonings in both Bahs and Backwater, the giants that showed up were missing the top half of the graphic, so the giant legs were running around attacking people. I don't know if both of those scenarios change the settings for that monster so it only uses one graphic instead of the normal two (if so, why???), or if there's some other sort of wonkiness going on.

The reason I bring this up is I'm thinking of trying to make PC summons restricted to certain kinds of monsters in my scenario, but the examples I ran into above imply that even if I come up with a way, weird monsters from other scenarios (or bizarre nightmares like the torso-less giants) might accidentally show up anyway.

In the data script, the monster data is wrong. This has nothing to do with custom scenarios. You need to correct the values to get the giant to have a full body.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
Dahak -- are you saying this is a bug in corescendata? Because it happens in the prepackaged scenarios too. I believe it happens when they're summoned with an item, but not when they're summoned with a spell, which suggests an engine bug.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #6
It happens when they are summoned with a spell too.

Edit:
begindefinecreature 135;
clear;
cr_name = "Augmented Giant";
cr_level = 35;
cr_what_stat_adjust 0 = 29;
cr_amount_stat_adjust 0 = 6;
cr_what_stat_adjust 1 = 8;
cr_amount_stat_adjust 1 = 6;
cr_special_abil = 16;
cr_start_item 0 = 2;
cr_start_item_chance 0 = 80;
cr_start_item 1 = 3;
cr_start_item_chance 1 = 80;
cr_start_item 2 = 192;
cr_start_item_chance 2 = 80;
cr_start_item 3 = 204;
cr_start_item_chance 3 = 8;
cr_start_item 4 = 115;
cr_start_item_chance 4 = 5;
cr_start_item 5 = 225;
cr_start_item_chance 5 = 5;
cr_default_attitude = 4;
cr_species = 4;
cr_natural_armor = 10;
cr_which_sheet = 1613;
cr_attack_2 = 6;
cr_attack_3 = 6;
cr_attack_23_type = 4;
cr_immunities 4 = 100;
cr_summon_class = 6;
Notice that cr_which_sheet_upper = 1614; is missing.

This is why it is chopped.

[ Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:42: Message edited by: Dahak ]

--------------------