how to put costum grafics into the editer

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: how to put costum grafics into the editer
Apprentice
Member # 5293
Profile Homepage #0
i need help i cant figure out how toput costum grafics into the editer and um maybe if somone has the time they could tell me ?

--------------------
dragons are strong i am strongerHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/
_ _ _ _ _______________________ _ _ _ _
Warrior
Member # 5159
Profile #1
quote:
Originally written by UR-drakon:

i need help i cant figure out how toput costum grafics into the editer and um maybe if somone has the time they could tell me ?
CORRECTION: I need help. I can't figure out how to put custom graphics in the editor and would appreciate it if someone would take the time to tell me.

First off, please learn to spell better. It disturbs me. Second off, Macintosh or Windows? For a Macintosh you will need to get ResEdit. You will open ResEdit and create a new file named (your scenario name).cmg The .cmg part is important. Then load all of the custom graphics you want, through the copy and paste method, into the .cmg file. They should all be renumbered, to the numbers which lie within the editor's documentation. If you are still confused, read the documentation carefully.

--------------------
"The whoopie cushion shall rise again."
- Anton Szandor LaVey
Founder of the Church of Satan
Warrior
Member # 4492
Profile #2
<YourScenerioFilename>data.txt, thats all I will say for now unless no one else here answers your question.
Apprentice
Member # 5293
Profile Homepage #3
thank you sorry about the spelling ill do better.

--------------------
dragons are strong i am strongerHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/
_ _ _ _ _______________________ _ _ _ _
Warrior
Member # 5343
Profile #4
i would also like to know how to use custom graphics where to you put them, what do you save them as. This is for windows. The other stuff above means nothing to me.

[ Tuesday, January 11, 2005 09:04: Message edited by: Kaos ]

--------------------
Welcome To The Darkslide
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
From the Blades of Avernum docs, Chapter 4.1 - Basics of Custom Graphics:
"Figure out what number your sheet will be. Save your image as a bitmap with file name 'G[number].BMP'. (Example: For sheet 539, save the file at 'G539.BMP').

Copy the bitmap into your scenario folder. You’re done."

You can see examples of this in every scenario released so far, including the ones that came with BoA.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4492
Profile #6
You have to create a custom item/creature/terrain/floor in your <YourScenerioFilename>data.txt for it to actually show up in your editor.

Example:
begindefineterrain 430;
import = 225;
te_name = "Chair";
te_which_sheet = 519;
te_which_icon = 0;
te_ed_which_sheet = 510;
te_ed_which_icon = 0;
te_default_script = "chair";
te_swap_terrain = 225;

te_which_sheet is the number of your custom graphic file in your scenerio folder that starts with G<number>.bmp as described by Kelandon. te_ed_which_sheet is the icon that shows up in your editor bar, only applicable to floors and terrains.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #7
That's only if you actually want to change the picture for an existing item/terrain/whatever, or if you are adding new ones. If though, you just want a pretty picture at the start of your scenario, none of the above is needed.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty