help with zoom

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: help with zoom
Apprentice
Member # 5046
Profile #0
say i'm in editor, in the nw corner of my screen and want to move to the se corner. is there a quicker easier way to do this than scrolling over?

also, when i've zoomed out and located the part of town i want to edit, is there a way to zoom in to that part?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Depends. If you're on a PC, no. If you're on a Mac, you can use the 3D Editor or the BetterEditor to do things like this. The 3D Editor has a way to scroll quickly, but I'm not sure about the BetterEditor — I don't really use it.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5046
Profile #2
better editor? where would i find that? (googling didn't help.) is it mac classic or osx only? i've already downloaded the 3d editor and will try that out tonite.

[ Sunday, October 03, 2004 16:36: Message edited by: yes ]
Warrior
Member # 4987
Profile Homepage #3
If you are a macintosh (mine is OSX so dunno if it will work for you) but when I am in 3D editor (haven't really done any editing but on 3D) hold the shift button and the direction on the keypad that you wish to go, and it will move you a distance, hold control and the direction and it will take you all the way across the current area in the direction that you press.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~eet23/BetterEditor/bettereditor.html

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by yes:

say i'm in editor, in the nw corner of my screen and want to move to the se corner. is there a quicker easier way to do this than scrolling over?
You mean, you're in the northwest corner of the town, and you want to go to the southeast? To do this, press CONTROL-3 (3 on the numeric keypad). Scrolling all the way across the map is a standard feature.

quote:
Originally written by yes:

also, when i've zoomed out and located the part of town i want to edit, is there a way to zoom in to that part?
None that I've ever found, sorry. However that makes me think that I shall implement something in my 3D Editor: OPTION-CLICK on a location to center on that location, in any mode of zoom.

--------------------
Creator of the 3D Blades of Avernum Editor for Mac. Get it at Ingenious Isaac's Illusion, my web page. Better yet, get Battle for Wesnoth, a wonderful free TBS game.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #6
On PC, you can control- (or shift-) click on the corner to get to that part of the screen quickly. But no, no zooming is possible.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Apprentice
Member # 5046
Profile #7
thanks for the tips. no i don't have osx, but the shortcuts should help some.