Louvre Updated

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Louvre Updated
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #0
I hope I have everything submitted to me recently. If you sent me something in the last several weeks and you don't see it, please resubmit. My apologies. Read on if you want to know what's happening.

Two weeks ago my wife broke her ankle, requiring an operation. She's fine, but I'm doing double duty right now, so I'm a little swamped and foggy.

Add to that my father passed away last week. He's in a better place now, and had no hope for ever getting better, so that's a good thing.

Also, my home machine was choking on e-mail, so I switched to PSU's web-based e-mail system, and I'm pretty sure it ate some things. I never use it, but had to to keep up with my real job.

I wanted to let you know this because I'm receiving e-mails telling me I'm lazy and unprofessional in my Louvre updates. These are the reasons why someone might think so.

PS - After several long discussion with Clint Peters, I decided to place his submissions in the Color Edits and Misc. Images Download ZIP file. Clint did some interesting things with BoA graphics, but would never respond to my question - "Are these color edits, yes or no?" They look like color edits to me, so that's why I placed them where I did. My apologies to Clint if I've misrepresented him in any way. Given my mental fog of late, I just couldn't understand his paragraphs-long explanation of what he did with these graphics.

--------------------
All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Posts: 653 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #1
I'm sorry to hear of your misfortunes. I wish you luck.

Don't worry about people who complain about how slow you might be; you are providing a voluntary service, after all.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #2
Whoa... I offer my deepest condolences.

Yeah, don't pay any attention to the complaining from those people. The Louvre is simply awesome. I love the new stuff.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #3
I am sorry for your bad karma and hope, the times change soon for you.

Nevertheless I dare to bother you (or somebody else, who could give me a hint) with a silly question about graphics formation. In Louvre you write that gif is preferred. When I change my jpgs to gifs, a lot of colours are spoiled. So I sent the graphics as jpgs. What are you doing with jpgs?
Is there a special trick to transfer a jpg into gif without loss? I work with Photoshop. Any advice is appreciated.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
The bottom line is that you shouldn't be saving the graphics as jpegs in the first place -- it causes information to be lost unrecoverably, often blurring the image. Make them in a lossless format to start with, like GIF or PNG.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

I am sorry for your bad karma and hope, the times change soon for you.

Nevertheless I dare to bother you (or somebody else, who could give me a hint) with a silly question about graphics formation. In Louvre you write that gif is preferred. When I change my jpgs to gifs, a lot of colours are spoiled. So I sent the graphics as jpgs. What are you doing with jpgs?
Is there a special trick to transfer a jpg into gif without loss? I work with Photoshop. Any advice is appreciated.

I will post jpgs, but as mentioned above, unless you save the jpg with no loss (100%) people will probably have some problems using them. Many graphic programs do allow you to set the level of compression on the jpg - if you have such a program, crank it up to 100%, which means no compression or loss.

--------------------

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #6
Ok, thank you. Then I'll repaint my graphics <sigh> and send them again as gifs. And I follow Thuryl's advice for new graphics.

edit: Maybe it would be useful to mention in Louvre "you shouldn't be saving the graphics as jpegs in the first place". For stupid noobs as me.

[ Monday, October 04, 2004 09:38: Message edited by: spy.there ]

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Warrior
Member # 4778
Profile Homepage #7
SiM I have a problem. Since you posted this thread, I can't see the new graphics. When I sort them "date" and "descending" there should be the newest ones on top of the list. And there I find my Pudding. I know there were some Nephils last week and there should be new ones now, but they aren't there. 272 graphics it says. :(

--------------------
www.bigblue.de.gg BoA graphics and more
Warrior
Member # 4987
Profile Homepage #8
I have run into the same difficulty. The entire "Updated" thing has confused me, before there were 281 graphics, now there are 272, (crappy ones might have been removed or coloredits might have been moved) but I still see no real change. I would have figured that there would be enough new graphics by now that a significant change would be obvious. (not sure how long you were inactive though)
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #9
Like I said, if something's missing, please resubmit.

Most "new" things are in the Color edit & misc. file download.

--------------------