Requests for BoA Scenario Format 3

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Requests for BoA Scenario Format 3
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #0
Okay, so we've brainstormed a list of calls that we'd like to see added to BoA for the next scenario format, assuming that such a thing happens. The list is rather long, so it seems like we should pare it down a bit before we submit a finalized list of realistic calls to Jeff.

Some basic rules for prioritizing:
1. The new calls should be simple to implement but add powerful functionality. As an example, I think the missile animation call would be great because it hardly requires programming anything new: it would be very similar to the Animation and SFX Calls already in existence, and it uses animations that BoA already has.
2. Our top priority should be to make things possible that aren't possible now. Calls to make certain things easier to implement would be fine if we expected to get all of our ideas into a new scenario format, but we won't. Anything that can already be done or simulated is a low priority.
3. Everything needs to be backwards-compatible with older scenario formats, so no one has to go back and reprogram VoDT so that it works with BoA v1.2. We can still change existing calls -- and in fact, since these don't require a new scenario format, these suggestions are the most likely to be implemented -- but the suggestions need to be like the suggestion for add_item_to_shop: they can't change the effects of any code that's already written.
4. For the most part, we are now prioritizing, not brainstorming. Keep new call suggestions to a minimum, although they are still acceptable at this point.

I have preserved the old numbering system (even though, by deletions and moving, it doesn't quite make sense anymore) so that one can still follow our old discussion. We have discussed using the following terminology:

Top Priority: these calls would be tremendously useful and easy to implement. If Jeff does nothing else, we hope that these get put in. Top Priority calls are marked with a TP.
Would Be Nice: we'd like to see these, but they are not Top Priority. Maybe they'd be so complicated to implement that we doubt that Jeff will actually take the time to do so. Maybe they would only be useful in very specific situations, so that they're not as powerful as we would like. They'd still be useful, but we're not pushing them nearly as much. Would Be Nice calls are marked with a WBN.
Not Likely: we have serious doubts that these will make the cut for the new version. We may not even send these in to Jeff once we're done prioritizing. Not Likely calls are marked with an NL.

THE LIST OF CALLS

Advanced Dialog Box Calls

**** OUR #1 TOP PRIORITY ****
1.1 void add_dialog_pic(short which_pic) - Puts a dialog picture in the upper-left corner of the dialog.

Animation and SFX Functions

TP* 2.1 void put_missile_animation(short source_x,short source_y,short dest_x,short dest_y,short which_sfx) - Missile animations.

2.2 SFX calls to work in the outdoors (or at least the ones that put an SFX on a space -- putting them on characters could be somewhat odd).

Terrain Script and Creature Calls

TP* 3.1 short get_creature_memory_cell(short which_char,short which_cell) - Returns the value of memory cell which_cell of creature which_char.

TP* 3.2 short get_terrain_memory_cell(short which_script,short which_cell) - Returns the value of memory cell which_cell of terrain script which_script.

3.3 cast_spell(mage_or_priest, which_spell, spell_level, is_forced) - For creature AI scripts only. Causes the creature to cast spell which_spell at spell_level depending on mage_or_priest regardless of mage or priest spell ability. If is_forced is 0, the spell is only cast if the creature has enough spell points, otherwise the spell is always cast.

3.4 void revive(short pcent_or_amt, short amount) - where if pcent_or_amt is 0, then amount determines the percent of HP the character is revived at, and if pcent_or_amt is 1, then amount determines the number of hit points the character is revived at. It would be used in a creature's death_state. I want this so that creatures can be killed but still not-totally-die. (This would simulate Lifesaver amulets on monsters.)

Shop Calls (a new category)

4.1 short shop_item_quantity(short which_shop,short which_item) - Returns the quantity of which_item still left in the shop that can be bought with enough gold, 0 if the item is not there.

TP* 4.2 void add_item_to_shop() - Allow negative values for modifying shops.

4.5 void shop_selling_options(short which_shop,short selective_sell_category,short cant_sell_this_category,short can_resell) - Changes whether or not a shop will purchase certain kinds of goods, like in Exile. selective_sell_category is the variety of the item that is affected. The varieties are exactly the same as they are in the custom item scripts (like 1-handed,pants,ring,etc...). If cant_sell_this_category is 0, a shop may purchase items of the defined variety from the player. If 1, not. If can_resell is 0, the shop won't list the bought item back on its inventory for sale. This means that a shop can buy an item, but not resell it. All of the varieties default to being sellable by the player when possible, and can be resold by the merchant.

The Passage of Time Calls

5.1 void calculate_ticks_forward(short num_ticks) - Makes the game calculate num_ticks forward, and of course will act upon these calculations.

5.2 void set_day(which_day) - Changes the day to which_day.

TP* 5.3 void set_year(which_year) - Changes the year of the scenario to year which_year.

5.5 void set_daylight(short how_much_light - I assume that the engine has 'levels' of daylight as the day progresses to determine how much to darken terrain and such. This call sets the amount of daylight to how_much_light.

5.6 short get_daylight() - Returns the current level or amount of daylight.

5.7 void stop_daylight_progress(short stop) - Starts or stops the progression of daylight throughout the scenario. If stop is 1, then the daylight will stay the exact same as it is when this call is used. Daylight will change if stop is 0.

Advanced Item Management Calls

6.1 void identify_item(int item_type) - Identifies all items of item_type currently in the party's possession.

6.2 void identify_item_with_class(int item_special_class) - Identifies all items with item_special_class in the party's possession.

6.3 void identify_item(short which_char_or_group,short which_slot) - Identifies the item on which_slot of which_char. which_slot of -1 implies all items on that specific character or group becomes identified. Should probably only be used on party members.

6.4 short item_loc_x(short which_item) - Returns the x of the location of item which_item. which_item refers to the items ID in the scenario editor. If the item has either been picked up or non-existent, call returns -1.

6.5 short item_loc_y(short which_item) - Returns the y of the location of item which_item. which_item refers to the items ID in the scenario editor. If the item has either been picked up or non-existent, call returns -1.

6.6 short item_on_spot(short loc_x,short loc_y,short which_item) - Returns 1 if there is an item of type which_item on location {loc_x,loc_y}.

6.7 short take_item_on_spot(short loc_x,short loc_y,short which_item) - Returns 1 if there is an item of type which_item on town space {loc_x,loc_y}, 0 otherwise. If there was an item of that type on the spot, destroys one of it (or, if item has charges, takes 1 charge). If which_item is -1, destroys all items on the spot and returns 1 if an item is destroyed.

Basic Character Calls

7.1 void set_char_presence_status(short which_char,short which_status) - Sets the status checked in char_status (whether the character is dead, not present, etc), as opposed to the status checked in get_char_status (whether the character is blessed, hasted, etc) which is already settable.

7.2 short char_weight(short which_char) - Returns the weight of the character which_char.

TP* 7.3 get_immunity(short which_char, short immunity_type) - Returns a value from 0 to 100 depending on the assigned immunity value.

TP* 7.4 set_immunity(short which_char, short immunity_type, value) - Sets a value from 0 to 100 to the immunity_type.

TP* 7.9 void deduct_ap_from(short which_char, short how_much) - Counterpart to deduct_ap(), but you can affect other character's ap. Probably more useful in terrain scripts and custom abilities. The affected character's ap is reduced by how_much, which can be negative to add ap.

Town Calls

TP* 8.1 void change_lighting(which_type) - Allows us to make the dungeon totally dark, fully lit, etc.

TP* 8.2 void add_light(what_amount) - Gives ability to change the light level (as from torches or Light spells). Can be negative.

TP* 8.3 short get_light(), returns the current light level (number of turns of light the party has left).

TP* 8.4 void set_up_lights() - Has the game refresh the lighting of a dungeon.

8.5 void put_party_outdoors(short what_section_x,short what_section_y,short loc_in_sector_x, short loc_in_sector_y) - Puts the party outdoors. It can only be used in a town script.

Grouping Calls

9.1 short group_member(short which_group,short which_member) - Returns the creature number that is in the which_member slot of which_group. So if which_member was 1 and which_group was 2, the call would return the first creature in group 2.

Basic Script and IO Calls

10.1 short request_target(short is_forced,short causes_hostility) - Returns the number of a visible creature of the player's choice (like targeting a spell or a wand). If is_forced is 1, then the party must make a choice if there are any creatures in sight. Otherwise, they are allowed to cancel out of it. If a choice is not made for either reason, returns -1. If causes_hostility is 1, then the player will warned about targeting friendly creatures, and if they do, the town becomes hostile. Otherwise, it's just fine to target friendly or hostile creatures. Cannot be used outdoors.

10.2 run_imported_state(file_name, state_number)
run_imported_state_continue(file_name, state_number) - Runs state state_number out of file file_name. The former call ends the current call whereas the latter finishes the given call. See set_state() and set_state_continue.

10.3 short request_crime() - calls the special, center-screen dialog, and would return a 1 if the character goes through with the action. This would fix a problem described here.

Terrain Checking and Modification

TP* 11.1 short space_blocked(short loc x, short loc y) - Returns 1 if the space is blocked and 0 otherwise. This does check if the floor or terrain type is blocked (fl_blocked = 1 or te_full_move_block = 1), as well as if the floor was made blocked in the editor.

Data storage and Manipulation (a new category)

TP* 12.1 vector v1(n) - Placed in the variables section. Creates a vector array of size (1xn).

12.2 matrix m1(m,n) - Placed in the variables section. Creates a matrix array of size (mxn) to store data. If full matrices are too much, vectors would be fine.

TP* 12.3 v1(i) - Returns the ith component of vector v1.

12.4 m1(i,j) - Returns the i,jth component of matrix m1.

Location and Distance Calls

13.1 short check_path_between_locs(short loc_x1, short loc_y1, short loc_x2, short loc_y2) - Has the pathing engine calculate whether or not a character at location {loc_x1,loc_y1} could reach location {loc_x2,loc_y2}. Returns 1 if a path is found, 0 if there is definitely no path, -1 if there was no path found because the pathing engine stopped before exhausting all possible nodes.

14.1 short waypoint_x(short which_wayp) - Returns the x coordinate of waypoint which_wayp.

14.2 short waypoint_y(short which_wayp) - Returns the y coordinate of waypoint which_wayp.

Improved Spellcasting Calls (related to Terrain Script and Creature Calls)

15.1 cr_spell_lib(file_name)
import_spell_lib(file_name) - Placed either in scenario data script for the former and in the INIT_STATE of creature script for the latter. Gives a range or library of acceptable spells to be cast which is stored in a text file like a script. If call is not given, defaults to some default spell library. Use of this call in a creature script clears the current creature's spell library.

15.2 add_spell_to_lib(mage_or_priest, which_spell, spell_level, spell_frequency) - Adds spell (mage spell for mage_or_priest = 0, priest spell for mage_or_priest = 1) which_spell at spell level spell_level to the library text file. Monster casts the spell seldomly for spell_frequency = 0, uncommonly for spell_frequency = 1, and commomly otherwise.

Additional Non-Call Requests

16.1 The ability to customize outdoor wall sheets- type, height, etc (everything that one can do with town wall sheets).

16.2 Joined NPCs to use creature scripts. Right now they appear to follow a completely default AI.

16.3 Custom scenario icons.

16.4 Variables to STAY after reloading. Right now reloading in the outdoors (among other things) appears to screw them up.

We'd also like fixes to the bugs described here, as well as the others that have been sent in already.

[ Sunday, September 19, 2004 08:55: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4590
Profile #1
Why does it have to be backwards compatable? Why not just have something you can add in the begining of the script like:
use_format_1;
use_format_2;

It seems like this might be a nice way to impliment commands that would otherwise break compatability.

--------------------
I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.
- George Bernard Shaw
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Because I suspect the possibility of Jeff implementing something like that is even smaller than the possibility of him implementing our easiest suggestions.

Am I off-base here? Other opinions?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #3
Might be out of place, but I feel as if it is necessary to voice out these problems since he will have to patch the game along with the new scenario format:

EDIT:
Spiderweb's mentality towards new formats has emphasis on backwards compatibility because otherwise every different version of the same call would have to be redefined in the compiler several times. Jeff also never meant the system to load different schemas, though it would certainly be nice. Rather than do it in a script, I think it would be best to add the format version in the .bas itself.

Or, we, the community, as a whole could devise a way to automate the necessary changes with every new format version.

I doubt the matrices will make it, but the vectors/arrays, maybe.

I think it would be easier for the shop things to just have Jeff implement whatever he did in Geneforge.

Shorten set_char_presence_status() to set_char_presence().

How exactly will the request_target() call work?

Allow a creature's target to be a friendly. Not quite sure how it will work, but it would be much better for scripted scenes or battles.

NPCs should be affected by terrain and floor effects.

I propose that the agreed upon rating for each suggestion be placed before the asterisk that already precedes each one. For example:

TP* suggestion
WBN* suggestion
NL* suggestion

The rating names are a little odd, but I don't really care.

Dialogue Scripts should use the variables of the containing town script.

Should variables be disallowed in the run_imported_script() calls? How will they be handled?

[ Thursday, August 19, 2004 16:58: Message edited by: Garrison ]

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #4
Don't post tl, dr.

[ Thursday, August 19, 2004 14:55: Message edited by: Garrison ]

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
====
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #5
Kel -- Think you could give everything a numbering system? For instance 1.0, 1.1, etc. for the first category, 2.n for the second and so on down the list. It would make things easier to talk about and vote on.

Should variables be disallowed in the run_imported_script() calls? How will they be handled?

I've always assumed this would be like call_global_state().

[ Thursday, August 19, 2004 16:23: Message edited by: *i ]

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #6
I obviously feel that the Dialog Box is by far the most important thing. Everything else is nice, but I could do without it. No Dialog Box option really diminishes my desire to design for BoA.

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #7
run_town_script() and run_scenario_script() work because the variables are guaranteed to be in memory, but what about the other ones? How could script 1 call script 2 state 4 and expect the variables that are tied to script 2 to work?

--------------------
====
====
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
Numbering system in place now.

Could someone explain to me (because I don't knw any programming whatsoever outside of Avernumscript) what matrices and vectors can do that SDFs can't?

My thought was that request_target would work exactly like targeting a spell or wand. It would just return the number of the target selected, which could be hostile, friendly, neutral, whatever.

I wanted set_char_presence_status to look an awful lot like char_status, because char_status checks the value that set_char_presence_status would set. That's why (unless more people object) it stays as is. Besides, Jeff will come up with the final names anyway, assuming he even implements any of this.

TP suggestions: 1.1, 2.1, 4.1, 4.2, 5.3, 7.9, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 10.1, 11.1.

--------------------

The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #9
Matrices and vectors allow you to create a temporary, variable, and convenient ordered data structure. The problem I am having is that I want to store a variable number of components in creature scripts. Regular variables will not work unless I define a lot of them to ensure I don't run out under any situation. Here are some advantages:

* Of an arbitrary size (only 30 for SDFs) assuming Jeff doesn't program stupidly.
* Are created as a temporary file specific to a script and does not require reserving large numbers of flags.
* When you have them in different, it would be hard to keep track using flags and you need to be careful not to overwrite and spill over.
* Vectors and matrices should be able to store integers instead of just values 0 to 255.

Okay, I admit there are ways to do this with flags, but I'm having a hard time trying to organize it and I suspect other players will as well.

--------------------
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #10
* Of an arbitrary size (only 30 for SDFs) assuming Jeff doesn't program stupidly.
I'm skeptical, considering the arbitrary limit on string length. (If Jeff ever reads this: Was it that you only allocated a 256-byte buffer for each token? Thus 254 + 2 quotes = 256 bytes? If so, have you ever heard of malloc, realloc, and calloc?)

Vectors are a great idea, although matrixes are unnecessary with nested vectors/arrays.

a = [[1, 2], [3, 4], [5, 6]]
a[0][1] ---> 2

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
If we get these things, I would also like a much more solid variables system. Right now variables get messed up when reloading in the outdoors. I want variables to STAY, just like SDFs.

[ Thursday, August 19, 2004 19:44: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #12
Maybe a 'static' keyword preceding the variable declaration would make it be remembered like an SDF. I feel that memory cells should be remembered unconditionally. Example:
static short tick_counter;

Maybe if all the strings that can change sizes later could be appended onto the end of the memory stack so it has a lot of space to expand.

Given that the vectors and such are currently being suggested as a construct managed through calls, nested vectors would require a syntax change.

short array[10][2];
as opposed to the more javascriptish alternative.

But if it must be done through calls, it should be noted that you need to be able to accomplish 3 things: Declare and define the the vector in the variables section, get the value of an element, and set the value of an element.

Yet... Screw it for now, it is late and I should probably delve a little more into my little programming book before I say something stupid.

Oh yes, and am I right in assuming that request_target() would activate a targeting mode where the little letters appear above the correct monsters, and you get to choose a single target, the number of which is returned by the call?

[ Thursday, August 19, 2004 21:29: Message edited by: Garrison ]

--------------------
====
====
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

If we get these things, I would also like a much more solid variables system. Right now variables get messed up when reloading in the outdoors. I want variables to STAY, just like SDFs.
How about no?
If you want a variable to remain permanent, use SDFs. You have, god, over one thousand of them.

For me, what I'd absolutely LOVE to see...

* Dialog boxes.
* Pathing.
* Getting/setting memory cells.
* Getting/setting time calls.
* Getting/setting daylight/nighttime calls.
* Getting/setting immunity calls. (Make the work easier for all of us- and hell, make Area-of-Effect spells possible with something resembling decent AI! Oh lord, have I got ideas for THIS...)
* Deducting AP, even though I'm not sure how this would work- would the character's turn thereafter somehow be compromised?
(Am I the only one who is seriously pissed that JV did flat-out nothing with his new day/night innovation for A3?)
* Vectors. Damn, it can't be THAT hard, can it?
* Is Space Blocked? calls would be lovely. But really, can't we split the floor+terrain and blocked to NPCs into separate calls?

Also, Kel, shame on you! Where are Stareye's spell libraries? I'd LOVE to have them. Put them up on the list, post-haste. A concrete, mid-combat way of changing strategies could make things incredibly interesting.

A few more ideas:

short is_valid_target(short from_who, short whom, short good_or_bad);
Where from_who is the person being compared to the target, whom is the target, and good_or_bad is the type of hypothetical ability being tossed about. This would only be of good use in creature scripts, but it still deserves mention.

Targetable items that call scripts- even scripts that help the creature- say if you want to anger the town or not by doing this. And then, even if you use a damaging item on the character, the character stays friendly to you. The latter can (obviously) be worked around, but the former is more difficult. Why not get rid of the default prompt as to whether the player wants to attack a friendly creature have this in its stead:

short request_crime();

It would call the special, center-screen dialog, and would return a 1 if the character goes through with the action. This also requires getting rid of the prompt on useable items, but still...

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #14
Request target would, yet again, work exactly like targeting a spell or wand, so yes.

Why would variables staying at the last value that you set them be bad? This seems strange to me. I just want reloading a game not to have any effect.

Also, SDFs are not a perfect substitute. Variables can go much higher and lower than SDFs. The range on variable values is vastly greater. One cannot keep track of time with a single SDF, which is annoying.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #15
Just a guess, but variables consume memory. The SDFs are limited to lower the memory requirements.

If the variables were to persist, then they would require larger (is there a limit to # of variables per script?) amounts of memory. If there was no limit, then you could reallllllllly big files, and a lot of RAM would be tied up.

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #16
You can replace any variable with 2 SDFs. To define the variable:

while(damage >= 255){
inc_flag(1,1,1);
damage = damage - 255;
}
set_flag(2,1,damage);

To re-use the variable:

damage = 0;
while(get_flag(1,1) >= 1){
inc_flag(1,1,-1);
damage = damage + 255;
}
damage = damage + get_flag(2,1);

Voila! Variables now become permanent at the cost of two SDFs. Three, I suppose, if you want to be able to keep track of negative values. (That is, set (3,1) to 1 if damage is negative, and multiply damage by -1 if 3,1 is 1.)

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #17
Yes, yes a matrix of base 256 numbers. But that isn't very easy. I can understand how increasing the SDFs from an unsigned byte to a signed short can increase the memory usage, but it is only 9000 bytes! Thats not even 10 Kb, and he could seriously use some compression on things like that.

There can only be 20 variables per script. Definitely would like that limit to be lifted, but I don't carry much weight in this argument.

I can't really reasonably suggest what the priorities, so I think I will make a list of likely ones.

Likely:

--------------------
====
====
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #18
Personally, I'd like an unlimited *number* of variables.

Because as it's going, I'm going to flat-out run out of them for my Area of Effect custom AI script.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #19
Only 20! Gah. TM is right, you quickly run out. I had planned to create a squad script (I hadn't actually typed/tested it, only outlined) for a 5 man squad. It used a large number of variables... I guess I'll have to redesign.

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Request target would, yet again, work exactly like targeting a spell or wand
So the player has the choice to press Escape and not choose a target? And it asks whether you want to make the town hostile if you target a friendly creature?

How about
short request_target(short is_forced,short causes_hostility)

If both of those were true, you might be forced to target a friendly creature and make the town hostile. Which could be part of an interesting plot... However there's also the possibility that there are no creatures in sight of the party.

Description: Returns the number of a visible creature of the player's choice (like targeting a spell or a wand). If is_forced is 1, then the party must make a choice if there are any creatures in sight. Otherwise, they are allowed to cancel out of it. If a choice is not made for either reason, returns -1. If causes_hostility is 1, then the player will warned about targeting friendly creatures, and if they do, the town becomes hostile. Otherwise, it's just fine to target friendly or hostile creatures. Cannot be used outdoors.

Note that even though it doesn't return whether the town became hostile, you can check its status before and after to figure that out.

--------------------
Creator of the 3D Blades of Avernum Editor for Mac. Get it at Ingenious Isaac's Illusion, my web page. Better yet, get Battle for Wesnoth, a wonderful free TBS game.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #21
Here is my list:

1.1 - TP+ (if nothing else, this one)
2.1 - TP
3.1 - WBN
3.2 - WBN
3.3 - NL
4.1 - WBN
4.2 - TP
4.3 - NL
4.4 - NL
4.5 - WBN
5.1 - WBN
5.2 - WBN
5.3 - TP
5.4 - NL
5.5 - WBN
5.6 - WBN
5.7 - WBN
6.1 - WBN
6.2 - WBN
6.3 - WBN
6.4 - WBN
6.5 - WBN
7.1 - TP
7.2 - WBN
7.3 - TP
7.4 - TP
7.5 - NL
7.6 - NL
7.7 - NL
7.8 - NL
7.9 - WBN
8.1 - TP
8.2 - TP
8.3 - TP
8.4 - WBN
8.5 - WBN
9.1 - WBN
10.1 - NL
10.2 - TP
11.1 - TP
12.1 - TP
12.2 - WBN
12.3 - TP
12.4 - WBN
13.1 - NL
14.1 - WBN
14.2 - WBN

Also, having varibles preserved after reloading would be very, very nice and save a lot of trouble.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #22
What do you mean with "Dialog Box"? Doesn't BoA has a dialogue system?

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #23
Okay, when you display a ood amount of text on the screen and are often offered choices, that is considered a dialogue box. Right now, it is impossible to put an image to go along with it.

Play the old Exile games and you should notice a picture of a Slime by the text or something. We're really asking for this nice feature back.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #24
You mean the NPC's portrait? That can be done in BoA.

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9

Pages