DIALOGUE PROBLEM

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: DIALOGUE PROBLEM
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
Guys,

I have this dialogue problem, and it keeps on repeating itself. Whenever I try to talk to any of the characters in my towns, only the first one works. In my first town, where they're ALL meant to say something, however short, I just get their name.

If I try talking to SLITH AVATAR, all I get is the name. SLITH AVATAR, and the Ok button. Here, see for yourself... :( :( :(

IMAGE(http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Micael%20456/FORUMSPIDWEB/dialogueproblem1.jpg)

Anyone know why this is happening? :confused:

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #1
Post the script.

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #2
If you say so. This is the second time I've done this this week. I totally re-did the script after last time - and it's still doing this!!! :(

begintalkscript;

variables;

body;

begintalknode 1;
state = -1;
nextstate = 2;
question = "Thasir";
text1 = "You look ahead of you at a wizard, dressed in tattered robes. He looks slightly releived that you have come.";

begintalknode 2;
state = 2;
nextstate = 3;
question = "_What is your name?_";
text1 = "The Wizard looks at you carefully. After a while he replies. _Name? Names mean nothing here. Only death. I am Thasir, Empire Wizard._";

begintalknode 3;
state = 3;
nextstate = -1;
question = "_What do you mean?_";
text1 = "_You'll find out soon enough._";

begintalknode 4;
state = 2;
nextstate = 4;
question = "_What is going on here?_";
text1 = "_What's going on here? It's a plague of undead. The things are relentless - and what does the Empire send - worthless good-for-nothing adventurers like you!_";

begintalknode 5;
state = 4;
nextstate = 6;
question = "_We are loyal servants of the Empress. You should be more civil!_";
text1 = "The Wizard doesn't look impressed. _Are you now? Well, so am I, even though I don't like what the Empire has done out here - nothing!_";

begintalknode 6;
state = 4;
nextstate = 5;
question = "_We are from Valorim, from Avernum. We don't care anything about the Empress!_";
text1 = "The Wizard looks at you in interest. _Are you now. Well, good for you. I nearly got sent down there, for 'Talking against the Empire'. It was really because I picked sides with a young mage named Erika. And she lost._";

begintalknode 7;
state = 5;
nextstate = 7;
question = "_Erika - The Old Archmage?_";
text1 = "_Archmage? Her? Well, I suppose she had power, but I never dreamed she would make archmage. Hang on - OLD Archmage?_";

begintalknode 8;
state = 7;
nextstate = 6;
question = "_She died, Rhentar Ihnro of the Vhanatai killed her, cheated in a fight._";
text1 = "The Wizard sheds a silent tear. _I am sorry to hear that. It must have been a terrible loss for Avernum._";

begintalknode 9;
state = 6;
nextstate = 8;
question = "_Could you tell us more about the undead?_";
text1 = "_Ofcourse, no need to waste time talking about who we support. I should tell you about what the situation is._";

begintalknode 10;
state = 8;
nextstate = 12;
question = "_What is the current situation?_";
text1 = "_There used to be a small farming village near here. When the hordes of undead attacked we were forced to flee to the caves. Slowly the vermin have taken most of the others, so that only I and a few remain._";

begintalknode 11;
state = 9;
nextstate = 13;
question = "_How do we get there?_";
text1 = "To get to the Magical town you have to travel through the valley, which is overrun by undead. They get more powerful as you go along._";

begintalknode 16;
state = 13;
nextstate = 10;
question = "_Go on..._";
text1 = "_There are cliffs at the other sides of the valley, so it is the only way in or out, other than boats. The undead have placed many walls and such in your way, and they have built two towers in the valley, one halfway through, and the other near the end._";

begintalknode 12;
state = 9;
nextstate = 11;
question = "_Why do we need to get help?_";
text1 = "The wizard looks exasperated. _What did the advertisement for this problem say? Almost definetely get killed by undead, no turning back?_";

begintalknode 13;
state = 11;
nextstate = 10;
question = "_No, not really._";
text1 = "_My point exactly. The Empire doesn't know we're trapped here. Nor does Avernum, especially since the cave in cut us off from Upper Avernum. You need to tell them our predicament. No-one else can._";

begintalknode 14;
state = 10;
nextstate = 14;
question = "_What do I do?_";
text1 = "_You must travel hundreds of miles to the end of this valley, on and on and on. There will be many enemies in your path, and it probably won't be safe to rest often._";
code = toggle_quest(1,1);

begintalknode 15;
state = 12;
nextstate = 15;
question = "_Go on..._";
text1 = "_There is a portal here, that we sent for aid with when the first few skeletons attacked, but it is useless now._ He spits on the ground. _The only way out of the valley is through a portal at the other end, in a magical town construct._";

begintalknode 17;
state = 14;
nextstate = -1;
question = "_Many enemies?_";
text1 = "_Yes, many enemies! Now if you'll let me continue. You must fight on the go, and pray that you live. Because if you don't, this plague will soon spread out from this valley, and attack the Empire itself!_";

begintalknode 18;
state = 15;
nextstate = 9;
question = "_Magical town construct?_";
text1 = "_Yes, one of the Magical made towns. The Empire, or Avernum, capture the souls of an entire town, and then they position in places to help adventurers and lost people. You need to go there and ask the Empire to help us._";

begintalknode 19;
state = -1;
nextstate = 20;
question = "Brigand";
text1 = "You see a tall brigand, scars covering his body. He looks at you, and speaks. _Whatta you want?_";

begintalknode 20;
state = 20;
nextstate = 21;
question = "_Why are you here? Aren't you a brigand?_";
text1= "_I was._ The brigand pulls out a pipe and sucks on it. _Then those damned undead started attacking. Killed most o' me mates, and I had to run here._";

begintalknode 21;
state = 21;
nextstate = -1;
question = "_We're sorry about your mates, but we need to know what's going on around here._";
text1 = "The brigand spits at you. _Sorry?_ he laughs mirthlessly. _I don't give a damn if you're sorry. And you wanna know what's going on around here? Talk to the wizard, or the Slith!_ He spits at you again, and turns his back.";

begintalknode 22;
state = -1;
nextstate = 23;
question = "Ssscccchhhhaahaah";
text1 = "You find yourselves face to face with a legendary Slith Avatar. You draw your blades, uncertain of her loyalties. She just stares at you, unblinking.";

begintalknode 23;
state = 23;
nextstate = 24;
question = "Sheath your blades.";
text1 = "You sheath your blades and watch the Avatar closely. They have a nasty reputation. _I will not harm you._ she says, smiling.";

begintalknode 24;
state = 24;
nextstate = 25;
question = "_Why should we trust you?_";
text1 = "She smiles again. _Why should you not? I mean you no harm. I only wish to talk, and maybe help._";

begintalknode 25;
state = 25;
nextstate = 26;
question = "_How can you help us?_";
text1 = "_I have seen many things. But most importantly, I know what lies ahead of you, if you take this quest, and I also know who created this plague. Are those not useful things?_";

begintalknode 26;
state = 26;
nextstate = 28;
question = "_What lies ahead of us?_";
text1 = "_Undead. For roughly the first half of your journey there will be minor undead, like skeletons and zombies. After that..._";

begintalknode 27;
state = 26;
nextstate = 29;
question = "_Who has made this plague?_";
text1 = "_I know not their name, but they are a race filled with powerful magic. They also have dangerous weapons. They are thin, with spindly arms and legs, but their appearance is deceiving._";

begintalknode 28;
state = 28;
nextstate = 30;
question = "_After that?_";
text1 = "_After that you get to the more dangerous ones. Liches and Vampire, and also alien undead. Undead of a weird race. Be wary of those. Some can cast spells, and others are fearsome warriors._";

begintalknode 29;
state = 29;
nextstate = -1;
question = "_Vahnatai?_";
text1 = "_Perhaps - as I said, I do not know their names, only that their leader has built two towers, and she visits them regularly._";

begintalknode 30;
state = 30;
nextstate = -1;
question = "_How fearsome?_";
text1 = "_Very dangerous. They carry waved blades, which cut smoothly into the flesh, and the mages cast medium strength spells. But they never go in groups of less than 10, so they swamp you with numbers._ She looks around. _I must leave you now. Goodbye_";

begintalknode 31;
state = -1;
nextstate = 32;
question = "Harry the Woodcutter";
text1 = "You come face to face with one of the valley's woodcutters. He looks at you with something akin to reverence.";

begintalknode 32;
state = 32;
nextstate = -1;
question = "_What's the lay of the land around here?_";
text1 = "_The Lay of the Land? Well now, there's two parts of the valley, markedly different. There's our side, and there's the uncivilised side, where no-one colonized. One or two hermits, but no-one that counts._";
text3 = "_He looks at you carefully for a minute. You resist the urge to hit him for his annoyingness. _Anyway, the other side of the valley is forested, nasty forest that, mark my words. Up north, here, are a few other villages. Or were_ he added darkly.";
text5 = "_There was a farm about ten miles down the valley. We believe they were killed. By the monsters, that. Anyway, near their farm was the entrance to the treasure trove._ he looks startled. _I didn't mean to tell you that. You forget that!_";

begintalknode 33;
state = -1;
nextstate = 33;
question = "Refugee";
text1 = "You see one of the many refugees around here."

begintalknode 34;
state = 33;
nextstate = -1;
question = "Question the refugee";
text1 = "You question the refugee for the next few minutes, shocked by the horrific tale they have to tell.";

begintalknode 35;
state = -1;
nextstate = 36;
question = "Guard";
text1 = "You see the only guard around, looking around with large wide jerks of his head. When you approach he points a weapon in your direction.";
text3 = "When he sees you aren't dead, he relaxes slightly.";

begintalknode 36;
state = 36;
nextstate = 37;
question = "_Why are you so nervous?_";
text1 = "_The dead. They come in everywhere. Just yesterday one broke in. We haven't managed to kill it yet, though we've tried._";

begintalknode 37;
state = 37;
nextstate = -1;
question = "_Do you want me to kill it for you?_";
text1 = "The guard looks relieved. _If you would. It's stuck between the two storerooms. There's secret doors inside the storerooms to get there. If you kill it, anything in the room is yours!_";
code = toggle_quest(0,1);

begintalknode 38;
state = -1;
nextstate = 39;
question = "Priest";
text1 = "You walk towards one of the cave's priests. She turns a haggard looking face towards you.";

begintalknode 39;
state = 39;
nextstate = -1;
question = "Question the Priest";
text1 = "You make small talk with the priest, but learn nothing. She is soon called away to tend to the injured.";

begintalknode 40;
state = 36;
nextstate = 37;
question = "_What's your name?_";
text1 = "_Alfonso, Alfonso del Carmal. I'm the only Guard left._ The Guard says, while glancing around nervously.";
text3 = "You ask him why he is nervous.";
text5 = "_One of the undead broke in yesterday. A nasty creature that. We haven't managed to kill it yet. It's already taken some of our number.";

begintalknode 40;
state = 36;
nextstate = -1;
condition = get_flag(25,15) == 1;
question = "_I have killed the undead beast as you requested._";
text1 = "The guard looks pleased. _Good, we can all rest a lot beter now. Thank you for this. As I promised, all in that room is yours._";

begintalknode 41;
state = 25;
nextstate = 42;
condition = if (get_flag(25,20) > 0)
question = "_Why do you want to do this?_";
text1 = "_Because I do. I also need your help._";

begintalknode 42;
state = 42;
nextstate = -1;
question = "_How can we help?_";
text1 = "_One of my friends lives on a Farm further down the valley. I would like someone to check if he is still alive._";
text3 = "She smiles, _I will reward you handsomely if you do this. I will make you all far stronger. My powers are infinite!_";
code = toggle_quest(2,1);
set_flag(25,20,2);

begintalknode 43;
state = 25;
nextstate = -1;
condition = if (get_flag(5,1) > 1)
question = "_We've been to your friend's farm. No-one left alive._";
text1 = "_I was afraid of that. But thank you for checking. You will be wanting your reward - I guess?_ You nod a yes. _Here it is._";
text3 = "She waves an arm over you, and you feel a lot wiser.";
code = toggle_quest(2,0);
award_party_xp(2500,25);
break;
Did I MENTION that this was annoying... :mad:

I'm sure you'll do your best to help... :rolleyes:

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #3
You've set Memory Cell 3 of the creature to '1', right? Also, you might try setting a personality=1 and similar.

[ Friday, July 16, 2004 05:30: Message edited by: Shining Lightbulb ]

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #4
I've set all of the Character's memory cell 3s to their respective node. But only Character 1 (begintalknode 1;) works. All of the others just come up with that script. I mean, the other characters also give a few QUESTS (as soon as i figure that out properly. Do you know if my QUESTS thing is the problem?)

Here's a copy of my SCENARIO SCRIPT
// SCENARIO SCRIPT

// This is the special script for your entire scenario. It contains
// special encounters and code accessable from anywhere in the scenario. it also
// contains the code that initializes important special things in the
// scenario (like shops and names and descriptions of special items).

// You can create your own states, but you should give all of them numbers greater than
// or equal to 10.

beginscenarioscript;

variables;

body;

// This is the state that is called every time the scenario is loaded,
// even when a save file in the scenario is loaded. Some things that should go here:
// Names and descriptions of special items.
// Names and effects of custom special abilities.
beginstate LOAD_SCEN_STATE;
break;

// This is the state that is called only once at the very beginning of
// the scenario. Some things that should go here:
// The stuff in shops.
// Creating horses and boats.
beginstate START_SCEN_STATE;
// Initialize a few shops.

// Shop 0 - armor
add_item_to_shop(0,25,25);
add_item_to_shop(0,26,20);
add_item_to_shop(0,30,20);
add_item_to_shop(0,31,10);
add_item_to_shop(0,35,10);
add_item_to_shop(0,121,15);
add_item_to_shop(0,122,15);
add_item_to_shop(0,126,3);
add_item_to_shop(0,131,2);
add_item_to_shop(0,111,15);
add_item_to_shop(0,16,10);
add_item_to_shop(0,136,10);
add_item_to_shop(0,137,10);
add_item_to_shop(0,141,5);

// Shop 1 - weapons
add_item_to_shop(1,45,25);
add_item_to_shop(1,46,20);
add_item_to_shop(1,50,15);
add_item_to_shop(1,51,10);
add_item_to_shop(1,55,5);
add_item_to_shop(1,65,20);
add_item_to_shop(1,66,10);
add_item_to_shop(1,70,5);

// Shop 2 - tools
add_item_to_shop(2,170,500);
add_item_to_shop(2,171,500);
add_item_to_shop(2,172,30);
add_item_to_shop(2,174,500);
add_item_to_shop(2,177,500);

// Shop 3 - missiles
add_item_to_shop(3,85,500);
add_item_to_shop(3,86,10);
add_item_to_shop(3,90,10);
add_item_to_shop(3,95,3);
add_item_to_shop(3,100,20);
add_item_to_shop(3,101,10);
add_item_to_shop(3,105,10);

// Shop 4 - potions
add_item_to_shop(4,220,4);
add_item_to_shop(4,221,3);
add_item_to_shop(4,222,3);
add_item_to_shop(4,223,2);

// Shop 5 - food
add_item_to_shop(5,4,500);
add_item_to_shop(5,6,500);
add_item_to_shop(5,7,500);
break;

// This state is called every tick wherever the party is in the scenario.
// You can use the set_state
beginstate START_STATE;

break;

// Place your own states below. Give each a number at least 10.
beginstate 10;
break;

beginstate 14;
//turn_on_debug_mode()
//message_dialog ("As you take a good look at the fortification, your heart sinks. There are skeletons as far as you can see, and they don't seem to want you passing...","");
add_dialog_str(0,"As you take a good look at the wall ahead, your heart sinks. More enemies!",0,);
// SDFs -(5,0) // infogen is main help/bug/ thing. gets updated as go along... if bugs found please email micael456@aol.com with a 'Printscreen' image of the bug error report. thank you...

break;

beginstate 18;
add_dialog_str(0,"The Undead thoroughly destroyed the farmhouse and the fields. Nothing is left, save a few skeletons, which you easily despatch.",0,);
message_dialog ("The Undead thoroughly destroyed the farmhouse and the fields. Nothing is left, save a few skeletons, which you easily despatch.");
if (get_flag(5,1) < 1){ message_dialog("The Undead thoroughly destroyed the farmhouse and the fields. Nothing is left, save a few skeletons, which you easily despatch.",""); set_flag(5,1,1);}
break;

init_quest(0,"The Guard in the Small Cave asked you to remove a tough undead problem. Between the two storeromms in the Cave there is a secret room. Go there and kill the undead monster. If you do that all the items in the room are yours to take.");
init_quest(1,"The wizard Thasir has asked you to reach the Town called Magical Grove. You must travel many dangerous miles of valley terrain, defeating whatever is in your way. (You only have fifteen days until the Small Cave is destroyed. HURRY!).");
init_quest(2,"The Slith Avatar has asked you to see what has happened to a friend of hers. (The friend lives in a farmhouse several miles down the valley.).");

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 4729
Profile #5
Yes, there is a problem with your quests. A quest should look like this:
init_quest([some nuber],[SHORT description],[FULL description])
e.g:
init_quest(0,"Kill bandits","Erika from Fort Avernum has asked you to kill the bandits outside of town.");
After the number follows the title of the quest, and then the full description. I don't know if that has something to do with your dialog
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #6
It shouldn't do, I fixed THAT quest problem.

begintalkscript;

variables;

body;

begintalknode 1;
state = -1;
nextstate = 2;
question = "Thasir";
text1 = "You look ahead of you at a wizard, dressed in tattered robes. He looks slightly releived that you have come.";

begintalknode 2;
state = 2;
nextstate = 3;
question = "_What is your name?_";
text1 = "The Wizard looks at you carefully. After a while he replies. _Name? Names mean nothing here. Only death. I am Thasir, Empire Wizard._";

begintalknode 3;
state = 3;
nextstate = -1;
question = "_What do you mean?_";
text1 = "_You'll find out soon enough._";

begintalknode 4;
state = 2;
nextstate = 4;
question = "_What is going on here?_";
text1 = "_What's going on here? It's a plague of undead. The things are relentless - and what does the Empire send - worthless good-for-nothing adventurers like you!_";

begintalknode 5;
state = 4;
nextstate = 6;
question = "_We are loyal servants of the Empress. You should be more civil!_";
text1 = "The Wizard doesn't look impressed. _Are you now? Well, so am I, even though I don't like what the Empire has done out here - nothing!_";

begintalknode 6;
state = 4;
nextstate = 5;
question = "_We are from Valorim, from Avernum. We don't care anything about the Empress!_";
text1 = "The Wizard looks at you in interest. _Are you now. Well, good for you. I nearly got sent down there, for 'Talking against the Empire'. It was really because I picked sides with a young mage named Erika. And she lost._";

begintalknode 7;
state = 5;
nextstate = 7;
question = "_Erika - The Old Archmage?_";
text1 = "_Archmage? Her? Well, I suppose she had power, but I never dreamed she would make archmage. Hang on - OLD Archmage?_";

begintalknode 8;
state = 7;
nextstate = 6;
question = "_She died, Rhentar Ihnro of the Vhanatai killed her, cheated in a fight._";
text1 = "The Wizard sheds a silent tear. _I am sorry to hear that. It must have been a terrible loss for Avernum._";

begintalknode 9;
state = 6;
nextstate = 8;
question = "_Could you tell us more about the undead?_";
text1 = "_Ofcourse, no need to waste time talking about who we support. I should tell you about what the situation is._";

begintalknode 10;
state = 8;
nextstate = 12;
question = "_What is the current situation?_";
text1 = "_There used to be a small farming village near here. When the hordes of undead attacked we were forced to flee to the caves. Slowly the vermin have taken most of the others, so that only I and a few remain._";

begintalknode 11;
state = 9;
nextstate = 13;
question = "_How do we get there?_";
text1 = "To get to the Magical town you have to travel through the valley, which is overrun by undead. They get more powerful as you go along._";

begintalknode 16;
state = 13;
nextstate = 10;
question = "_Go on..._";
text1 = "_There are cliffs at the other sides of the valley, so it is the only way in or out, other than boats. The undead have placed many walls and such in your way, and they have built two towers in the valley, one halfway through, and the other near the end._";

begintalknode 12;
state = 9;
nextstate = 11;
question = "_Why do we need to get help?_";
text1 = "The wizard looks exasperated. _What did the advertisement for this problem say? Almost definetely get killed by undead, no turning back?_";

begintalknode 13;
state = 11;
nextstate = 10;
question = "_No, not really._";
text1 = "_My point exactly. The Empire doesn't know we're trapped here. Nor does Avernum, especially since the cave in cut us off from Upper Avernum. You need to tell them our predicament. No-one else can._";

begintalknode 14;
state = 10;
nextstate = 14;
question = "_What do I do?_";
text1 = "_You must travel hundreds of miles to the end of this valley, on and on and on. There will be many enemies in your path, and it probably won't be safe to rest often._";
code = toggle_quest(1,1);
break;

begintalknode 15;
state = 12;
nextstate = 15;
question = "_Go on..._";
text1 = "_There is a portal here, that we sent for aid with when the first few skeletons attacked, but it is useless now._ He spits on the ground. _The only way out of the valley is through a portal at the other end, in a magical town construct._";

begintalknode 17;
state = 14;
nextstate = -1;
question = "_Many enemies?_";
text1 = "_Yes, many enemies! Now if you'll let me continue. You must fight on the go, and pray that you live. Because if you don't, this plague will soon spread out from this valley, and attack the Empire itself!_";

begintalknode 18;
state = 15;
nextstate = 9;
question = "_Magical town construct?_";
text1 = "_Yes, one of the Magical made towns. The Empire, or Avernum, capture the souls of an entire town, and then they position in places to help adventurers and lost people. You need to go there and ask the Empire to help us._";

begintalknode 19;
state = -1;
nextstate = 20;
question = "Brigand";
text1 = "You see a tall brigand, scars covering his body. He looks at you, and speaks. _Whatta you want?_";

begintalknode 20;
state = 20;
nextstate = 21;
question = "_Why are you here? Aren't you a brigand?_";
text1= "_I was._ The brigand pulls out a pipe and sucks on it. _Then those damned undead started attacking. Killed most o' me mates, and I had to run here._";

begintalknode 21;
state = 21;
nextstate = -1;
question = "_We're sorry about your mates, but we need to know what's going on around here._";
text1 = "The brigand spits at you. _Sorry?_ he laughs mirthlessly. _I don't give a damn if you're sorry. And you wanna know what's going on around here? Talk to the wizard, or the Slith!_ He spits at you again, and turns his back.";

begintalknode 22;
state = -1;
nextstate = 23;
question = "Ssscccchhhhaahaah";
text1 = "You find yourselves face to face with a legendary Slith Avatar. You draw your blades, uncertain of her loyalties. She just stares at you, unblinking.";

begintalknode 23;
state = 23;
nextstate = 24;
question = "Sheath your blades.";
text1 = "You sheath your blades and watch the Avatar closely. They have a nasty reputation. _I will not harm you._ she says, smiling.";

begintalknode 24;
state = 24;
nextstate = 25;
question = "_Why should we trust you?_";
text1 = "She smiles again. _Why should you not? I mean you no harm. I only wish to talk, and maybe help._";

begintalknode 25;
state = 25;
nextstate = 26;
question = "_How can you help us?_";
text1 = "_I have seen many things. But most importantly, I know what lies ahead of you, if you take this quest, and I also know who created this plague. Are those not useful things?_";

begintalknode 26;
state = 26;
nextstate = 28;
question = "_What lies ahead of us?_";
text1 = "_Undead. For roughly the first half of your journey there will be minor undead, like skeletons and zombies. After that..._";

begintalknode 27;
state = 26;
nextstate = 29;
question = "_Who has made this plague?_";
text1 = "_I know not their name, but they are a race filled with powerful magic. They also have dangerous weapons. They are thin, with spindly arms and legs, but their appearance is deceiving._";

begintalknode 28;
state = 28;
nextstate = 30;
question = "_After that?_";
text1 = "_After that you get to the more dangerous ones. Liches and Vampire, and also alien undead. Undead of a weird race. Be wary of those. Some can cast spells, and others are fearsome warriors._";

begintalknode 29;
state = 29;
nextstate = -1;
question = "_Vahnatai?_";
text1 = "_Perhaps - as I said, I do not know their names, only that their leader has built two towers, and she visits them regularly._";

begintalknode 30;
state = 30;
nextstate = -1;
question = "_How fearsome?_";
text1 = "_Very dangerous. They carry waved blades, which cut smoothly into the flesh, and the mages cast medium strength spells. But they never go in groups of less than 10, so they swamp you with numbers._ She looks around. _I must leave you now. Goodbye_";

begintalknode 31;
state = -1;
nextstate = 32;
question = "Harry the Woodcutter";
text1 = "You come face to face with one of the valley's woodcutters. He looks at you with something akin to reverence.";

begintalknode 32;
state = 32;
nextstate = -1;
question = "_What's the lay of the land around here?_";
text1 = "_The Lay of the Land? Well now, there's two parts of the valley, markedly different. There's our side, and there's the uncivilised side, where no-one colonized. One or two hermits, but no-one that counts._";
text3 = "_He looks at you carefully for a minute. You resist the urge to hit him for his annoyingness. _Anyway, the other side of the valley is forested, nasty forest that, mark my words. Up north, here, are a few other villages. Or were_ he added darkly.";
text5 = "_There was a farm about ten miles down the valley. We believe they were killed. By the monsters, that. Anyway, near their farm was the entrance to the treasure trove._ he looks startled. _I didn't mean to tell you that. You forget that!_";

begintalknode 33;
state = -1;
nextstate = 33;
question = "Refugee";
text1 = "You see one of the many refugees around here.";

begintalknode 34;
state = 33;
nextstate = -1;
question = "Question the refugee";
text1 = "You question the refugee for the next few minutes, shocked by the horrific tale they have to tell.";

begintalknode 35;
state = -1;
nextstate = 36;
question = "Guard";
text1 = "You see the only guard around, looking around with large wide jerks of his head. When you approach he points a weapon in your direction.";
text3 = "When he sees you aren't dead, he relaxes slightly.";

begintalknode 36;
state = 36;
nextstate = 37;
question = "_Why are you so nervous?_";
text1 = "_The dead. They come in everywhere. Just yesterday one broke in. We haven't managed to kill it yet, though we've tried._";

begintalknode 37;
state = 37;
nextstate = -1;
question = "_Do you want me to kill it for you?_";
text1 = "The guard looks relieved. _If you would. It's stuck between the two storerooms. There's secret doors inside the storerooms to get there. If you kill it, anything in the room is yours!_";
code = toggle_quest(0,1);
break;

begintalknode 38;
state = -1;
nextstate = 39;
question = "Priest";
text1 = "You walk towards one of the cave's priests. She turns a haggard looking face towards you.";

begintalknode 39;
state = 39;
nextstate = -1;
question = "Question the Priest";
text1 = "You make small talk with the priest, but learn nothing. She is soon called away to tend to the injured.";

begintalknode 40;
state = 36;
nextstate = 37;
question = "_What's your name?_";
text1 = "_Alfonso, Alfonso del Carmal. I'm the only Guard left._ The Guard says, while glancing around nervously.";
text3 = "You ask him why he is nervous.";
text5 = "_One of the undead broke in yesterday. A nasty creature that. We haven't managed to kill it yet. It's already taken some of our number.";

begintalknode 40;
state = 36;
nextstate = -1;
condition = get_flag(25,15) == 1;
question = "_I have killed the undead beast as you requested._";
text1 = "The guard looks pleased. _Good, we can all rest a lot beter now. Thank you for this. As I promised, all in that room is yours._";

begintalknode 41;
state = 25;
nextstate = 42;
condition = if (get_flag(25,20) > 0)
question = "_Why do you want to do this?_";
text1 = "_Because I do. I also need your help._";

begintalknode 42;
state = 42;
nextstate = -1;
question = "_How can we help?_";
text1 = "_One of my friends lives on a Farm further down the valley. I would like someone to check if he is still alive._";
text3 = "She smiles, _I will reward you handsomely if you do this. I will make you all far stronger. My powers are infinite!_";
code = toggle_quest(2,1);
set_flag(25,20,2);
break;

begintalknode 43;
state = 25;
nextstate = -1;
condition = if (get_flag(5,1) > 1)
question = "_We've been to your friend's farm. No-one left alive._";
text1 = "_I was afraid of that. But thank you for checking. You will be wanting your reward - I guess?_ You nod a yes. _Here it is._";
text3 = "She waves an arm over you, and you feel a lot wiser.";
code = toggle_quest(2,0);
award_party_xp(2500,25);
break;
break;
The dialog...

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #7
I know this is a double post, but I have to seperate it from the other problem...

My Quest thing says "You receive a Quest", but when I look for it in my quests section - It's not there...

UWHugo = I noticed that in the beginning.

// SCENARIO SCRIPT

// This is the special script for your entire scenario. It contains
// special encounters and code accessable from anywhere in the scenario. it also
// contains the code that initializes important special things in the
// scenario (like shops and names and descriptions of special items).

// You can create your own states, but you should give all of them numbers greater than
// or equal to 10.

beginscenarioscript;

variables;

body;

// This is the state that is called every time the scenario is loaded,
// even when a save file in the scenario is loaded. Some things that should go here:
// Names and descriptions of special items.
// Names and effects of custom special abilities.
beginstate LOAD_SCEN_STATE;
break;

// This is the state that is called only once at the very beginning of
// the scenario. Some things that should go here:
// The stuff in shops.
// Creating horses and boats.
beginstate START_SCEN_STATE;
// Initialize a few shops.

// Shop 0 - armor
add_item_to_shop(0,25,25);
add_item_to_shop(0,26,20);
add_item_to_shop(0,30,20);
add_item_to_shop(0,31,10);
add_item_to_shop(0,35,10);
add_item_to_shop(0,121,15);
add_item_to_shop(0,122,15);
add_item_to_shop(0,126,3);
add_item_to_shop(0,131,2);
add_item_to_shop(0,111,15);
add_item_to_shop(0,16,10);
add_item_to_shop(0,136,10);
add_item_to_shop(0,137,10);
add_item_to_shop(0,141,5);

// Shop 1 - weapons
add_item_to_shop(1,45,25);
add_item_to_shop(1,46,20);
add_item_to_shop(1,50,15);
add_item_to_shop(1,51,10);
add_item_to_shop(1,55,5);
add_item_to_shop(1,65,20);
add_item_to_shop(1,66,10);
add_item_to_shop(1,70,5);

// Shop 2 - tools
add_item_to_shop(2,170,500);
add_item_to_shop(2,171,500);
add_item_to_shop(2,172,30);
add_item_to_shop(2,174,500);
add_item_to_shop(2,177,500);

// Shop 3 - missiles
add_item_to_shop(3,85,500);
add_item_to_shop(3,86,10);
add_item_to_shop(3,90,10);
add_item_to_shop(3,95,3);
add_item_to_shop(3,100,20);
add_item_to_shop(3,101,10);
add_item_to_shop(3,105,10);

// Shop 4 - potions
add_item_to_shop(4,220,4);
add_item_to_shop(4,221,3);
add_item_to_shop(4,222,3);
add_item_to_shop(4,223,2);

// Shop 5 - food
add_item_to_shop(5,4,500);
add_item_to_shop(5,6,500);
add_item_to_shop(5,7,500);
break;

// This state is called every tick wherever the party is in the scenario.
// You can use the set_state
beginstate START_STATE;

break;

// Place your own states below. Give each a number at least 10.
beginstate 10;
break;

beginstate 14;
//turn_on_debug_mode()
//message_dialog ("As you take a good look at the fortification, your heart sinks. There are skeletons as far as you can see, and they don't seem to want you passing...","");
add_dialog_str(0,"As you take a good look at the wall ahead, your heart sinks. More enemies!",0,);
// SDFs -(5,0) // infogen is main help/bug/ thing. gets updated as go along... if bugs found please email micael456@aol.com with a 'Printscreen' image of the bug error report. thank you...

break;

beginstate 18;
add_dialog_str(0,"The Undead thoroughly destroyed the farmhouse and the fields. Nothing is left, save a few skeletons, which you easily despatch.",0,);
message_dialog ("The Undead thoroughly destroyed the farmhouse and the fields. Nothing is left, save a few skeletons, which you easily despatch.");
if (get_flag(5,1) < 1){ message_dialog("The Undead thoroughly destroyed the farmhouse and the fields. Nothing is left, save a few skeletons, which you easily despatch.",""); set_flag(5,1,1);}
break;

init_quest(0,"Sort Undead Problem","The Guard in the Small Cave asked you to remove a tough undead problem. Between the two storeromms in the Cave there is a secret room. Go there and kill the undead monster. If you do that all the items in the room are yours to take.");
init_quest(1,"Get Help","The wizard Thasir has asked you to reach the Town called Magical Grove. You must travel many dangerous miles of valley terrain, defeating whatever is in your way. (You only have fifteen days until the Small Cave is destroyed. HURRY!).");
init_quest(2,"Check on friends","The Slith Avatar has asked you to see what has happened to a friend of hers. (The friend lives in a farmhouse several miles down the valley.).");
As far as I can tell - (I haven't looked TOO closely at it yet) that's the same as the Quests in DwD, where I got my basis from.

This is the QUEST part of DwD;

// SCENARIO SCRIPT DwD

init_quest(0,"Meet Lord Maynard","To find out what to do about the undead, you need to go see Lord Maynard. He is in the city of Seleucia.");
init_quest(1,"Eliminate Undead","Lord Maynard of Seleucia will reward you handsomely if you can find the source of the undead assaulting his city and destroy it.");

init_quest(2,"Slay Undead","The more groups of undead you find wandering outdoors, the more Captain Corddry in Lower Seleucia will reward you.");
init_quest(3,"Slay Goblins","Captain Corddry, in Lower Seleucia, asked you to kill the chief of a band of goblins. They are in the hills southwest of Seleucia.");
init_quest(4,"Do Reporting","Machrone, in the inn in Seleucia, will pay for a firsthand description of the undead lord responsible for the attacks. If he exists.");
init_quest(5,"Find Sanger","Sanger is the husband of Grenrock, a customs agent in Seleucia. He has been abducted by the undead and, of course, his wife wants him back.");
init_quest(6,"Find Secret Entry","A rogue named Helms in lower Seleucia asked you to find a secret passage into Lord Maynard's castle.");

init_quest(9,"Vampire Message","You found some vampires hiding in a tunnel west of Seleucia. They would like you to contact some great vampire living underground and see if he will take them in.");
init_quest(10,"Help Pixies","Some pixies in the woods east of Seleucia need Ember Flowers to heal some of their number. They seem to think the nearby lumberjacks have some.");

init_quest(11,"Disrupt Crystal","Lord Maynard taught you a brief ritual. Go to the upper level of his castle and use it on the crystal containing a piece of Vahkohs's spirit.");

init_quest(12,"Find Pearmun","Onyx Berezan, a wizard in Seleucia's magic school, sent out a student named Pearmun to hunt undead. He never came back, and she wants to know what happened to him.");

init_quest(13,"Brigid Information","For years, people who have caused trouble for Lord Maynard have been disappearing. A rebel named Brigid in the sewers wants you to discover why.");
init_quest(14,"Find Desirea","There is a rebel named Brigid in the sewers. One of her friends, named Desirea, is gone. She wants to know what happened to her.");

init_quest(15,"Free Vahkohs","You offered to free Vahkohs so that he can leave the valley. First, you must trick Lord Maynard into letting you reach the crystal holding a piece of Vahkohs's spirit. Then you must destroy it.");
break;

break;

[ Friday, July 16, 2004 06:07: Message edited by: Archmage Micael ]

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 4729
Profile #8
I have the corrected versions of both things but my browser doesn't allow me to use parentheses so I can't post it. Give me your e-mail and I'll send it to you.
Apprentice
Member # 4729
Profile #9
Just testing sth.

()
Apprentice
Member # 4729
Profile #10
Ooops sorry I already have your e-mail from the scenario script, I'll send them right away!
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #11
Use the [ CODE ][ /CODE ]-tags?

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #12
Your problem might be related to the personality parameter, but I doubt it. I'll try to comb through it a little more carefully now.

EDIT: Why do you have an extra break; at the end of the script?

EDIT2: What's with the body; initializer?

EDIT3: You spelled relieved wrong.

EDIT4: Does anyone know why the code doesn't paste correctly?

EDIT5: By the way, you can start with state 1.

[ Friday, July 16, 2004 19:42: Message edited by: Keep ]

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.