new scenario?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: new scenario?
Apprentice
Member # 4173
Profile #0
I'm dying to play a new scenario. Are any of you guys almost done with one???
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #1
Yes, I'm halfway done with TEH MANVALEY ADVENTRESU, I'm currently drawing the dungeon that's described in the manuals.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Oh, come on. Stop this foolishness. This question has been asked several times, and anyone who is going to give a real answer has already given one.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 286
Profile #3
I'm guessing that a lot of people are staying quiet deliberately, because the moment you announce something, your chances of success signficiantly decrease. At least, they do for me. :)

--------------------
Z: "I just feel so insignificant."
Psych: "You ARE. You're an ANT."
--Antz
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #4
They're staying quiet because it's completely different making something while thinking "Hey! I'll suprise 'em poor bastards with it!" than thinking "Oh man. Now that I've announced it I have to do it."

Plus, noone gets to know you've failed when they don't know you attempted.

--------------------
I am pleased to make contact with your entities.
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #5
Kelandon is planning something. :P

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #6
I would also be seriously planning something, but as I can't script (and, meh, am lazy), I just keep drawing towns. :P

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #7
Something here is weird to me.

The amount of people who claim they can't script.

It is as simple as "find copy paste ask-if-wrong". I understand that you can get caught on the details, like myself, but getting the general picture is simplistic to the core.

People. Sigh.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #8
Hmm. I am no scripter. Just pushing a few people and hoping they will produce a nice new dungeon for me to chop holes in. I wouldn't mind being a beta tester. Been on vacation for a week.

How about some insane ideas for Avernum dungeons.

1. As fas as I can tell there has never been a solid desert scenario in Avernum. (I don't see any really decent desert or ruin graphics in Exile or Avernum.) In fact I am wondering if there is such a thing as a desert in Avernum. Maybe an unpassable desert where everyone who has tried to cross it has died would be nice. The Sahara desert was never crossed by Europeans until the twentieth century. It could be a true death trap-- sand storms, heat damage during the day, unpassable fiery landscape, sink holes, all sorts of horrid new critters-- giant scorpions, a dead kingdom in the center of the desert. Crazed religious fanatic Nephilim who travel by night.

2. Where are the barbarians -- every decent empire has at one point had to face barbarian invaders which have nearly brought them to their knees. The sliths are supposed to be this, but they don't strike me as particularly barbaric. (Maybe they might come out of the desert wastelands which Avernum has never had.) Hint, hint ;)

3. Erika Reborn. The great Nephil Shaman Orgun Khan from the deserts of Zahaduen has gone down into Avernum and resurrected Erika to torture her and learn of her magic. He holds her for a long time imprisoning her soul in a soul crystal. Erika eventually escapes learning of an artifact called the Amulet of the Blood Moon from Orghuns library. Supposedly if a vampire wears it, the day will become as night to him and he will be able to move about during the day. Erika thinks that if she gets the amulet and becomes a vampire lord she may be able to return to the surface of the Empire despite the curse. However the amulet is in the lost city of Urik in the desert of Zahaduen. Every attempt by Erika to send creatures to retrieve it has failed. She teleports you in and asks you to retrieve the amulet. Then she disappears quickly. Orgun Khan teleports in surrounded by raksasha, demons, and henchmen and makes a counteroffer...

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #9
I'd say making scenarios like these is possible, although, I doubt anyone would make a scenario from someone else idea. People see their ideas as superior to ideas of others. Not that I complain.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4631
Profile #10
Scripting may be basically easy, but it does look very intimidating on the surface. Especially since the scripts that come with Warrior's grove and the four core scenarios are all mushed together and not very easily read.

--------------------
"'I saw the duckling hatch and disappear.
Sadly I ask who may have taken it.'"
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #11
Like, no line breaks? If you open them up in Wordpad, you'll see them fine.
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #12
I get the basics of the scripts. I can somewhat write dialogue, too, but that's it. But meh, I'm reading the docs at this very moment, in hopes of actually learning something. :P

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Warrior
Member # 4492
Profile #13
I got sidetracked from my scenerio by other stuff. At the moment its only about 20% complete and since its quite big (5 by 6 outdoor map), it would probably be a while. I will probably take another 2 months to finish it. Hopefully.
Warrior
Member # 226
Profile #14
I'm producing a scenario based on a ported Blades of Exile scenario of mine from a while back.

A few of the guys (Edit: and gals of course, how sexist of me) might remember me yapping on about it then

It's called Questionable Ethics.

Im on holiday in america for two weeks from the 24th but after that I'm going to do some serious work on it.

Obviously I'll let you know as i progress and when beta testers are required etc.

Edit: It's only 2x2 outdoor sections so I should have neatened up the terrain from the port fairly soon then try and rescue some of the encounters, the exit scenario one still works, woohoo!

[ Thursday, July 15, 2004 03:17: Message edited by: Reaper ]

--------------------
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

§ Behold the Stamp, for it sticks to the same thing until it reaches its destination! (Apt for us scenario designers!!) §
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #15
I just need $27 and I will be on my way to making UN UBER 5(3|\|/-\|)\|0!!1!!1!!1

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.