Graphics Problem

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Graphics Problem
Apprentice
Member # 4531
Profile #0
I've been having problems using the it_icon_adjust and cr_icon_adjust commands. When I try to tint the color of an item or creature nothing happpens. For example, the following custom item:

Begindefineitem 450;
import = 16;
it_full_name = "Salamander Cloak";
it_floor_which_sheet = 1002;
it_floor_which_icon = 5;
it_inventory_icon = 6;
it_special_class = 1;
it_ability_1 = 55;
it_ability_str_1 = 1000;
it_icon_adjust = 128;

Is still purple, not red as should be the case for an icon adjust of 128. I have successfully used other adjustments, such as darkening the graphic or tinting it neutral, but colors don't seem to work. Also, no matter how much fire resistance I give the item (this example has 5000%), the character wearing it still takes damage from fire. Is there any way to grant immunity to fire?
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #1
Your problem is, I think, a misunderstanding of what tinting does. It adds red to the graphic, rather than making it red. (At least, that's my understanding.) In this case, you're starting with purple - red and blue in more or less equal proportions. Tinting it red should make it a slightly more reddish purple. The difference might not be noticeable.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
Basic answer is no- there is no total immunity to fire. But at 5000%, you'll only take 1 or 2 damage.
Sorry to burst your bubble.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 4531
Profile #3
Thanks. Is there any way to remove blue from the graphic or do I have to edit the graphic file myself? What editor would you suggest? I tried playing around with the different adjust settings and got a bunch of greens, browns, and purples, but no red. Even taking the green cloak and swapping green and red just gives you purple.
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #4
On mac, GraphicConverter lets you do that.
Although it is a little hard to find:
Picture menu -> Colors -> Grayscale -> 16 Grays
(although there are other options for number of grays, I believe this is the best for this situation)

Then:
Picture menu -> Colors -> Grayscale to Red Channel

--------------------
Creator of the 3D Blades of Avernum Editor for Mac. Get it at Ingenious Isaac's Illusion, my web page. Better yet, get Battle for Wesnoth, a wonderful free TBS game.
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #5
If combining 'tint to a neutral shade' and 'tint red' doesn't work, then you probably do need to edit the graphic. For Windows, EasyPeg is a reasonably good free program. (Search for it, I don't remember where to download it offhand.)