Where's the editor?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Where's the editor?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #0
I just downloaded the demo, but alas, there is no editor to be seen. Naturally, this makes me irritated- why the heck can't I start fiddling around with it immediately?
Bah.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 126
Profile Homepage #1
The editor is a great huge thingamajig, made to be used to create whole scenarios. It's likely fairly large, and complicated, and DL'ing it would probably take a painful long time, and hosting such a thing to be downloaded would likely eat up lots of computer resources. In short, it'll probably be a full version only sorta thing.

--------------------
Fly beyond the ocean, over the mountains, past the moon and across the face of the sun, never to come home again.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
ftp://spidweb.com/mac/

It's here, and it's not even four megabytes.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #3
Go to the Blades of Avernum page, and click on the Scenario Workshop link below. Editor there.

http://www.spidweb.com/avernum/blades/scen_workshop.html

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Agent
Member # 14
Profile #4
Not distributing the editor with the demo version would be a foolish thing to do anyway. Although I do remember reading somewhere that the editor would not be packaged with the game itself for various reasons.

[ Thursday, March 18, 2004 13:45: Message edited by: Dragyn Bob ]

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"-The Divine Comedy
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #5
"Not distributing the editor with the demo version would be a foolish thing to do anyway."

Heh. You don't get to pay our bandwidth fees.

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Warrior
Member # 246
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Spidweb:

"Not distributing the editor with the demo version would be a foolish thing to do anyway."

Heh. You don't get to pay our bandwidth fees.

That was my first guess.

My second was file size reduction for people who don't particularly want the editor. Some people may just want to play scenarios. With the editor attached it probably would have been at the most 4mb bigger for 18mb. Nasty for even a 56k modem. :(
Shock Trooper
Member # 52
Profile Homepage #7
Exactly. Players like me want to play the game, and custom scenarios, but don't have the ability (or time, or desire, or whatever that reason might be) to create scenarios.

So it saves our DL time and Spiderweb's bandwidth if the two apps come separately ;)

--------------------
Behind, the sea of time and space roars and follows swiftly