Custom booms and effects

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Custom booms and effects
Apprentice
Member # 4362
Profile #0
Can we make custom booms, sparkles, missles and effects? Or are the existing ones the only ones available? Can this be added in an update?
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #1
Currently not possible. Or at least impossible without creating an unsupported hack.

--------------------
-spyderbytes
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
Not entirely! What you could do is set it up so that you have the different "phases" of the explosion as hidden monsters that you place, move and update the screen every second with. It's damned difficult and probably not worth the effort, but go ahead and try.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #3
Or you could make them custom terrain or objects that go through a cycle that shows the explosion as a series of still shots. You might even get it all to happen quickly enought that the transition is fluid (although I kind of doubt it, but you might).

--------------------
The Home of 8-bit Theater!

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 4168
Profile #4
Yeah - make an animation sequence of a desired explosion, paste it into your resource file as a terrain and place the sequence using a set_terrain call.
Be sure to use the call te_animation_steps = x ('x' being the number of animation frames) in your scenario data file for the terrain you created, in order for the entire sequence to be shown. :)

--------------------
Guyute was the ugly pig who walked on me and danced a jig that he had learned when he was six - then stopped and did some other tricks. Like pulling weapons from his coat and holding them against my throat. He lectured me in language strange - then scampered quickly out of range.