Pathfinding

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Pathfinding
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #0
Who teaches the Pathfinding skill, and where do I find him/her/it?. I remember it allowed you to cross lava without being harme in Avernum 2 (occusionaly anyway) does it do the same in Avernum 1?.

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Lifecrafter
Member # 19
Profile Homepage #1
Yes it does the same in A1.
I've never found a teacher for the pathfinderskill in Avernum but my memory is a little vague about that.

--------------------
Good luck all, keep on playing
May the GIFTS walk upon the earth forever
all hail the spider lord
The first citizen of Exile
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #2
I'm pretty sure no one teaches the skill in A1. Andrew has a few points, and there's a mind crystal somewhere, but that's it.

From what I've heard from people who have the hint book, you are supposed to get it from Fort Dranlon, but it never happened. Oh well, safe travel 3 isn't too hard to find.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 1852
Profile #3
In Avernum 3, you can learn it from Meena, after you finish Jeds quest. She moves from town to town on Bigail.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #4
I don't think you can get any Pathfinging other than the amount with some custom characters, a special encounter, and the Mind Crystal.

I only think this because I never was able to 'walk on lava' in A1 very effectively, while I could do it in A2-3.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Apprentice
Member # 1852
Profile #5
No, you can definetly buy it in A1 and A3. Not sure about A2, but definetly the other two games.
Warrior
Member # 4654
Profile #6
thats right. you can only buy it in A1 and A3. but i like using safe trave 3 better coz its eaiser to get.

--------------------
life is too short to be taken seriously.hmm.but its also the longest thing a person can ever do!
Apprentice
Member # 1852
Profile #7
Yeah, also a bit more reliable, I think.
Warrior
Member # 4654
Profile #8
thats right. it is more reliable.and i like those neat blue slippers!i maen when we wear them our feet dont even touch the ground!!!! :D

--------------------
life is too short to be taken seriously.hmm.but its also the longest thing a person can ever do!
Apprentice
Member # 4788
Profile #9
i bought pathfinder in a2 at priest in formello
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by crowsfein18:

Yeah, also a bit more reliable, I think.
Yeah, but it's so expensive! At least for me (a singleton) it's cheaper to just heal after I cross lava if I actually got hurt.

[ Sunday, August 01, 2004 07:54: Message edited by: Stupid NEwbie Man ]

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.