Dragons and Vahnatai-The superiors.Foolish or mighty?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Dragons and Vahnatai-The superiors.Foolish or mighty?
Apprentice
Member # 12130
Profile #0
Dragons(Draconus):I accept dragons are strong yet arrogant,in fact,ones like Motrax wasn't alone,read his full story of how he was assaulted,Drake Lord Stergnos and motrax had a few(but mighty)titan-likes to defend themselves.Motrax,unlike other dragons was kind and caring to humans,that brought them closer,but other ones,prefer no help and fight "bravely" alongside with slaves/servants at his/her side.Such a foolishness and lack of integrity always is an advantage to the foes.

Vahnatai:Another semi-intelligent race,truly not more than dragons if compared in all Avernum games.They are good in crystals and mentally strong but physically weak.Dragons are balanced.Ones like Rentar-Ihnro(Ihnro-"learned"ones)are quite like egomaniacs.Of course in A2 u may have seen the reactions of the vahnatai,mainly the council of olgai(or so I think)I wished to destroy the whole race if they didn't help me in VoTD.However my reactions were like that of a dragon,i.e"I felt angry at them even after their help(s)."

After all these words,tell me who is more foolish,Dragons or Vahnatai?What should be done to the dragons and/or the vahnatai? :confused:

--------------------------------------
"Fear not,Warriors,Magi and ArchMagi.The solution lies within thy self"
-Garzahd
I am famous,my knowledge creates rumours,and my foolishness creates jokes.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #1
Neither of them are what I consider foolish. Power often leads to arrogance, but it doesn't have to enshroud the logistical aspects of the mind.

--------------------
Jesus is a pacifist.
Ron Paul for '08!
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #2
Well at least this is a more interesting clone of Nephil vs. Slith. As for the vahnatai, it is important to remember that not all of them follow the path that Rentar-Ihrno chose.

To add in my two cents, Sulfras > Rentar

While I'm at it, Erika > Rentar

Let it begin...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #3
Wait, what's your argument about dragons? That they're foolish for not accepting help from humans? How is it foolish to not want to associate with a race that has a long history of pilfering your treasure hordes and attempting to hunt down and eliminate your race from the earth?

--------------------
"NOW PASS ME MY BOOTS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A FACE." -Nikki

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
Motrax is the most human-loving dragon. For his trouble he dies only after Pyrog, the weakest and absolutely the most foolish of them all. Athron is quite good at her isolationism, and in the end the dragons show that they're quite willing to work with each other and even humans when it's expedient. Ultimately, though, they don't owe humans anything and don't particularly like them. (Interestingly, you hate the vahnatai for trying to kill all humans. Didn't humans try to kill all dragons and come very close to succeeding?)

The vahnatai are magically strong, but are they actually physically weak? They look spindly, yes, but vahnatai warriors are among the most dangerous minor enemies you face in Avernum games. They're deadly fighters. Also, while Rentar-Ihrno is definitely an egomaniac (and eventually insane), Bon-Ihrno and like thinkers aren't a voiceless minority. They're just understandably less involved in human affairs.

—Alorael, who thinks antagonizing the vahnatai more because of Rentar would be foolish indeed. Rentar and her minority were able to inflict immense damage on both the Empire and Avernum. Imagine what would happen if the rest of the vahnatai joined in, especially if more than one clan got involved.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 12130
Profile #5
Well I should ask....Who is superior in your concern,Dragons or the Vahnatai?And why do you say so.If you ask me,they are equal but have differences swithched.Vahnatai can understand the humans,but Dragons,all mad like.

-----------------------------
"Fear not,Warriors,Magi and ArchMagi.The solution lies within thyself"
-Garzahd
I am famous,my creations create rumours,and my mistakes create jokes
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #6
Again, you're hardly giving the dragons any credit here. They understand the humans, that's why they don't usually trust them.

In terms of raw magical power, though, the vahnatai probably win.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #7
There are only 5 dragons but thousand vahnatais.
It's not fair to compare five to thousand.

Its possible on other hand to compare five most powerfull vahnatai to five dragons.

Who do you think is more powerfull:Rentar or Sulfras?Thats possible to compare.

--------------------
You must show me respect becouse...never mind why but do respect me!
All hail me, your...something.
Don't contradict me or I'l...GUARDS!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
Well, let's see. Erika was more powerful than Rentar-Ihrno. Sulfras was imprisoned by the Empire, but Erika was banished and cused by the Empire. Younger Erika, perhaps, but it looks like both can be taken down by sufficiently large forces.

It's actually rather interesting that Sulfras, the most powerful of the dragons, is never really compared to anything else in strength.

—Alorael, who thinks the vahnatai win in the end by numbers and also by powerful individuals. Rentar-Ihrno may or may not be the strongest vahnatai; she's high up in her clan, but maybe not even the most powerful there. The crystal souls are more powerful as well, and I'd say they're more powerful than she was as a crystal. So while the strongest vahnatai may not be stronger than Sulfras, it's reasonable to assume they're more impressive than Pyrog and Motrax.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #9
Yes, the vahnatai have achieved greater status than the dragons.

--------------------
Project Von Bora