Avernum 3: Ulhioc

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum 3: Ulhioc
Apprentice
Member # 10205
Profile #0
This is the third time I've played through Avernum 3, but I can't remember how to get to Ulhioc the Troglodyte. I went through to his machine and pressed the buttons on his pedestal to line up the runes. But I can't go anywhere from there. The runes lead to a blank wall and there's no secret (or visible) door out of the rune room. Am I missing something?

I checked the Walkthrough and all it says is to walk across the runes and that Ulhioc is in the room to the north. FarSight shows a room on the other side of the wall, but I can't figure out how to get there.

What am I missing? Thanks.
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #1
I think you have to use move Mountains at level 3. You can do one of two things. You can go into the character editor and raise your spell stats to level 3 or you can go Gale and learn it there. But you have to compleate a quest for the guy by the trapdoor leading into Gale.

--------------------
I am a related to a witch who was burned in the Salem Witch Trials. I study magic,witchcraft and other paranormal stuff. I love BOA and Avernum 3, Sims 2 and Nancy Drew! Feel free to rate my karma.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #2
If it's just a wall, you don't need Move Mountains level 3. Level 2 or even 1 would work just as well, I believe. A Stoneshatter crystal would work, too.

I'm trying to remember, and I want to say that there's a secret passage at the southwest corner of that room. I might be wrong, though... try moving diagonally through the walls.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #3
You have to get to the southwest corner of the room. I'm fairly sure it's just a gate there, not a secret passage or anything.

--------------------
"Heart of Earth located in Europe, Ass of Earth located in USA."

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Apprentice
Member # 10205
Profile #4
Thanks. Move mountains worked. It was a break in the middle of the wall.

On to the next battle...
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
Exile 3 had the gate in the wall at the southwest corner. Move mountains at level 1 will do since level 3 doesn't come until much later in the game.