Newbie needs help finding things to do in A1 demo

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Newbie needs help finding things to do in A1 demo
Apprentice
Member # 6246
Profile #0
I know I am getting the full version in a couple weeks, but I still want to play Avernum through then!

I have done most of the quests I think, so now I want to do some non-quest adventures. In specific, I want to take Motrax's treasure. I have already killed Athron and taken her treasure, but that was easy because it was a one-on-one battle. Motrax is harder because my demo-party can't take care of his guards and then kill him.
Is there a way to steal his stuff w/o having to fight him directly?

--------------------
Vous etes saoul!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #1
Athron has important info that you need later to complete a major game-winning quest. If you killed her, then you need to start the game over. That should keep you busy for a while.

Killing Motrax is also not recommended. You will want him alive later on, to survive one of the other major quests. You can't take his treasure without making him hostile (well, not without cheating).

Edit: If you're truly bored try the Avernum 2 or Avernum 3 demos.

[ Sunday, June 03, 2007 07:19: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #2
You could try to repair the crystal cave. Or maybe take on the bat cave. The undead around Mertis could be fun. There are some sliths on the islands south and southwest of Cotra.

quote:
Athron has important info that you need later to complete a major game-winning quest. If you killed her, then you need to start the game over.
Actually, I think the editor can easily bring Athron back to life, or is that just in E1?

quote:
I want to take Motrax's treasure.
Here's a spoiler for you: If you really want to steal a dragon's treasure, wait until you get the registered version. Then go to the Abyss and kill Pyrog, since you'll have to kill him anyway, and take his stuff.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Apprentice
Member # 6246
Profile #3
I've done the bat cave and the undead pit. They had some nice treasure! I remember those slith islands from Exile, but the demo of A1 only goes a little past Cotra, and doesn't include them. I'm not sure if the editor has the "resurrect dragon" feature anymore, but I'll check. Maybe I'll try the original Exile again. Never really got that far.

[ Monday, June 04, 2007 10:32: Message edited by: Hondero ]

--------------------
Vous etes saoul!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Never really got that far
I'm not surprised, if you went around killing major characters...

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 7246
Profile Homepage #5
There is a way of getting Motrax's treasure in A1 and A2 without fighting him but not if you are playing a singleton: see my walkthrough.

--------------------
My Avernum Walkthroughs
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #6
(which is what I meant by cheating)

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 7246
Profile Homepage #7
Quite right. The combat mode trick is strictly speaking cheating. You would probably also count the unlimited item resellers in A3 and the arrow regenerating trick in A1 and A2 as cheating.

--------------------
My Avernum Walkthroughs
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Hondero:

Maybe I'll try the original Exile again. Never really got that far.
Neither did I for a while; it took me about 6 months of wandering aimlessly to even figure out what I was doing.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.