time based events

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: time based events
Apprentice
Member # 8755
Profile #0
I've been looking around the internet, but for the life of me I can't find a list of time based events for avernum 3 (although I saw one for avernum 1). Has anyone seen anything like this, or know most of the events?

This would be handy as I could visit towns before they are destroyed, know when I'm spending too long in a region, manage to show up for special events, etc.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
After you complete the first major quest (slimes or cockroaches) you usually get the quest to check out the mysterious deaths in New Formello.

About day 40 to 60 is the theft of the Orb of Thranli. This can occur earlier, usually after the second major quest.

About day 110 is the Tower of the Magi quest.

About day 210 you need to be finished since you only were allowed 6 months.
Apprentice
Member # 7246
Profile Homepage #2
There many other time based events.

Colchis is for instance destroyed on day 2. If you visit it on day 1 it is still intact, although it does not have any inhabitants.

Poubslo and Dellston and some other towns in the area get destroyed if you do not solve the Giant/Trogo problem soon enough.

I have not found out when Appleton gets destroyed but I remember visiting it once before the giants raised it to the ground.

I have also heard that Shayder gets attacked if you do not destroy the Filth Factory quickly enough.

There are certainly other time triggered events in the game

--------------------
My Avernum Walkthroughs