A3: What special metal does Carmine needs?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A3: What special metal does Carmine needs?
Apprentice
Member # 7452
Profile #0
I met Carmine the blacksmith in Lennus, and he asked me to bring some good metal to him, though he didnt specify. What metal should i bring to him?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Mithril.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 7452
Profile #2
thanks!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
To be a little clearer, those aren't items. Mithril comes in the form of a special item called Metal Lumps. You can find mithril in several places, but they're also used in other quests.

—Alorael, who prefers Carmine's rewards to the other quests. The only downside is the patience requirement.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #4
Mithral broadswords were awesome in E3, but I remember being somewhat disappointed by them in A3. You can get at least one by just finding the lumps (don't have to sacrifice a quest reward), and one of the two quests that needs metal lumps has a pretty crappy reward, so you can get a second one there.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by The Gators Win it All....... Again:

Mithral broadswords were awesome in E3, but I remember being somewhat disappointed by them in A3.
Really? Great boosts, including an AP boost (all too rare in A3), and it does extra damage to undead. What's not to like? :P

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #6
It's two handed, so getting three of them isn't really useful. :D

I mean the most you'd have is three warriors, and that's assuming one of the three doubles as something else. At least one would use pole, so that one gets the Black Halberd. That leaves you with one or two warriors, and I'm pretty sure there was a better sword than the mithral sword.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
Why not put one on a mage? Extra AP never hurts, and it's not like there's any reason for your mage to be lugging a shield around.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #8
Why can't I buy another sword from Carmine? I remember in Exile 3 buying at least two, and there's the opportunity to get a third if you don't get Beastslayer from Sulfras. In Avernum 3 he lets me buy one but the next time I come back to him the option to get another isn't there any more. Is this a bug? :-\
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
Have you made sure you have some metal lumps left? If not, go out and find some more.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #10
Yeah I do, definitely.

will check again though

[ Monday, April 09, 2007 07:08: Message edited by: finlay ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #11
Definitely not working; I do have Metal Lumps, and I have been to Carmine to check if he'll take them or not, and he won't. The conversation option doesn't even show up. Bug? :(