A2: Test of Patience

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A2: Test of Patience
Apprentice
Member # 4751
Profile #0
In the Test of Patience in A2, I've gotten past the water part, but I can't get the rock into the chamber where the path is changed by the wheel. Here's a screenshot of where I've gotten to: IMAGE(http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/Anarch21/a2top.png)
I read the thing in Schrodinger's FAQ about the Test of Patience, but I believe that the FAQ overestimates the intelligence of certain people (such as myself), for I can't figure out how to move the block to the northern chamber.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #1
It is called the TEST OF PATIENCE, DON'T BE a Spiderweb game newb.

You can move the block by smashing into it by a wall.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

Of course it would be quicker if you were a mod and were able to do the linking yourself -Micawber
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Um, don't mind Iffy (Infernal Flamming Muffin). He's new and clearly doesn't remember this part of the game.

Wander a bit north and west. You'll find a wheel with a chain. Turn it until there are stairs that you can just push the boulder up. (You'll have to turn it again a couple of times to get the orientation in the next room right.)

[ Thursday, March 29, 2007 12:55: Message edited by: Malakos the Freshly-Plowed ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #3
I posted incorrectly, the computer is being fusturating.

I meant that you can move the block into the wall/pit and it will move somwhere else.
And you are not supposed to pull any chains.

Edit -it looks like you pulled chains earlier. That was a bad thing to do.

[ Thursday, March 29, 2007 13:02: Message edited by: Infernal Flamming Muffin ]

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

Of course it would be quicker if you were a mod and were able to do the linking yourself -Micawber
Apprentice
Member # 4751
Profile #4
Yeah, I know that you can run the block into walls to move it other places. That's the only way to get it to where it is in the screenshot, y'know.

quote:
Originally written by Malakos the Freshly-Plowed:

Wander a bit north and west. You'll find a wheel with a chain. Turn it until there are stairs that you can just push the boulder up. (You'll have to turn it again a couple of times to get the orientation in the next room right.)
Oh, yeah. If you turn it enough, it'll produce the stairs down the middle, won't it... I remember that from my last playthrough now... Thanks!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #5
Iffy, posting incorrect game instructions is not nice at all. :mad:

[ Thursday, March 29, 2007 14:31: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
I'm going to cut this off right here before anyone says anything unpleasant.

Iffy, I'm assuming that your posts were made in good faith, but it's usually best to do some sort of checking before you give help. This poster made just about the best request for help that one can make (complete with screenshot), so telling him not to be a "newb" is not really useful.

Tyran, go easy on Iffy.

Neither of you have done anything particularly wrong, and I'm shutting this down before anyone does. Let no one complain that the mods are too slow to act!

Anarch, my impression is that your question has been answered. If you have a further one, feel free to make a new topic. :)

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00